Treatment of new members

So as a new member of these forums I would like to say a few things.

There are some hard working people on this site and I am really grateful for everything they have done on here and the cool zombies info they provide. And in general the people here are much more intelligent and mature that most other places like CoD forums.

However, I have been nothing but flamed by older / high posting members of this community when they have zero idea of what they are talking about. I'm not saying I know more than ANYONE about zombies but I do a LOT of research and trail and error doing my own experiments and I damn sure look around and make sure I really believe what I'm posting to be new and true information.

My thread on gersch devices (which community members gave my positive brains for) was flooded with people randomly posting MM EGG crap, flaming me for the MM EGG when my post never at any point had ANYTHING to do with the damn egg.

Then in another post when I correct a senior member I am responded to by being calling an "ignorant person" when they in fact were completely wrong when it came to what they were talking about. I mean who the hell doesn't know you can NoClip on Xbox and ps3?

I guess my point is new members should be treated just like anyone who has been here a year or made a thousand posts. I would love to be a very active member (if you check my stats I am) and help move this site forward, I would just like to not be flamed by other members at every turn while doing so. I'm not asking everyone to be polite all the time with smiles, just don't give people shit if there is no reason...

*edit*

and your senior members love to give negative brains for no reason. Which is funny it is tolerated after so many posts asking people not to.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about people like that... I had the same when I first started, but about 90% of the community will give you respect no matter what you post... I've only been here 6 months or so, and I haven't made thousands of posts, but I have done enough to realise that no matter what you post, there will still be the immature people that say everything that you say is wrong, or that they no more than you, you just need to ignore them andf listen to the people who actually give you constructive feedback

(sorry if I sounded like a school teacher then xD)

i saw that noclip issue, the poster was probably irritated that he was proved wrong by a new user, and retaliated by trying to sound 'higher-then-thou'. Well, most people saw through that, incuding you and a few vet members (including me ;) ) and tried to straighten any misunderstandings out.

Sometimes all it comes down to is some miscommunication that got lost in the translation to text, sort of like how its very hard to infer sarcasm in a post :lol: . then again, who knows, maybe the dude was just having a bad day, you can never be sure, so best not to be too hard on them, (although i know i've been on the oposite side of this more then once haha)

Yeah, there are a couple of jerks on CoDz, but there are also many people willing to help, like Triix, Bob, MrRoflWaflles, Phillips, Cj, Carbon, UndeadWolfy, Alphasnake, yours truly ;) and so many more (these were just the ones i remember off the top of my head, I know there are many others out there, so I'm sorry if I forgot your name :()

Try not to take what vet members say too seriously. People think just because they're at a pc they can get away with stuff. But they soon realize that it's hardly ever that case. Never take what some says too personally. Something call centres have taught is "Never take what an irate customer is saying personal. They are not mad at you. They are mad at the situation."

But welcome and I hope I can be of help one day. Remember, everyone was new at one point in time and know what you're going through ;)

The only reason these people are flaming you is because they are insulted by your higher intelligence. lol

Seriously though, just keep posting what you believe to be right, and anyone with any sense will research first and spam you later (though I hope not).

Everyone has to put up with flamers and spammers at some point, so just ride it out and hope they realise how they're not getting applause from the rest of us.

Spammers etc. make up only about 15% of CoDz population, and this is unstoppable. With fame comes users, and with users come undesirables. This is a fact of the internet, and one we all need to be aware of, as well as actively combatting against.

Good luck anyways! ;)

I agree with both the OP and what Carbon agreed with... We need to find the middle ground...

I always try to gently correct CoDz noobies... Nice be gets Nice as my Nana used to say (RIP).

Treat people with a little respect & dignity can create wunder ;) full friendships...

Why hate? There is not enough love in this world...

CODZ perpare to unite... All will be revealed in time... 8-)

Regards Alpha13Snake...

Oh, and GOaheadRAGEQUIT, keep your chin up son... ;) Alpha likes your posts, we have been watching... :twisted:

Oh, and GOaheadRAGEQUIT, keep your chin up son... ;) Alpha likes your posts, we have been watching... :twisted:

Clearly, what Alpha is trying to say here, is that he wants to have your babies. WITHOUT DELAY. BABY. NOW. :twisted:

/me chants

Baby

Baby

Baby

~oh~

Baby

Baby

Baby

Baby

Baby

Baby

okay okay. I'm done. =D

:facepalm: thou shall not speak of him (dont you dare say who you know who im talking about

Clearly, what Alpha is trying to say here, is that he wants to have your babies. WITHOUT DELAY. BABY. NOW. :twisted:

/me chants

Baby

Baby

Baby

~oh~

Baby

Baby

Baby

Baby

Baby

Baby

okay okay. I'm done. =D