Please be a joke...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, i think they're trying to add some sort of realism to everything. The actors go up there to shoot a film, and all this crazy stuff happens. IT JUST HAPPENS to be in Discovery where they were doing all of the GKNOVA stuff and the accidentaly wake up the zombies, and Romero get's turned into one. I have faith that this will tie into the storyline in more ways than one. You guys have only seen the actors so far, relax. As of right now we're on track, the lighthouse is there which means in one way or another we're on the right track, maybe they discover the reason why zombies are zombies to begin with? It doesn't have to be our four main characters for that to happen. just because we don't see takeo die or richtofen brought to justice doesn't mean it's swaying from the bigger picture.

To be honest, i think they're trying to add some sort of realism to everything. The actors go up there to shoot a film, and all this crazy stuff happens. IT JUST HAPPENS to be in Discovery where they were doing all of the GKNOVA stuff and the accidentaly wake up the zombies, and Romero get's turned into one. I have faith that this will tie into the storyline in more ways than one. You guys have only seen the actors so far, relax. As of right now we're on track, the lighthouse is there which means in one way or another we're on the right track, maybe they discover the reason why zombies are zombies to begin with? It doesn't have to be our four main characters for that to happen. just because we don't see takeo die or richtofen brought to justice doesn't mean it's swaying from the bigger picture.

I'm hoping you're right, but as of right now, I'm in the minority. I don't like the looks of this map at all :\.

And it's 99% because our beloved characters aren't in it. If they were, and all of the new gimmicks stayed, I'd be absolutely ecstatic. It's just not the same without them ;(. It's the first time we've REALLY been separated from them (On a NEW map.) Sure, there was FIVE, but it was released the same time as Kino. We had a choice there.

It's not a joke. The map is a change of pace, just a fun action packed map. I'm positive the next map pack will feature the return of our normal characters.

Maybe they're going to do like a funny map every other DLC?...

Like Five was fun - then ascension was serious - then this one's fun -then the next one will be serious and so on and so forth.

I think Treyarch is having WAY too much fun prolonging what happens next though. I mean yeah, having these additional fun maps that has a unique setting and new characters is fun and all and I am definitely stoked to get my hands on this map pack, but if that's exactly what they are going to do, they should include two zombie maps. One serious, one fun. I

I guarentee it won't be long at all before people start going, "Yeah yeah... frozen pirate and ship crew zombies... but when do we get to find out what really happens next?"

I've just watched the CoTD trailer, and seriously, i mean SERIOUSLY Treyarch? It looks like some sort of sh*t horror film reject.

Putting 4 actors/actresses as characters? Come on, i honestly thought it was a joke, i honestly thought that it was a trailer made to cover up the REAL zombies map, but i think even for such a huge Company, creating such an elaborate ploy is beyond them.

I'm still going to buy it, if not just because of the MP maps. I am disappointed before i have even bought it.

*One last bit*

Zombie playing is probably the highest it has EVER been and Treyarch are going to throw it all away. They realise they WILL make a huge pile of cash out of us, whatever pieces of shite they make, and charge us a Tenner for buying.

It's a total bag of w@nk.

*Rant over*

Dom

I respect your stance that you are choosing to take on your view of this new map pack, but don't you think you should at least give it a chance? You watched the Trailer, but did you watch the Inside Xbox video? in it has a lot more material that wasn't covered in the trailer. By making this map pack treyarch is able to generate a response from the zombie playing community on what was a good addition and what they should not include in the next zombie map. I recently made a thread about this, but Treyarch finally grew some balls and decided to be ambitious enough to make SOO many new yet rapid changes to a map that is sure to either enrage hardcore gamers, or make them fall in love with its' new features. I say don't knock it until you try it, trailers are trailers..you're not actually there playing them yet

I think that in the trailer, it showed the voice actors and character models names, not the characters IN GAME names. Like in movies such as uh... Kung Foo Panda or something, in the credits it says Jack Black, but the character in the movie is not named Jack Black. Do ya'll follow me?

I think that in the trailer, it showed the voice actors and character models names, not the characters IN GAME names. Like in movies such as uh... Kung Foo Panda or something, in the credits it says Jack Black, but the character in the movie is not named Jack Black. Do ya'll follow me?

no we are legitmately playing as the actors. they were apparently filming when the zombies attacked. (theory)

I believe this because when Danny hits Robert in the Robert goes "Dannnnnnyyyy" and George is still alive at this point so...

Dudes, I think people may be missing something! Im pretty sure the actors,(gellar, rooker, trejo, englund.) arent playing themselves. They gave their likeness's and voices, but they will be playing different characters. The trailer is set up just like a grindhouse movie trailer. They give the names of the "big" actors to draw a crowd.

Actually on the inside Xbox thing, Trejo knocks Englund in the head when he's talking to Romero, and Englund refers to him as Danny.

And in terms of this whole post in general, I have to disagree with the OP's opinion as well.

Think of it this way, Treyarch's got a pattern going on with these zombie maps:

Kino: Introduced some new elements to the traditional zombie mode

Five: Brought in the elements from Kino and added even more new elements, ie a new boss round, multi levels, an even more interactive way of getting to the PaP Machine

Ascenesion: Brought in the elements from Five that worked and pegged them to the traditional zombie elements, and even introduced more new elements, ie a bigger map, a new boss round that did something else even newer, new perks.

