The Name Of The New Map

Yes, this is specifically a thread for the name of the map.

People seem to wanna assume it's either:

SURVIVE

or

CALL OF THE DEAD

I'd like to dig deeper into these.

CALL OF THE DEAD

This title for a map is very iffy. At first, when I heard it, it honestly sounds its own game.

However, there is a possibility that this could be the title of the map, if it takes place in a particular location.

That location being?

*drum roll*

A Communications Array of some sort.

This conclusion can be drawn from people's assumptions of the artwork pic being somewhat “icy” and being able to see a face reflected in the picture.

Can we really tell much else based on just THIS pic?

No. So it’s a 50/50 chance at best that CALL OF THE DEAD is the title.

However, I’d also like to point out the idea that the grayish blocks on the artwork are possibly hiding the important parts of the maps.

IF this theory rings true, then CALL OF THE DEAD may not even be the full title, or even THE title. The possibilities now stem to DEAD (whatever’s under the tape), so the chances of CALL OF THE DEAD being the title are even slimmer now.

SURVIVE

*ahem*

WHY WOULD THE TITLE OF THE NEXT MAP BE THE OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE ZOMBIE MODE?!?!

The artwork on the poster seems to have been misinterpreted by people who think SURVIVE is the name of the next map.

If you look at the other parts of the artwork and just use common sense, you’d realize the pattern in the artwork (Pay attention to the BLACK letters in these pics, if you can):

SURVIVE Call of the Dead _________

SECURE The __________ Convoy

SEIZE The _______ Zoo

TAKE The ________ Hotel

RAID The __________ Stockpile

If the SURVIVE were part of the name, then the rest of the maps would be named TAKE, RAID, SEIZE, and SECURE.

Not exactly map names now, are they?

The SURVIVE ties in with TAKE, RAID, SEIZE and SECURE because they’re TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO ON EACH MAP, not giving you the names flat out.

So that, in turn, should knock the theory of SURVIVE being the title of the next Zombie Map right out the window.

Now that I’m done ranting, feel free to discuss the name/location/whatever else of the next Zombie Map in the pack, eh?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definently thinking ahead of yourself SiN.

Knowing Treyarch, there will be an easter egg or two or five on the new Zombie Map, but this poster doesn't have anything to do with it.

The whole SURVIVE, TAKE, SEIZE, etc, is simply Treyarch's way of saying PLAY THESE MAPS.

Get it?

PLAY the ____ Hotel

PLAY Call of the Dead ______

PLAY the ________ Convoy

Survive Call of the Dead partially favors my theory.

I'm not saying the map's definently going to be called Call of the Dead, like I said, maybe it's Dead (Whatever's Under The Tape).

I'm simply trying to nix the theory of Survive being the map name, and prove a bit more unlikelyness to Call of the Dead being the map name.

Call of the Dead _________

SECURE The __________ Convoy

SEIZE The _______ Zoo

TAKE The ________ Hotel

RAID The __________ Stockpile

The SURVIVE ties in with TAKE,RAID,SEIZE and SECURE because they’re TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO ON EACH MAP, not giving you the names flat out.

So that, in turn, should knock the theory of SURVIVE being the title of the next Zombie Map right out the window.

Well dude, most people think that the map is survive because it's in big letters, just like the other map names.

The ones who think it's call of the dead is because.........well........ I Don't Know. :oops:

@Phazer

Survive by itself is a horrid name.

If it were SurvivAL of _______, it would make more sense and I wouldn't be so against the name.

@Optic

That was the point of my post.

There's obviously a common pattern in the promo poster.

When you load up the Map Pack 2 Content, what would you wanna promote people to do?

SEIZE the Zoo with your friends.

RAID the convoy with your friends.

SURVIVE Call of the Dead with your friends.

AKA, PLAY ____________________ with your friends.

Survive has nothing to do with the title if we're judging on the promotional art. Hell i'd bet that Zoo, Hotel, Stockpile and Convoy may not even be the names of the MP maps.

The names of the maps are whats under the 'tape'.

it should be really obvious to you guys.

cmon. look at all the posters and use common sense.

they are going to call a zoo map- The Zoo, instead its going to be whatever is under the tape.

im guessing they will release the map names within the next couple weeks.

I don't think it's a snow map.I just think the hand is on a dirty wall or something. If it were ice, perspiration would make the area near the hand look wet,and we all know Treyarch loves their details.

Could have been a glove.

But i think that the "tape" is there for effects, not to cover something up, but i cant be certain. Survive sounds like a better map name that call of the dead. It just doesnt have that good ring to it. We will all know soon, as May 3rd is less than 1 month away, and Treyarch usually release a trailer 1 or 2 weeks earlier

The names of the maps are whats under the 'tape'.

it should be really obvious to you guys.

cmon. look at all the posters and use common sense.

they are going to call a zoo map- The Zoo, instead its going to be whatever is under the tape.

im guessing they will release the map names within the next couple weeks.

I agree. Seize the zoo, Take the hotel, Secure the convoy, Raid the stockpile, and Survive the call of the dead are all just brief descriptions of what to expect in the map and the real names are under the tape.

I wouldn't jump straight on the Tape either.

Someone pointed out, the "tape" design was also used in the First Strike design.

So for all we know, this poster could really just be telling us the basic details. It would sound a little like this:

"So, the next map pack's on the way. You're getting a new Zombie Map, a Hotel, a Zoo, a Convoy and a Stockpile as part of the pack. It comes out May 3rd. Enjoy."

I really dont think there is anything under the tape but if there were.

Seize the fucking Zoo!

Take the fucking Hotel

Secure the fucking Convoy

Raid the fucking Stockpile

Thats what i'd be shouting if i was playing them. But Survive call of the dead...... it sounds like a hint to a new spin off of a zombie franchise 'call of the dead' dont you think? someone should dig into domain names recently purchased thst could fit the part.

'Zombies experience like none before it'

"And I don't want to spoil any surprises for Zombies fans, but Call of the Dead takes it to a whole new level." (i think this implies the name is actually called Call Of The Dead)

God damn press releases know how to keep us on the edge of our seats! If they're willing to give details to multiplayer content and not zombies why make us pay full price if we only want the zmobie map?

Been confirmed to be "Call of the dead" in an activision press release. http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=568165

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHY!!!! worlds worst name for a zombie map EVAR