The Problem with Treyarch

Hanz_123

Here it is.

3ARC needs to stoP making cheesy trailers and centering them around the cruddy multiplayer. Just Stop ! No one cares for crappy multiplayer. Start centering things around Zombies. More ppl would like u for it. I mean seriously people are trying to tell u this because are getting bored of this game. Do stuff like making a zombies only map pack so u don't have to buy the mp maps because so far to me your mp maps have nothing really special unlike MW2's maps. Just trying to give advice.

Anyone else agree? ;)

Edit:

Also if they still want to make multiplayer more fun then stop making maps like this

.dull and dark maps(hanoi,kowloon,berlin wall,villa etc)

.snowy dull maps(grid, discovery,berlin wall etc)

and start making these kinda maps

.sunnny and day light maps(nuketown, firing range, summit,stadium,cracked etc)

And also plz add some close quarters maps

Anyone agree

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if people are moving away from multiplayer it is still used by loads of people and making the maps requires a lot less effort than making zombie maps, if they did change to more than one zombie map per DLC then the quality of the maps would most likely go down, and also the way they have it now brings in the most $$$ and lets face it, that's what counts most of all to Activision.

The need for a whole game dedicated to the Nazi Zombie theme is real & growing...

Mp mode has a short life span if your a CoD veteran...

Don't get me wrong, I do like a bit of Mp carnage now & then, but it soon gets stale...

The only problem I have with Zombie at the moment is lack of Maps, I love the ones I have, but I really want those classics released with some critical updates to the easter eggs.

Oh, and while I'm at it, why the hell isn't combat training available offline?

With the PSN down I thought I might do some CT vs nine AI on Veteran mode (I love a challenge) but alas you can't play it offline WTF...!

Regards Alpha.

Yeah, they should do 2 zombie maps and 3 multiplayer, and at the end they only show a bit of one of the zombie maps or both of them just like a dude in the video did with leaked info of call of the dead that supposly u get to level up on zombies and get up to 5 prestiges and for more info watch the vid, its already posted by someone go see it

Zombies ONLY map packs =D

im sick of black ops multiplayer new maps and after watching the der riese trailer again zombies was all they had.

now they have a multiplayer they forget about us and give us shit.

PPSH FTW

IF they put New and Old weapons in the new map is the only thing to make me happy about zombies.

I 100% agree with you! Treyarch needs to stop putting all their hype on Multiplayer and but it on Zombies! Literally over 70% of the Black Ops population plays zombies! I remember one time i played zombies, it said 221,000/287,000 players playing this, something like that :D . If Treyarch wants more of a Multiplayer population, then they should add more interactivity like crouch on walls, assassinations, more exciting obstacles like jumping across cliffs or a one handed zipline so you can while riding it. They should be making a zombies only Map Pack, because soon, Treyarch is going to go stale if they don't step up their zombie content. Maybe they could even make a whole new Zombies only game! I'm tired of getting close to no information on your Zombie maps and i'm pretty sure your fans are too.

So take some action Treyarch.

When I watch the trailer for Verruckt, Shi-No-Numa, and Der Riese..I automatically want to pop in W@W and start killing zombies...When I watch the trailer for Ascension I'm like "eh" and still wind up popping in W@W and playing Der Riese or something. I have yet to see a trailer for Kino or Five. But I'd REALLY like to see a trailer for Call of the Dead. And also, if Treyarch could possible make a DLC with 4 zombie maps and 1 multiplayer map...well that would just be sweet. Let's see...4 multiplayer maps per DLC...3 DLC's for W@W, and we're coming to 2 DLC's for BO's...theres a LOT of multiplayer maps and 8 zombie maps. C'mon Treyarch let's get moving on a zombie GAME!!! And maybe that game will have DLC's. Really how many people would love to just see a damn zombie game? I know I'd put aside Duke Nukem Forever if a COD zombie game came out before it.

I wouldn't even mind multiplayer so much if they didn't make so many snow maps. They need more diversity in their maps. Right now, it's either a snowy suburban base area, or a city area. Also, I wouldn't want two zombies maps per map pack. It would take them too long to complete, plus they might not put as much time into them.

