Why is the name "Call of the Dead" so impossible?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if it is called "Aufruf der Toten"? (German for Call of the Dead)

Or "死者の呼出し"? (Japanese for Call of the Dead)

Or "Звонок умерших"? (Russian for Call of the Dead)

Okay... the second two are highly unlikely as most people can't read Russian and Japanese. But still...

I'm 99.9% sure the map is NOT called Survive and that it is Call of the Dead or some variation of that name.

im 100% sure its not call of the dead or any translation of it. Simple fact is, it doesnt really give a name, just an indication onto the fact that there is a zombie map...

so i believe it will be something totally different from what is on the poster, since its really only saying that can you play zombies? -_-

I'm 99.9% sure the map is NOT called Survive and that it is Call of the Dead or some variation of that name.

im 100% sure its not call of the dead or any translation of it. Simple fact is, it doesnt really give a name, just an indication onto the fact that there is a zombie map...

so i believe it will be something totally different from what is on the poster, since its really only saying that can you play zombies? -_-

Call Of The Dead, Tricking Noobs Since Poster Release!

(batteries not included)

What if it is called "Aufruf der Toten"? (German for Call of the Dead)

Or "死者の呼出し"? (Japanese for Call of the Dead)

Or "Звонок умерших"? (Russian for Call of the Dead)

Okay... the second two are highly unlikely as most people can't read Russian and Japanese. But still...

I'm pretty sure that Звонок means phone call

btw, OMGWTFFUSSR how the hell did you get that sig?!!

If there's Theater of the Dead, Night of the Undead... why not Call of the Dead? Sounds perfect to me.

i think its gonna be called oh "shit here come loads of zombies", translation please.... :)

english- shit here come loads of zombies

german- Scheibe kommen werden viele Zombies.

v3rhQc666Sg

Thanks from making me laugh, now do this: :lol:

"Fuck, thats a shitload of zombies"

I made a post about this.

Until we know the SETTING for the zombie map, we CAN'T assume the name is Survive OR Call of the Dead.

Call of the Dead would only be possible if the setting were at a Communications Array of some sort.

BUT

We don't know the setting of the map, so we can't say that it IS Call of the Dead.

And as far as Survival goes *prepares for self facepalm*...no, no, here, just go to my post, it explains my theories:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9461

Even if we knew where I don't think we can guess...

If we knew Ascension was in a Russian Cosmodrome would we have guessed its name, I doubt it...

I think Zombies now has much more of a cult following, and with this in mind I that Treyarc/Activision would want to keep up the suspense until the teaser trailer is released.

The first strike teaser trailer didn't even show us Ascension it just mentioned it, so it could well be a while before we know any solid details on this map.

i think its gonna be called oh "shit here come loads of zombies", translation please.... :)

english- shit here come loads of zombies

german- Scheibe kommen werden viele Zombies.

v3rhQc666Sg

Thanks from making me laugh, now do this: :lol:

"Fuck, thats a shitload of zombies"

english- Fuck, thats a shitload of zombies

german- Fuck, das ist eine Unmenge von Zombies

"For Zombies fans, 'Escalation' features a unique Zombies experience. We can't wait to take the wraps off of our new Zombies map, Call of the Dead, a very special creation for all Zombies fans."

There happy? got it off callofduty.com. It's interesting how all the multiplayer maps are named after the bolded words and how the zombies on is the opposite, maybe it helps to distinguish? But if this is the case why not just make the zombies map the largest picture, I may speak for many people when I say that I only buy the DLCs just for the Zombie maps. To be honest, I don't like the title, but it doesn't bother me, as long as the gameplay is amazing I'm satisfied; how many people out there actually buy the DLC just to complain to Treyarch about the names? "uhh I think that it should be called: 'penisland' instead." Let's just drop the name arguments and start thinking about what they mean about "a very special creation for all Zombies fans." Attachment box? Several pack-a-punches? Pack-a-punched melee weapons? More perks? Return of Double Tap? New wonderweapons? Play as CHUCK NORRIS?! Just some of the many things that players want.

Have a good one.