Zombies only Call of Duty game?

I don't doubt there's people out there that either bought Blops or purchased XBL just for zombies. So in the very least, I think Treyarch would be smart to sell a zombies stand alone game with all the maps included, and all the weapons from blops and WaW. Similar to how you can purchase the Undead Nightmare pack that is available for Red Dead Redemption as a separate game.

It's popular enough that people who enjoy zombies and don't have all the maps (like the classic map on Blops for example) could just by a stand alone game with every single map in one.

Also, this would be a stretch, I know, but it would be cool if Treyarch also posted "challenges" for everyone to buy and attempt to complete for zombies. Just like purchasing contracts in Multiplayer. And you could gain XP based on the amounts of rounds you survived, downs, headshots, etc. Just for kicks. :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I don't doubt there's people out there that either bought Blops or purchased XBL just for zombies. So in the very least, I think Treyarch would be smart to sell a zombies stand alone game with all the maps included, and all the weapons from blops and WaW. Similar to how you can purchase the Undead Nightmare pack that is available for Red Dead Redemption as a separate game.

It's popular enough that people who enjoy zombies and don't have all the maps (like the classic map on Blops for example) could just by a stand alone game with every single map in one.

Also, this would be a stretch, I know, but it would be cool if Treyarch also posted "challenges" for everyone to buy and attempt to complete for zombies. Just like purchasing contracts in Multiplayer. And you could gain XP based on the amounts of rounds you survived, downs, headshots, etc. Just for kicks. :)

I don't mean to sound mean, but this idea has already been posted (the exp idea). If you could read the thread next time, it'd be great (again, not trying to sound mean, no hard feelings :D)

ALSO

@AlphaSnake: Nice thread, you're ideas are pretty awesome lol. Those locations would be awesome ideas for future maps.

• 11 months later...

I just searched this on google and found this because I've been thinking the same thing. You have alot of good idea's but some of it I wouldn't recommend. For example, the maps. Nobody wants to pay 60$ for maps they already own on a different game. It would get boring really fast. And alot of people play zombies for the leaderboards, so they can strive to get higher and higher. If you had all these different game variants it would be really hard to make leaderboards for all of it ya know? The "more than 4 players" idea is good in theory, but then again the maps would have to be huge to support that. And think if you're playing two people on a 8 player map, imagina how much room you would have and it's be too easy.

I was thinking they should do something like survival mode in MW3.

First of all you should have a combat record of how many zombie games you've played, how many kills you've had total, which gun you use the most and stuff. And they should make it KIND of similar to multiplayer. So you can rank up and unlock new guns and stuff, but I don't think you should be able to create classes. I think you should be able to change your starring pistol and maybe grenades. There should also be more perks with a different perk limit. Maybe one where you earn more money for headshots, reduced wall ammo prices, etc. Then again they would make it like they do with cod points in MP. Make it where you earn COD points each game and you can buy camp for your guns, use it to purchase different starter pistols, to buy maps that come WITH the game. Like you can't unlock it until you earn a certain amount of COD points and purchase it. Der Riese 31:Ascension 26:COTD 38: Moon 41: PSN: I-_-i2ecoiil-_-I

First off, I would not have a campaign. I think Treyarch should continue their way of telling the story through the easter eggs and whatnot in the maps. I think a campaign wouldn't be good, but some people may disagree.

The only reason I would like the campaign is to retell the stories since the times at Shi No Numa. Then perhaps, the campaign could have little easter eggs in them (like the intel/documents in Black Ops), and could reveal information that leads deeper into the storyline.

I think it would be neat if it had flashbacks to the maps since WaW, and what Treyarch could do (if they plot it cleverly) is add little details we've never seen to enhance the story.

Everything else I agree with.

• 2 months later...

A Call of Duty release that is entirely Zombies? I would be in love! When it comes down to Call of Duty, most of my gameplay hours are spent on Zombies. Sure, I try to play through the campaign once or twice and I may do a few online matches but I much prefer Zombies, rather it be online, split-screen with a friend, or solo.

For the sake of keeping this post simple, I'll just call this game "Call of Duty: Zombies".

If they were to create COD: Zombies, I would prefer it not have a campaign mode. I'd much rather have a game that just includes a bunch of maps, in which include easter-eggs that tell the story (how they've been doing it previously). I believe Black Ops has 10 maps in total now, so I would like if COD: Zombies included around 16 maps.

Here's a breakdown of my thoughts of included maps:

1. 6 Map Remakes

2. 2 Huge Maps (Designed for 8-Players?)

3. 8 New Maps

The map remakes wouldn't have to have added content, and could just be imported directly from Black Ops. My favorite maps from Black Ops would have to be Kino Der Toten and Moon, so I would love to see those included.

As for some map ideas I've had: I've always thought an airport level would be cool and maybe a destroyed mall map 'cause what's zombies without being in a mall?!