KINO - Strange image flash before teleporting

OK so I've been doing some searching lately and couldn't find anything, and could use some help checking it out. I've been playing Kino quite often lately waiting for the new DLC to come out, and have always noticed something weird while teleporting. Occasionally (about 75% of the time) when I teleported I would see an image for a split second before going to the black screen with the words and faces floating past you. It's too fast to make out at regular speed, but it's definately noticable as I'm sure you've all seen it for yourselves. Same thing happens when you get telported out of the PAP room.

Well I decided to record a couple videos with an old cheap camera and upload them to my computer so I could slow them down. I used a Windows Movie Maker program which is pretty crappy but it's all I got. I couldn't figure out how to save a still frame picture from the program, so I uploaded a few videos in SUPER SUPER slow motion. If I could get someone with a capture card to play with or to check this out for me I'd appreciate it. When I slowed it down the images just confused me more. I don't recognize any of the them.

Images slowed down from a tenth of a second to 20 seconds. BE WARNED the quality is terrible. If someone's got a capture card and can record a match let me know. My GT is my Username on here. Send me a message first letting me know you're from CoDz.

Teleporting into PAP room

E3Z3z5u9jbo

Teleporting out of PAP room/Into Secret Room

rKvbpAdMID0

Teleporting out of Secret Room

RchbfsW8xTo

BTW don't waste your time coming on here saying that it's nothing. Those types of responses are unwanted and do not warrant a response. Just saying in advance. Thanks guys!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice find!

Btw, are there only three,or are there more?Crazy thought but maybe they are flashbacks. :lol:

Well it's too hard to tell if they're different each time or if it's just these three playing over and over again unless I slow it down. I'll do another recording tonight to check, but it's just a pain without having a capture card. Plus the quality of these videos are complete shit. It'd be nice to play with someone with one so we can get some clearer images.

But that's what I was thinking too about the flashbacks! At first I thought it was just parts of Kino that we're being seen during the flash, like a glitch or something. But when I look closely at them they don't look like they're from Kino. Pretty strange stuff!

well, you got nice eyes dude.

i tried it out, and indeed, there is a one frame flashing picture.

it is obviously a blurred screenshot of a place in or outside the map.

i got here the screenshots that i can find in your videos 0 and 2.

On my first record, i found this picture while teleporting from STage to Pap. I was facing from Teleporter to Lobby before teleporting.

Its obivously behind the teleporter, you see the M16. But the zombie spawn window makes no sense there, it's like a mixed screenshot of multiple places.

On my second record, going from Pap to secret room, i found this picture. You might know ( see here at 0:55 ), that outside the map, there are these black boxes in which these floating by pap symbols are. You see 2 of those black rooms here from the outside.

On the first record again, from secret room to lobby, i got this one. It's again somewhere outside the map, check the video linked above.

But for example, again from secret room to lobby, in the second record, i found just this picture. Can see some structure on the top left, might be somewhere outside the map too. But, obviously you dont get the same screenshot all the time. This could be the one you have in Video 4.

Pretty interesting, maybe when teleporting, you move at almost infitie speed through all the walls, and cause its just ALMOST infinite speed, you can see one screenshot somewhere in the map, on the way that you are moving infinite fast or so. This would make sense, since the screenshots from secret room to lobby are different - cause the room was different. Whereas the screenshot from stage to pap might be always the same, cause this teleporting way is always the same one.

Guest xeinpo

That's no Easter Egg. When you Teleport it bring's you to another part of the map where the Teleportation process is. It show's outside there for just a split second. It's nothing

That's no Easter Egg. When you Teleport it bring's you to another part of the map where the Teleportation process is. It show's outside there for just a split second. It's nothing

Clearly you did not read my post in it's entirety, if you did you would have read that I was looking for someone with a Capture Card to check it out for me. Nowhere did I state it was an Easter Egg in my post. Also you must have missed the last sentence of my posting say comments like "its nothing"is unwanted. All I asked was for a little help checking it out. Stop the bashing dude.

well, you got nice eyes dude.

i tried it out, and indeed, there is a one frame flashing picture.

it is obviously a blurred screenshot of a place in or outside the map.

i got here the screenshots that i can find in your videos 0 and 2.

On my first record, i found this picture while teleporting from STage to Pap. I was facing from Teleporter to Lobby before teleporting.

Its obivously behind the teleporter, you see the M16. But the zombie spawn window makes no sense there, it's like a mixed screenshot of multiple places.

On my second record, going from Pap to secret room, i found this picture. You might know ( see here at 0:55 ), that outside the map, there are these black boxes in which these floating by pap symbols are. You see 2 of those black rooms here from the outside.

On the first record again, from secret room to lobby, i got this one. It's again somewhere outside the map, check the video linked above.

But for example, again from secret room to lobby, in the second record, i found just this picture. Can see some structure on the top left, might be somewhere outside the map too. But, obviously you dont get the same screenshot all the time. This could be the one you have in Video 4.

Pretty interesting, maybe when teleporting, you move at almost infitie speed through all the walls, and cause its just ALMOST infinite speed, you can ffffsee one screenshot somewhere in the map, on the way that you are moving infinite fast or so. This would make sense, since the screenshots from secret room to lobby are different - cause the room was different. Whereas the screenshot from stage to pap might be always the same, cause this teleporting way is always the same one.

Ok man you definately deserve multiple brains for posting all of this for me! Thanks so much! Thats exactly what I was looking for! I figured itd be easier to see when using a capture card but damn! Thats perfectly clear what's going on and you're right, its the outside of map that they're passing through extremely quickly. Thats crazy haha. Well thanks for doing that for me! Now i know what that flash is every time I see it!

I think I know what's going on. In fact, when your using the teleporter on Der Rise or Kino der Toten, if you noclip you can see that during the teleportation you get into a black room, where in front is the blue spiral pattern with the pictures comming on. So IMO the frame where you can see this is the frame where you're moving into that "room".

Look what I mean : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VQlu-5T ... re=related

Besides, it's nether the same frame because you can move to 4 different rooms, since there could be 4 players who need to teleport.

Yea Tom852 posted some images on this thread that shows the images I was seeing. But with a capture card so you can clearly see the images and we concluded that it was parts of the map as you moved at almost lightspeed to each room. Thanks for the additional help though. That flash always bugged me without knowing what it was. Thanks for help solving this mystery for me guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...