OFFENSIVE DIALOGUE IN CotD

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's being a little sensitive, and over the top tbh..

which doesn't mean i'm a homophobe, or whatever. I know plenty of gay people.

Yes though, possibly hinting he's gay. What with the whole ironic nazi thing..

Jesus christ calm down. Firstly, Richtofen in my opinion, is clearly gay, there are numerous references to this, and he is one of the most brilliant and entertaining characters in gaming history. Secondly, this was not offensive at all, that is just his character and having a bit of joking banter. Chill out and don't be so sensitive

Hey guys, I know that maybe everyone knows about the NEW free the crew easter egg.

But, that is just a mere reference in this topic.

In one of the dialogue sequences in between steps, Dempsey refers to Richtofen as "Rectal-Fan", obviously meaning it as an insult.

For thos who aren't aware, your rectum is basically your butt, and Dempsey called Richtofen "Rectal-Fan" or Butt Fan basically. Butt Fan basically means he likes doing it in the butt, the only option Gays have when it comes to sex. So basically, Dempsey just called Richtofen gay, meaning it as an INSULT. HE IS SAYING THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE GAY ARE WORTH INSULTING.

Now, I know you may say, "Well he insults everything". But that isnt exactly rue. Sure he may insult a person, or a zombie, or Sam, but we never hear him say anything RACIST or SEXIST(well, not HARSHLY), and being insulting to Gays falls on the same line as being insulting to a race or sex.

Now, before people jump to conclusions, no, I'm not gay or bi. However, I do have 3 bi and gay friends I would take a bullet for. This offends me TREMENDOUSLY, and my jaw LITERALLY dropped when he said that. I'm not sure who wrote this dialogue, but whoever it as needs to be fired. A substantial percent of the world population is full of Gays, lesbians, and bisexuals, and this is somewhere along the lines of saying negro(no offense, just to inform), but not the full "N word". It would be something worse if it was F*gg*t, but on a scale of 1 to 10 on how much this offends me, its an 8.

I really hope Treyarch or SOMEONE who can do something sees this. This really offends me and I want it gone. On a lighter side, what if this is just Treyarchs way of telling us Richy is gay? Highly doubted however.

THE VIDEO IM REFERRING TO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YSVd6c ... ideo_title

Around 1:47 he says it.

That part gave you away. 7/10 for the effort though.

Hey guys, I know that maybe everyone knows about the NEW free the crew easter egg.

But, that is just a mere reference in this topic.

In one of the dialogue sequences in between steps, Dempsey refers to Richtofen as "Rectal-Fan", obviously meaning it as an insult.

For thos who aren't aware, your rectum is basically your butt, and Dempsey called Richtofen "Rectal-Fan" or Butt Fan basically. Butt Fan basically means he likes doing it in the butt, the only option Gays have when it comes to sex. So basically, Dempsey just called Richtofen gay, meaning it as an INSULT. HE IS SAYING THAT PEOPLE WHO ARE GAY ARE WORTH INSULTING.

Now, I know you may say, "Well he insults everything". But that isnt exactly rue. Sure he may insult a person, or a zombie, or Sam, but we never hear him say anything RACIST or SEXIST(well, not HARSHLY), and being insulting to Gays falls on the same line as being insulting to a race or sex.

Now, before people jump to conclusions, no, I'm not gay or bi. However, I do have 3 bi and gay friends I would take a bullet for. This offends me TREMENDOUSLY, and my jaw LITERALLY dropped when he said that. I'm not sure who wrote this dialogue, but whoever it as needs to be fired. A substantial percent of the world population is full of Gays, lesbians, and bisexuals, and this is somewhere along the lines of saying negro(no offense, just to inform), but not the full "N word". It would be something worse if it was F*gg*t, but on a scale of 1 to 10 on how much this offends me, its an 8.

I really hope Treyarch or SOMEONE who can do something sees this. This really offends me and I want it gone. On a lighter side, what if this is just Treyarchs way of telling us Richy is gay? Highly doubted however.

THE VIDEO IM REFERRING TO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4YSVd6c ... ideo_title

Around 1:47 he says it.

2/10

See me after class.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated M for the ESRB for "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, and Strong Language".

boom headshot!

just because rectal means butt doesnt mean hes gay.

its just a play on words, for example, there used to be this girl named Elizabeth that lived next to me and everyone called her "lizard breath" cuz it kinda sounded like her name.

It was Tank suggesting that Richtofen is gay. Not sure how this is an insult. He was making a statement about a characteristic. Its like if I call igetmydeathmachineon a forum-fan in an effort to draw attention to his status as a forum dweller. Would that be an insult? Homosexuality is not a disability and a statement of one's homosexuality is not an insult.

This is ignoring the fact that it's an M rated video game in which the four central characters are blatant (and potentially offensive) representations of racial and ethnic stereotypes.

you sure you didnt misinterpret Richtofen as Rectalfan. also back in the forties man gay bashing was a thing that was done. it was frowned upon by some, but a lot did it. maybe this adds to the authenticity? honestly i dont know, and these are ideas off the top of my head.

I think you are Major-ly over reacting, I mean I'm gay and when I heard dempsey say that I just laughed and thought it was funny. He's not being offensive to all gays hes just taking the piss out off Richtofen.

Honestly, comparing what Tank says to Richtofen in this one little line is a baby comment to what you'd hear during multiplayer. Yea he says it, but at the same time when you first hear it it's probably just a "AHA. Typical Tank." comment that goes through your head. I see where you're coming from when you say you're over obviously offended by what he said, but at the same time even those who are Straight, Gay, Lesbian, or Bisexual do make those comments at times.

I'm Bi and I make them a lot of the time but that's because I go that way so it doesn't effect me emotionally/mentally/etc when I say it. So I never really care.

But at the same time it's like, thats the 'humor' of teens nowadays and sometimes just saying that kind of Crap makes them happy about themselves. When I think about that quote now, it just makes me think back to Tank commenting on updating his Facebook status in Ascension because it's how people nowadays talk; In the present.

So whether it was "Rectal-Fan" or a very slurred "Richtofen," even if the quote wasn't in there there would still be offensive dialogue happening in the Multiplayer aspect of Call of Duty. So there isn't a real way to avoid it.

I sincerely hope to god you iz trollin'

You are the epitome of the word 'political correctness'

>He says rectalfan

>Means Treyarch hate gays

Just no.

It's a humurous insult about Richtofen being an anus. Nothing more. Stop being so butthurt. Oh wait, now i must hate gays too

I sincerely hope to god you iz trollin'

You are the epitome of the word 'political correctness'

>He says rectalfan

>Means Treyarch hate gays

Just no.

It's a humurous insult about Richtofen being an anus. Nothing more. Stop being so butthurt. Oh wait, now i must hate gays too

Dude, really?

There's a difference between having a point to prove with an opinion that comes from the heart and just having no brains at all just to look like a douche to everyone. If anyone 'iz trollin' after saying anything, it's you.