Free Escalation Map Pack for PS3 users...

As you know, with all the BS going on with Sony right now, that the PlayStation Network's been down for 9 days now and according to recent articles: Sony wants to "make good" with PS3 players. I think it would be pretty awesome if they gave us a free download off the PS store or possibly a $15 credit for anything off the store.

It's bad enough we gotta wait another month after XBOX gets it, lucky bastards. I'm so pumped for this map, it's the only thing I'll play as I'm sure most of you all only buy the map pack for just the zombie map.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would obviously love this to happen but very much doubt it will...we don't pay to use the Playstation network..why should they pay us for a couple of weeks not being able to get on, there isn't really a logical argument unless you think it would be compensation from the personal details being leaked :?:

Ummm...

This incident has been extremely detrimental to Sony's reputability.

People will be afraid to invest their money toward PSN now.

This will critically effect Sony financially.

I just hope there isn't a boss figure somewhere in the chain that cuts the SOny budget,

because of it's uneconomic turn :|

I doubt they will throw away money at a time like this!

Well this is how I look at it, this is destroying Playstion's, as well as Sony's as a whole, reputation. They say they want to "make good" with PS3 users. Most of us are pretty pissed off right now because of this. Sony wants to keep playstation users playing their products: what better way to ensure playstation users to keep playing PS3, by giving them a credit towards something in the playstation store. There's not doubt in my mind, that after hearing about this fiasco, that people have traded in their Ps3's for Xboxes. I bet more people are hesistant about keeping their PSN profile online as well.

It would make sense, but I do feel like it would be unlikely. A free month or a couple weeks of PS+ would probably be the closest thing to something that we might get.

One can hope though.

wont happen

1. its activisions call if any of their products are free or not

2. not everyone owns Black Ops so sony wouldnt risk losing even more customers by singling out just owners of a certain game.

nice idea but not viable at all

im not agreeing it will happen but the OP says credit towards something not necessarily black ops... it could be a download to barbie ponies lol or something like that lil big planet just credit maybe not even a whole $15 could be like $5 that would still be cool seeing as it would give us a sort of a discount on any purchase we would want

I can't see it, Activison would lose so much money as everyone would use the download on the map pack.

I think that a PS+ trial would be it, or probably a free download of a select game that sony chooses.

Activision wouldn't lose any money out of it. Sony would be the one's losing money. Activision would still be getting paid regardless.

i heard they might give us a $20 or $25 psn card

Not gunna happen, why would they pay you guys to use the service?

Maybe the PSN+ users.

It's not about "paying" us to use the service. It's called getting compensation for letting personal details get leaked and possibly our credit card information as well. A company with the amount of resources that Sony has shouldn't let something like this happen. I check my credit card statement 15 times a day now just to make sure I'm not being charged for something I did not buy. It's about caring about the consumer, too.

i heard they might give us a $20 or $25 psn card

Not gunna happen, why would they pay you guys to use the service?

Maybe the PSN+ users.

It's not about "paying" us to use the service. It's called getting compensation for letting personal details get leaked and possibly our credit card information as well. A company with the amount of resources that Sony has shouldn't let something like this happen. I check my credit card statement 15 times a day now just to make sure I'm not being charged for something I did not buy. It's about caring about the consumer, too.

If it's about compensation for personal details, I think you should sue Sony.

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. In the terms of Service for PSN it states that they are not responsible for any downtime the PSN has. That is due to the lawsuit i believe happened against either them or Microsoft by a guy who was enraged because it was down way back then.

And the only reason Xbox is getting it first is because we pay for Microsoft to bribe developers to release stuff for us first. It's a get what you pay for thing. PSN+ gets you cheaper add-ons and downloadable games and a few BETAs. Xbox Live gets you first pick at stuff and higher quality servers, but everything is still full priced.

PS> If you read about why this is happening, you'd know how selfish Sony is. It all happened because a guy and his friends never hooked up a PS3 to online services, hacked it and made a 'mock version' of the playstation store and put a video of it on youtube. May I note, by note connecting it to PSN or internet in any way, he did not accept the TERMS OF SERVICE. Sony saw this, had him and his friends get hit with lawsuits, and requested the I.P. addresses from everyone who saw their video on Youtube and their blog, which Youtube gladly agreed. Thus Anonymous jumped in since they really didn't do anything wrong, and Sony tried to silence someone's freedom of Speech on the internet.

If you read about why this is happening, you'd know how selfish Sony is. It all happened because a guy and his friends never hooked up a PS3 to online services, hacked it and made a 'mock version' of the playstation store and put a video of it on youtube. May I note, by note connecting it to PSN or internet in any way, he did not accept the TERMS OF SERVICE. Sony saw this, had him and his friends get hit with lawsuits.

LOL

YOU FAIL

That's a completed different happening.

We're talking about PSN being down because of the Hacking.

Have you not even read what everyone else has said?

I want down-brains you so bad right now!

Read before you post!