CotD: Probably gonna be bringing in some elements from Ascension, like the large map size, and introduces even more new elements to the zombie mode while bringing back some old favorite mechanics, like being able to handle the zombies in teams of 2 on separate parts of the map like on Verrukt.

Whatever the next map is: Will probably introduce new things while bringing in the things from CotD that worked.

So just think of it this way. And like Alpha said, we haven't even played CotD yet. It's cool to give an opinion, but who knows, this may be the most fast paced, action packed map ever.

Dudes, I think people may be missing something! Im pretty sure the actors,(gellar, rooker, trejo, englund.) arent playing themselves. They gave their likeness's and voices, but they will be playing different characters. The trailer is set up just like a grindhouse movie trailer. They give the names of the "big" actors to draw a crowd.

Actually on the inside Xbox thing, Trejo knocks Englund in the head when he's talking to Romero, and Englund refers to him as Danny.

And in terms of this whole post in general, I have to disagree with the OP's opinion as well.

Think of it this way, Treyarch's got a pattern going on with these zombie maps:

Kino: Introduced some new elements to the traditional zombie mode

Five: Brought in the elements from Kino and added even more new elements, ie a new boss round, multi levels, an even more interactive way of getting to the PaP Machine

Ascenesion: Brought in the elements from Five that worked and pegged them to the traditional zombie elements, and even introduced more new elements, ie a bigger map, a new boss round that did something else even newer, new perks.

CotD: Probably gonna be bringing in some elements from Ascension, like the large map size, and introduces even more new elements to the zombie mode while bringing back some old favorite mechanics, like being able to handle the zombies in teams of 2 on separate parts of the map like on Verrukt.

Whatever the next map is: Will probably introduce new things while bringing in the things from CotD that worked.

So just think of it this way. And like Alpha said, we haven't even played CotD yet. It's cool to give an opinion, but who knows, this may be the most fast paced, action packed map ever.

I guess you are right really, about the whole elements thing. I must admit i'm a bit stuck in the past when it comes to Zombies. I prefer to play DR than the new maps, it's just i'm a Lazy S.O.B. when it comes to changing Disks :P.

I guess what i'm saying is that i'm not one for change, it's just the way i am. It takes me a while to get used to new stuff, it took me forever to get used to playing ascension...

I couldn't agree more I mean WHO would want a fun new change from the same old same old. I mean seriously Treyarch we just want the same stuff every map! The characters shouldn't be celebrities! That's lame! The old characters will never return and I'm so mad about this sack of masturb@tion!(its a term where i come from)

I'm trying to provoke Trolling and Flaming, because i have nothing better to do with my time than try to annoy people. I get LULZ from it!

There, i fixed yours back.

i feel like this comeback lost effectiveness coming in a day later...

I would have done it before, but for some reason the Forums not working too well for me right now. Plus i fell asleep before i could do it last night :D and i only just remembered hahah

Ok let me set this straight. In the beginning there was 'Call of Duty'. This was a war based game series which sold very well and became very popular because of it's gripping campaign and gameplay. Then they decided to take a risk when 'World at War' came out and put a Zombie mode in!?! What were they thinking right! Most people who used to play Call of Duty would have gotten quite angry at the idea if they heard it prior to it's release and said that the designers were ruining a good thing - taking away the "seriousness" of the game. But did they? NO! Then after it's success with world at war they used ex-presidents instead of the original characters in Black Ops! WTF surely?! Why would they!?! Oh wait it's not actually that bad... it was a nice change of pace. But alas it is now time for something more and Treyarch surely are renowned for their innovative and SUCCESSFUL creations and have proved themselves capable of doing the game justice! Let's let them do what they do best and stop complaining! They know what they are doing!

Peace Out!

[The-Note]

This kid is a such a liar..

You know more than 1/2 the people that said they werent going to buy First Strike DID...

And the guy says he is buying it for the MP maps... I guarantee day 01 he plays the Zombie map... lol..

You pay for it, you're going to do it..

NO ONE... protests a game or it's gameplace, admits to wanting to pay for it, then ignores 100% of it's features... it's like the Christians who protested harry potter on opening day and saw it on DVD...

COME ON!!! This forum is to discuss the game, not openly protesting it, hoping to rally people to your cause for brains and thumbs... :P

in my honest opinion-- there is always a time to grow up.. and today, that is your day.

I guess you are right really, about the whole elements thing. I must admit i'm a bit stuck in the past when it comes to Zombies. I prefer to play DR than the new maps, it's just i'm a Lazy S.O.B. when it comes to changing Disks :P.

I guess what i'm saying is that i'm not one for change, it's just the way i am. It takes me a while to get used to new stuff, it took me forever to get used to playing ascension...

That I can understand, Der Riese is a great map, don't get me wrong, but let's look at this way:

Would you rather have the zombie team come up with like...2 or 3 new ideas and rush their zombie map that has our original 4 heroes on it?

Or would you rather them TEST new elements they wanna bring to us, get feedback, and make those new elements even better when they do put our original 4 characters in it?

I'm not against change one bit, and have caught on to the pattern Treyarch's throwing at us, so I see no need for ANYONE to honestly bitch and complain about this map, especially when their main argument is the characters we play as.