Who's getting bored with FPS games?

Hanz_123

I'm really bored with some fps games like black ops(not zOmbies) mw2 bc2 moh. To me they seem like when you get to 1 point in those games they get boring.

I really don't want to by crysis 2 or home front cuz they look too much like regular fps games and don't seem to have a new formula.

Who else agrees?

And I really don't want to wait till November for bc3 and cod8 cuz that's too long.

But if homefront and crysis 2 are good can you tell why and how.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally every person who told me about homefront has said bad things. I hear nothing but good about crysis 2. It's like they took good stuff from halo good stuff from CoD and mixed them then added the nano suit. If you never played it before I believe xbox still has a multi player demo on the dashboard.

I personally haven't played homefront but I did play the full game of crysis 2 and was pretty happy with it. If I had the extra money right now I would buy it.

I completely agree!

I'm fed up with shooter after shooter... I mean seriously, I don't mind a game that involves shooting but in the past 6 months I've seen next-to-no games that don't use shooting as the key element. This is why I'm looking forward to Uncharted 3, and why I looked forward to LBP2. To be honest these FPS games are all the same thing, and I get so bored of them :|

And, I'm not trying to start a console war here, I'm just asking a question. On the 360, do you have any amazing games that aren't shooters or sports games (not including Kinect games)? Once again, not bashing I just rarely hear of 360 games without shooting or sports :?: :?: :?:

Yeah, if people start responding angrily and start a war, I might just delete my comment... see if anyone takes you seriously when it looks like you're arguing with yourself... muahahahaha :twisted:

I agree, i'm finding FPS games to become a bit boring and all too linear. But i would say if you are wanting to choose between crysis 2 or homefront, buy crysis 2. Maybe not now, it may be a good idea to wait until there is a price drop.

While crysis has the same standard FPS format, there are a few things that make it stand out and feel refreshing. Instead of being given one path to do a mission/objective, you can choose whether to be stealthy, go all out or flank them and be tatical. Plus the nano-suit and it's features are a nice addition to the game, giving you more freedom. The only downside would be is that multiplayer is a little stressful at times, it's not so much about skill, but rather who is the higher level and has the better equipment.#

Just my thoughts :)

Well i am beginning to get board of these types of games

planning to get the NGP, BF3 AND U3 those are epic, but i will never get board of zombies, just my thing yo? 8-)

anyway, what would make it less boring is if they added SINGLE PLAYER content in the map packs, i mean, they secertly hid a file showing woods is alive, and that trhought cracking and other things, reznov is alive.

Y U NO GIVE US SP DLC?!!?!?!?!??!?!?!

i agree it is getting boring even zombies is its just too repetitive. especially when you get to high rounds and then get that g spawn error just cannot be bothered and end up turning it off.

what games is everyone looking forward to getting?

i think that dead island game looks good and la noire.somebody mentioned the new mgs game but i do not think it will be the same without snake in it. i plan on getting nfs hot pursuit most multiplayer driving games are fun

Play any genre of game enough and it gets boring. That's why you have to have a good mix. It's like rotating crops for farming. If you only use one crop, you're going to kill the nutrients in the field. That's why I've got stuff like Rock Band, Uncharted, Call of Duty, NCAA Football, and LittleBigPlanet. That's a ton of different genres that can entertain me when I get bored of a different one.

I agree, when i get bored of FPS I go on either Red Dead Redemption ( I know, another shooter but it is an immense game with an intricate story line) or completely the opposite end by going on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Most of my games are FPS but I find that they have a certain thrill all of there own, like your up-close and personal to the person you kill, even if he is half the world away...

Still, back on what the forum was first created about: I would choose homefront, it makes a nice change fighting against someone other than the russians, afghans or germans it sounds like a breath of fresh air, and you shouldn't go on what other people tell you, you have to give it a go for yourself, then give an opinion of it.

Still my favourite type of game :), but to be honest, it's the only type of game i'm really into. I did have Fable III, but i'm really not into fantasy games. I also had the Forza games, but get bored of them every so often.

The only thing i don't like about the COD series is that the IW made games don't have long enough campaigns, although the Treyarch ones were the right sort of length, BO was still slightly short, but WAW was a really good length.

So no, i'm not too bored of FPS games, yet.