Call of the Dead may not be straying from the story line....

According to imdb this is the plot to the call of the dead zombie map: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1896726/plotsummary and was apparently posted just before the trailer was released. One thing i see throughout the forum is people saying that it is abandoning the story line, just take a look at this line.

A shipwrecked crew of fearless explorers are hopelessly stranded in a remote abandoned Siberian outpost. Their dream of discovering the true origins of the mysterious Element 115

If this happens to be true we could actually see a huge development in the story line to zombies 8-)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Treyarch are milking the zombie cow!

May see a movie ... Thats all set up isn't it with credible actors and epic director ...

I don't think they straying from the story, just taking an alternative view!

They will use this map to draw in players who have been hidden under a rock for 2years, but also to fill in the blanks, add depth to the story for us avid fans..

Even if there is no Nazi zombie story progression in COTD, i wouldn't even mind if Treyarch flat out said that "this map pack was purely for us to get a sense of what NOT to put in the new map pack because we want it to be as perfect as possible for you hardcore zombie gamers"

Because that's what i believe they are doing!

well i could honestly care less wether or not the story progresses.

(dont get me wrong i love the story)

but its freaking goerge a romero in a freaking zombie game, the godfather of zombie horror made a zombie map(he suggested it right)

hopefully treyarch just did the suprise characters right this time

I don't think they are straying at all, in fact if you pay attention and piece basic things together then it appears that Romero came upon old nazi documents about the zombie outbreak and decided to make his own film about it. Upon shooting the actual film they unleash real zombies and have to fight through them, Romero appears to have been possessed during the unleashing. So then the four actors must fight through the zombies to survive.

Now, if this is part of the overall story it would indicate that the events of nazi zombies were covered-up and (assuming five is connected) that everyone who was in the pentagon outbreak made it out alive and it too was covered-up.

Or at least this is what I believe. The 935 logos in Call of the Dead may give away that this was an actual place of interest during the earlier zombie years, and they probably melt away something that triggers the zombie reanimation.