Free Escalation Map Pack for PS3 users...

Oh hi guys, don't mind me going to drop this link off here...

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1165399p1.html

^ Basically, every PSN user who doesn't have PS+ will get 30 days of it for free. And for those who DO already have PS+, it will just add 30 days to their subscription for free. Not that bad of a deal, i say :)

That's it for the debate as to what PSN are getting for the outage...

This thread is now about trains :3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Anti Earth

Yes. And i keep up to date on the Internet Group Anonymous.

They were the ones that took it down in response to sony lawsuiting those people and gerting i.p. Adresses of those on their Youtube channel. The info was hacked and released by a few rouge members of them 'for teh lulz'. Before you go accusing someone of fail, check your facts. AnonOps, AnonyNews, and a certain Board will tell you all you need to know.

Btw, they will continue their assault on PSN and releasing credit card info and personal info until Sony releases the lawsuits and pardon said innocent parties.

Not only a month of free PSN+ but we also get selected items discounted. they vary from region to region. i cant wait to blow a hole in my virtual wallet on shit i probably wont use anyway.

but it is awesome that we get PSN+. i think they will get some new subscribers out of it because they are just giving us some bait to buy the full version. im looking forward to getting some awesome themes, avatars, and minis. also mass effect 2 if its still free for PSN+

Yeah I just noticed this, too. I wonder what the "region specific gift" we will receive is going to be? Anyways, what's bothering me about this free month of PlayStation Plus is that you need to access the PlayStation Store to be able to use it right? The news is saying that we won't be able to use the PlayStation Store until the end of the month. I guess we'll have to wait to see how everything unfolds.

As you know, with all the BS going on with Sony right now, that the PlayStation Network's been down for 9 days now and according to recent articles: Sony wants to "make good" with PS3 players. I think it would be pretty awesome if they gave us a free download off the PS store or possibly a $15 credit for anything off the store.

It's bad enough we gotta wait another month after XBOX gets it, lucky bastards. I'm so pumped for this map, it's the only thing I'll play as I'm sure most of you all only buy the map pack for just the zombie map.

Nah how about you get a life and a job and you buy the Card and the maps.

Lol

we should get it for free cause im almost sure this is the second time this has happened, also, XBL gets this shit early, so i mean comon

yeah those bastards. PAYING for quality service and getting dlc early, ps3 users should get it before xbl because we deserve it, i mean the servers have been down forever and we pay quality money

o wait

No, this won't happen. Activision sets the prices and since they have a partner with Microsoft (When it comes to Call of Duty DLC), you would think it most likely won't happen.

Maybe some free DLC from Sony published/developed games, or PSN credit. That is probably it.

... or maybe a "Hanoi Day" free map! :D

I don't think we'll be getting the Map Pack for free. But Sony said that they'll be offering a "welcome back" package to all PSN users. They'll give us 30 days free membership to PS+ and selected content on the PS Store will be available for free download.

This is my first post on this forum, but that's only because I found it a few days ago.

First off, I HIGHLY doubt Sony will give us a free DLC. It's gonna be a free month of PSN+ and some small other things. Second, the network STILL ISN't UP, and the store won't be up for a month they said I thinks? Hopefully they get PSN back up within the week like they said on the PS blog, and our credit card information is NOT stolen.

Whatever though. We weren't getting the map pack for another few weeks anyway due to COD's contract with Microsoft.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe we WILL get compensation?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/PSN-Back-On ... 11031.html

That article claims that:

Sony also detailed a ‘Welcome Back Appreciation Program’ for its users. The thank you package will include 30 free days of PSN Plus for every user, selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download (content will differ depending on your region), and 30 free days of Music Unlimited for Qriocity users. Sony says users can also expect additional "Welcome Back" entertainment and service offerings over the coming weeks.

* Timed access sucks for people like me with slow internet though

:(

And @ HaloOrCod!...

Soz, I opened this at school and couldn't think of a reply.

My friend posted the 'I hate you'.

Didn't remove it because it was hilarious at the time!

:D

• 1 month later...