'Call of the Dead' Storyline Discussion!

To keep a long question short and simple: Will 'Call of the Dead' have any reference to the original Storyline or simply be another gimmick, Five-esque Map?

IN MY OPINION, ever since Der Reise, Zombies has gone nowhere with regards to its original storyline, leaving all the questions of Area 51 and Dr Maxis behind. I believe this may have something to do the fact that Treyarch have created Black Ops Zombies with the majority of the community in mind aka those uneducated in the Zombie Storyline. Rather than continue with the storyline they have shoved a load of information on the Terminal for us fanatics to decipher. Although that in itself is a neat touch from 3arcs point of view, I am saddened at the poor context of the more recent maps including Kino, Ascension and most of all Five, a gimmick.

I am worried that with the original group (Dempsey and co.) sidelined & the group of actors involved: Robert Englund (aka Freddy Kruger), Danny Trejo (starred in 'Machete'), Sarah Michelle Gellar (aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Michael Rooker (??? Someone please enlighten me :?:) that this map to will be some sort of comedic-disaster, with no reference to the storyline, similar to Five. I am not by any means saying I won't enjoy such a map, and for all I know I could be 100% wrong but It just doesn't seem they will continue, and are simply looking to involve 'big names' in their big hit game making some sort of Zombie Blockbuster! :|

Please, this is just my opinion though!

I hope Treyarch prove me wrong 8-)

What do you all think?

Peace :mrgreen:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It better stick to the story!

But if it doesn't i guess i can live with it.

Oh and i think Five had little story elements in there

Right?

BYE BYE!!

Five for sure had story elements in it just most people couldn't get past the presidents so they just discount it as a spin off. If you look around there are zombie plot line evidence everywhere. FFS There's a picture of Richtophen in the PaP room. There's Dempsy/Roebuck clones in the lower levels. There's a Der Reise style teleporter in one of the lower rooms.

It better stick to the story!

But if it doesn't i guess i can live with it.

Oh and i think Five had little story elements in there

Right?

BYE BYE!!

Five for sure had story elements in it just most people couldn't get past the presidents so they just discount it as a spin off. If you look around there are zombie plot line evidence everywhere. FFS There's a picture of Richtophen in the PaP room. There's Dempsy/Roebuck clones in the lower levels. There's a Der Reise style teleporter in one of the lower rooms.

Woah! Slow down :lol:

I never discounted that..sure there are little links e.g. Pictures and a DR-style Teleporter, but you cannot argue that Five is the least contextually relevant map.

I have this weird idea, that is probably completly wrong, but it's a fun idea!

How about this is just a map of these four actors and the actress, filming a zombies movie in the arctic or a jungle, and the whole time you play, you are just acting out the movie in the way you would!

I'm probably way off though. :P

First off, Kino and Ascension DID have relevant things to the storyline, but not nearly as much as Der Riese or SNN did. The big Ascension easter egg probably being the biggest cliffhanger we've gotten recently.

But Kino just seems underrated in regards to the story. A lot of people (including myself) were expecting something along the lines of Area 51 as the next map for zombies, especially after confirming the gas zombies since they look a lot like alien zombie things. Anyways, the point being that Kino has the messages given from the two radios, and the film reels that all relate to a specific subject, explaining that they've made a breakthrough of a zombies subconcious and was beginning to follow orders. That definitely sounds relevant to Der Riese radios if you ask me. Other than that, I believe Kino is just yet another place they used for experiments.

[/epic-nerd]

ANYWAYS... haha sorry I kinda got off there fellas. I just hope they don't do some irrelevant spin off thing. Yeah, they had Five for a goofy Blops themed zombies map, and that's all. I wanna see what happens next with the story, and hope these characters are potentially other iconic characters mentioned throughout the story. :)

OKOKOK. I can see how I may have made abit of a sweeping statement.. :roll:

Five-Kino-Ascension all have links that connect them (VAGUELY) to storyline.

I suppose my point was that those maps didn't shed nearly as much light as SNN and DR. IN MY OPINION it just seems that the newer maps are slowly drifting from the original storyline.

Thats all :mrgreen:

Granted, they do seem to be dragging this one a bit with Ascension adding all these new inventions and characters in more than getting on with the initial plot thus far, however I believe Treyarch definitely has a purpose since they like to keep the Zombies stuff to themselves the most. They just love to make us think. :P

I have this weird idea, that is probably completly wrong, but it's a fun idea!

How about this is just a map of these four actors and the actress, filming a zombies movie in the arctic or a jungle, and the whole time you play, you are just acting out the movie in the way you would!

I'm probably way off though. :P

Man i would hate that!

Just saying!

BYE BYE!