Question

carbonfibah

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya members only. Also can we do something to stop spam bots? Like a capcha or what ever its called..

ur dumb, i just registereded and i had to do one of the kaptchas so ur dumb

Be nice... But yes capthca's are already here. the "Bots" are actually humans.

Good for you do you want a trophy? :facepalm:

Sounds good.

But it could lead to people signing up to read one thing then never coming back, leaving you with a lot of inactive members to deal with?

That's the only negative thing I can think of.

But all the positives people have mentioned above me seem to outweigh that.

So I say: Go for it. :)

It depends, I know some people just browse these forums rarely to see whats going on in the zombie world, and then, after a while may sign up (thats what i did)

however if you do make it members only, it would make it less likely that people are going to sign up after seeing a post, flaming it and giving negative brains then terminate there membership

its a case of 2 halfs:

having the same members and the odd trickle of new ones from the members sharing this website with others

or

keeping it open and allow everyone to see and if they like it sign up.

I think we can guess what sperred this debate, but if someone REALLY wanted to get in this site all they'd have to do is make an account. So whoever is able to see this site wont matter, but in termes of getting more members for the betterment of this site, let's just go 'sam's club' on this and give them a viewing limit before they have to become a member. (If you can do that.)

:O did you get this idea from my post? hehe i feel special. even if you didnt, negh. But yes, i do think only members should be able to view, i remember on the old forums when it said i had to sign up, i was like "fine" just so i could see threads. God that was like 2 years ago

Oh and Carbon, you said you got rid of the -1 button, how come on some threads ive seen they still have them?

Is there a way only certain topics can be viewed as a guest? That would probably keep away anybody who wants to steal info, or spam an important topic.

Like if someone made a post, and if they felt it to be "valuable" information they could make a spoiler or something of the sort where it could only be accessed by members?

Is there a way only certain topics can be viewed as a guest? That would probably keep away anybody who wants to steal info, or spam an important topic.

Like if someone made a post, and if they felt it to be "valuable" information they could make a spoiler or something of the sort where it could only be accessed by members?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

The viewing a limited number of threads before registering is a good idea, I like that.

Yes it is. I think that too many people who just make an account to view the random tweets you have or to view a link one of us posts. the problem is once they activate an account, they'll most likely never go back onto again. And although it'll increase the number of total registered users, it could possibly lead to an abundance in inactive accounts, cluttering up space by just sitting there and not doing anything