Play the film reels in order?

So there are 3 film reels right?

If you pick up a reel in say the interrogation room/ dentist office when you teleport, is that reel always "reel A"? Is the reel in Sam's room always "reel B"?

If so, we might be able to work on collecting all 3 before trying to play them on the projector and try the 6 possible arrangements to play the films.

A-B-C

A-C-B

B-A-C

B-C-A

C-A-B

C-B-A

If the note we've found is trying to suggest Aether Projection 1st, can we determine which room carries the Aether clip and is it always the same one or do we just have to obtain all 3 without knowing which is which and hope we've played them in the correct order to trigger something new?

Additionally, does anyone already know their way around the 3 clips to the extent that they can point out discernible differences in the footage so that we can attribute reels to labels A, B and C?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a couple of rumours as to the purpose of the reels;

1) That you need 4 players... 3 of you collect reels (only 3 anyway)

Those with the reels teleport up

Put the reels in the projctor (at the same time)

the other guy then teleports up and finds the fourth reel

upon putting it in the projector enables a hidden stair case to enable visiting the room at any time

Like I said it's a rumor, I've searched for it online and can't find it anywhere, and the person that mentioned it to me hasn't actually done it either.

2) They just slow the zombies down... tbh don't know don't care... just get in my loop so I can shoot you down faster :)

I've heard a couple of rumours as to the purpose of the reels;

1) That you need 4 players... 3 of you collect reels (only 3 anyway)

Those with the reels teleport up

Put the reels in the projctor (at the same time)

the other guy then teleports up and finds the fourth reel

upon putting it in the projector enables a hidden stair case to enable visiting the room at any time

Like I said it's a rumor, I've searched for it online and can't find it anywhere, and the person that mentioned it to me hasn't actually done it either.

2) They just slow the zombies down... tbh don't know don't care... just get in my loop so I can shoot you down faster :)

Most likely will remain a rumor too. Unless I'm reading it wrong, how would the fourth guy teleport up to find the 4th reel if the teleporter has already been used? It has to cool down unless you mean after it's been linked back up that the 4th guy maybe goes by himself and gets the 4th reel? Regardless, maybe there is a certain order that you play them in. It's worth a shot anyways, most anything else seems to be a deadend. But I'd say that is a false rumor, but way to go on thinking outside the box though.

I know there is a shelf of reels or something like that when you go to the PaP room to the right of the projecter against the wall. Maybe you pick it up off that shelf after you've used the 3 reels, possibly in a certain order or just after you've played them in whatever order. That's probably a big longshot but just brainstorming on it. Has anyone tried interacting in some way with that? I'm probably off but no harm in trying.

No your quite right he would have to wait for it to cool down and re link etc, figured people would get it lol.

Not been able to find players who work together and listen to instruction so not been able to test it myself yet.

not convinced it will do anything, nor putting them in, in order either... If so, why do we get them on solo?

Yeah, there's gotta be a way of doing it solo if it's able to be done. Otherwise, you're right, why would they even build the reels in. And the order most likely don't matter either, though if it hasn't been tried then maybe it's worth a shot. It'd be hard to have them in a certain order, especially if what would be Reel A appeared in say the dentist looking room one time and then bloody Sam's room the next as physically they all look the same. But probably worth exploring anyways, if for anything to rule it out. I'll see what I can do with it as I do solo a lot.

• 2 weeks later...