I do agree I thought the trailers in World at War for Der Riese, Shi No Numa, Verruckt, and Nacht Der Untoten were fantastic. All we got for ascension was thirty second trailer... and I think a standalone game or more zombie content would certainly make things far more interesting for us.

The need for a whole game dedicated to the Nazi Zombie theme is real & growing...

Don't get me wrong, I do like a bit of Mp carnage now & then, but it soon gets stale...

The only problem I have with Zombie at the moment is lack of Maps, I love the ones I have, but I really want those classics released with some critical updates to the easter eggs.

With the PSN down I thought I might do some CT vs nine AI on Veteran mode (I love a challenge) but alas you can't play it offline WTF...!

Regards Alpha.

You can play against bots offline. I was just playing it last night. I am on Xbox however, is it different for PS3?

Regards Alpha.

Alpha its fully possible, Go into local and go into game mode options and set number of opponents to whatever you play against. it doesn't level you up in how ur doing in online but its still for the most part combat training. it still has recruit normal and veteran bots

i agree 50% because if they did just make a zombie map pack then there story line could just get real boring and drawn out not only that if the first trailer they showed for a mappack was just about zombies then the other million people who play MP day to day would get pissed becuase they dont like zombies(i know right) but not only that with the whole "Start making only sunshiny maps for MP" then it would be the same map ever time there trying to add variety in MP so it doesnt get so boring so fast im liking TreyArch way more now then Infinity ward MW2 MP pissed me off Black ops on the other hand doesnt i can easly play hours on end with out raging and the MW2 mappacks i didnt like either then made 2 new maps and rehashed 2 for COD4 i mean i love the Cod2 maps but dont slack off your only making 2 mappacks give me maps i havnt played and i do understand that IW fell apart half way through the year MW2 was out but still i paid $60 plus total $30 for Mappacks i want new maps not old ones

With the PSN down I thought I might do some CT vs nine AI on Veteran mode (I love a

challenge) but alas you can't play it offline WTF...!

Regards Alpha.

You can play against bots offline. I was just playing it last night. I am on Xbox however, is it different for PS3?

PSN got muffed up and hacked so they are completely rebuilding a part of PSN *sigh*

Regards Alpha.

Yes you can by going into local multiplayer and its only for TDM and Free for all but you can pick enemy and friend numbers in Edit Game Options

Treyarch added way too much shit in the new maps. I almost wish I could of bought the Zombie map as a stand alone map. Because I honestly think these are some of the worst maps they have put out all around(Including WaW)

Treyarch added way too much shit in the new maps. I almost wish I could of bought the Zombie map as a stand alone map. Because I honestly think these are some of the worst maps they have put out all around(Including WaW)

yeah, the maps are now to tiny, outskirts was WAY bigger than stockpile, which is actually a reskinned and smaller version of outskirts.

You have to realize that hardcore zombie players like ourselves are a minority, Treyarch are catering to the greater majority (which play MP the most). I too would love it if they released more zombie maps in the map packs, it sure would make it more worth the money for all of us here ;) .

That's why MP is always the biggest focus really for the COD community when a new iteration (copy and paste more like it) is released. They're just following the scent of money.

It's a shame that Treyarch doesn't work something out so PS3 and 360 users can't have access to some of the modding content that us PC users have (and will have with BLOPS when PCDev finally finishes and release our mod tools). There is some absolutely great community made zombie content out there for W@W.

If only Activision cared enough about the community to allow access to such content for the console communities, but they're more interested in keeping things even more closed up for you guys so you get burned out by the older CODs so you can't wait to buy the next one or the DLC :( .

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm probably in the minority here but I think releasing the maps slowly and one at a time keeps me intrigued. If they release like 4 maps at once I think it would water down the game. Half the fun of zombies is taking the time to get to know each map individually. I think people are just used to getting stuff RIGHT NOW , but I enjoy the anticipation of waiting for a new map and guessing what it may be. I think its also important that when they create these maps they take their time in creating and planning them out, making 4 at once would only rush the process and produce sub-par content.

Go easy on me, I realize this probably isn't a popular opinion but its mine.

Regards Alpha.

Yes you can. they patched it. All you need to do is go "Local", "Split Screen" then in game option select how many bots and difficulty level. You can play by yourself, dont need another for splitscreen