der riese and kino are linked NEW FIND

hi guys and gals,

right i dont wanna get shot down for this cos of the whole abanded theatre thing that everyone sticks to but i believe after a bit of research that kino may have been used for something slightly worse than performing on stage.

if anyone has read the post kino der toten is not 1960s that was also by me however that is still up for debate this post however is a questionable theory okay so bare that in mind...

so i will now list a variety of things that make me believe kino was not a comercial theatre

...the nazi flags everywhere.

...the pictures of group 935.

...the turret guns seem to be in place for an escape from the stage.

...the podium on which the turret gun is placed in the theatre.

...the actual setup of the theatre strikes me as odd as the boxes are located at the rear of the auditorium where there is normally a balcony rather than down the sides.

...a few destroyed chairs left in the rubble appear to have shackles or straps on the arms. not all

...my best piece of evidence raises many questions and answers very few.

WHEN I SAID EARLIER BARE WITH ME I HOPE YOU ARE STILL HERE. cos now it gets interseting

i cant get the picture into this post however i can easily explain where you will find it. from the main menu>der riese>bulletin boards. easy enough.

now scroll to the second picture where you shoud see four little pictures on a cork board.

the one closest to the top is slightly right of the centre and this is what i want you to look at.

now to keep you guys in suspense i will not divulge to you anything about this picture.

but when you do go you will realise that as der riese is set just after WW2 then this picture seems out of place.

my theory is that kino der toten was actually a brainwashing facility where the re-animated corpses where strapped to chairs and made to watch nazi propaganda or teletubbies or something to make them behave the way the nazis wanted them too.

but as always when you deal with living dead it went tits up. not sure what happened maybe one got loose and the others snapped out of there trance and follwed this pied piper of the flesh craving dead. whatever happened it happened. more than likely though sam had something to do with it well anyhow these zombies cause havoc wrecked everthing the turret guns were activated as Dr's fled the stage. people running everwhere.

at this point we digress to another theory

gas zombies- i believe that these zombies were a backup plan for the events i am describing they were HYENAS NON LITERAL SO STOP YOUR POSTS AND GET ON TOPIC with a dormant form of nova 6 in them waiting with element 115 to re-animate these crawlers (electronically activated) explaining there presence after power activation. now as we know HYENAS often prey on other predators kills. in other words eat the dead. the scientisis thought they could release these zombies if ever the dead tried to attack and there primal prey would be the zombies. again however something went wrong the dead hyenas no longer wanted to eat the dead. that would destroy there kind as they would eliminate themselves. no they craved the living and joined the hunt for humans. humans reached the lobby and had left messages to any future investigators to warn them. and in the presence of element 115 the zombies are still animated so cannot leave the theatre.

any way the picture was the main thing so head on over to carbonfibah's post and see for yourself.

guys please feel free to debunk my theory. as all we have are theories to link with other theories until we have a giant theory without any condescending shizzle.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the nova 6 zombies were people who they killed with nova gas and it destroyed their eyes and killed them, that why gas crawlers dont have eyes. I dont know why they have huge teeth and stuff though. Im pretty sure their not monkeys though and every random game I get in people are like watch out for the gas monkeys.

I think the nova 6 zombies were people who they killed with nova gas and it destroyed their eyes and killed them, that why gas crawlers dont have eyes. I dont know why they have huge teeth and stuff though. Im pretty sure their not monkeys though and every random game I get in people are like watch out for the gas monkeys.

and quoting the guy above by the way...

... you got me lol i meant to say LIKE hyenas in the way they act hunting the dead and all that jazz not literally hyenas... my bad.

one thing that makes me think this is in 1960-1970 is that tower outside of the map is a famous tower that overlooked the berlin wall, ~(which is also viewable in the map berlin wall)

and we all know the berlin wall was put up at the late 1950's and the tower was up by the early 1960's

I don't think the Gas Zombies are hyenas. Hyenas have hoofs, and are pig-like. Also, the Gas Zombies have some cloathing at thier waist, so I think they are probably mutated Zombies from Nova-6.

Jesus guy? Hyena's have hoofs? wtf world are you from... LOL

a Hyena does not have hooves LOL... I just don't know where to go with this, with you...

Google hyena and look at pics maybe? LOL... LOL!!!!

I'm just saying, that I'm pretty sure this took place in the 60's because when you first spawn in Kino, turn left and you'll see a window. Look really hard and you'll see a 60's Volkswagen (the Hippy-Mobile :lol: ).

Now, on-topic:As you may have heard Kino was "Supposed" to be in Map Pack 4 on W@W. I think that the theater was....

1) A brainwashing facility for Nazi Propaganda

2) The Movie theater used for Nation's Pride (Inglorious Bastards pun :lol: )

3) Maybe the podium was used by major German officers (Hitler, Himmler, etc.) to show the "glory" of Nazism/Fascism.

4) A secondary "Reichstag" in case of breakthrough but was abandoned

5) Samantha's house-there is a room in the map with Samantha's room!

Kino Der Toten means "Theater of the Dead" by the way!

I think Nazi scientists used this location to test illegal weapons of war on human beings but it terribly went wrong making gas crawlers. Tell me what you think!

I'm just saying, that I'm pretty sure this took place in the 60's because when you first spawn in Kino, turn left and you'll see a window. Look really hard and you'll see a 60's Volkswagen (the Hippy-Mobile :lol: ).

Now, on-topic:As you may have heard Kino was "Supposed" to be in Map Pack 4 on W@W. I think that the theater was....

1) A brainwashing facility for Nazi Propaganda

2) The Movie theater used for Nation's Pride (Inglorious Bastards pun :lol: )

3) Maybe the podium was used by major German officers (Hitler, Himmler, etc.) to show the "glory" of Nazism/Fascism.

4) A secondary "Reichstag" in case of breakthrough but was abandoned

5) Samantha's house-there is a room in the map with Samantha's room!

Kino Der Toten means "Theater of the Dead" by the way!

I think Nazi scientists used this location to test illegal weapons of war on human beings but it terribly went wrong making gas crawlers. Tell me what you think!

i think you are along the same lines as me.

off point as i lived in germany for many years in this context it is damned not dead however this are two similar words meaning very much the same. also richtofen kinda says theatre of the damned at the loading screen

Okay, we all know it's set in Berlin but one thing people still don't get is the date. The tower and the hippy wagon are two good indicators, and I read somewhere that the angle from which you can see the tower indicates you're on the Russian side. People said this wouldn't make sense as the theater is full of Nazi flags and shit that a bunch of pissed off Soviets would never allow to go unburned.

But #1, and this more than anything lines up with the OP's theory, is that if any of the guards or scientists escaped and ended up in Russian custody, they were either panicking and babbling about zombies, or were able to convincingly lie about a chemical or radiological leak, and therefore the Russians would have put up massive cordons and blockaded the area off, effectively sealing in the zombies. The cordon stays up for decades. And #2, there was a paper on the floor in Kino, somewhere, dated January 23, 1975. So the cordon was there for 30 years, with the zombies just sitting around moldering and stewing in their own rot, when suddenly four badass motherfuckers instantly materialize out of thin air - Tank, Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen. Richtofen does a bit of putzing around in the place and records his findings. Then as everyone starts grabbing guns and going to turn on the decades-dormant power generator, a bunch of long dead Waffen SS troopers begin to lurch in their general direction...

You see, this is a LOT better than my original theory.

...and then just after it seems like everyone's about to get killed by zombies they wake up in Baikonur a year before the Soyuz launches from Launch and Executive Order, already familiar with Cold War era weapons but NOW able to remember things like Facebook. Meanwhile, in the Pentagon...

Man, I just can't wait for the next zombie map and finding out just what exactly Danny Trejo has to do with zombies.

I think the Overload was by accident, I don't think Richtofen even knew of Kino at the time. If you remembered what he said in the loading Screen "How Many Stations does this Group have." Its a solid clue to base my theory.

Second, its true that Kino was to be Map Pack Four, I'm sure it would have the Weapons from Black Ops or the who notion of Time Travel. But this does create a Plot Element to bring the Four from the 40's to the 60's without having to create a whole new team.

However the Theater was explained by the Messages from the Film Reel's and Richtofen. The Site was to be used to Experiment with "Subliminal Messages." The Zombies were to Watch the Images on the Screen in the hopes it would make them Controllable. Apparently it didn't. I think the Outbreak that happened here was before Der Riese.

The Crawlers were humans, not animals.

One of the characters actually proves this theory. I think it was Tank, but as I was playing as Tank he said something about "Hard to believe these things used to be human!" or something like that.

And i'm not too sure that Kino happened before Der Riese. It wouldn't make much sense, the Zombies wouldn't even exist without all the work Dr. Maxis and Dr. Richtofan did.

Yep, i agree that those canisters housed the experimental Nova6 Crawlers... it just makes sence- although i can't explain why the faces in the canisters look like monkeys.... maybe they were the first test experiments? maybe these experiments failed? (they still seem to have eyes) so maybe that's why they moved to humans.... idk just a guess

I've heard rumors it's possible to teleport from der-reise to Kino... tho i don't necessarially believe them-

& the teleporter at der-reise was overloaded by being shot with a wunderwaffe, *(Richtoffin mentions this upon arriving at Shi-No-Numa) and supposedly this is the reason there's no wunderwaffe in any semi-current maps? but idk about this-

Kino is just sooo interesting to me- & idk y... there's so much of the story line here, & we only know a fraction of it.. does anyone else honestly believe there's more easter eggs than just the song & movie reels??? cuz i do :D

I don't think the Gas Zombies are hyenas. Hyenas have hoofs, and are pig-like. Also, the Gas Zombies have some cloathing at thier waist, so I think they are probably mutated Zombies from Nova-6.

Jesus guy? Hyena's have hoofs? wtf world are you from... LOL

a Hyena does not have hooves LOL... I just don't know where to go with this, with you...

Google hyena and look at pics maybe? LOL... LOL!!!!

Wow. Sorry for my complete stupidity everyone! I was thiking of javelina, not hyena. Hey, ducks have pretty small brains!