gersch device, noticed something new maybe...

So I was playing solo today and the first thing I got from the box was gersch device. I had not turned the power on and threw one just to see what happens. It brings color back to the enitre map just like the power is on while its out.

My friend had the idea of buying a perk and I tryed but sadly it still says power needs to be on. Just wondering if anyone else has played with these while the power is off or if anyone thinks there could be some significance to this or anything that can come from it or just the way the map lights from shading when the device is release etc...

thanks for the input sorry if this has been covered but searched and didn't find any post about it.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find. Strange that a black hole or singularity that in reality would actually suck in all availible light ( wavelengths) works the opposite way in the game. I dont usualy hit the box before turning on the power, maybe there is something in that.

I mean to say they put the first box spawn right next to the power switch, I guess most players or a large percentage would turn the power on while they are there without even thinking twice about it.

I played with it more last night.

When I throw by flopper it lights and colors the whole map but if I throw by stam-up it does almost nothing. I really don't know what to make of it.

my main goal is to try and figure out if there is any possible way to use it to temp power everything. Why? Cause if this was able to be done you could purchase perks w/o having monkey rounds (Yes in exchange for no landers) The only reason I believe this MIGHT be able to happen at all is because of the fact you can buy quick revive on solo w/o power and monkeys will NOT come if you don't turn the power on... so moneys come because of power and perks not just because you have a perk.

Will post more if I can find anything of interest. Also if anyone has a capture card or something and would like to record and document this I'm down just send me a msg GT: GOaheadRAGEQUIT

Sorry to bring something else up, but with the Gersch Device, has anyone spoken about the fact that numbers/letters shoot out of it when used, similar to the teleports on 'Five'?

Could the Americans and Russians shared technology? Or is there more behind the story.

Sorry no picture available, but im sure you have seen it but not realized it.

Well its not possible. You need the monkey round to happen for the 2nd node. Without the power on monkeys will never come...

If you mean the first step near flopper then yes, works as normal and node 1 still activates by touching the iluminiti screen. So in theory you can start the mmegg but can't go past step 2. (I've done this all but 1 time I've played with this)

I tryed a few different things this morning but nothing was out of place or new.

The only constant I'm getting is when the power is off the gersch seems to always teleport me into the spawn room next to the lander.

Can anyone else try this for me on solo and see if they have the same thing happen? I'm also down to do this with 4 people if anyone wants just send me a msg and lemme know your from codz

gt GOaheadRAGEQUIT

Sorry to bring something else up, but with the Gersch Device, has anyone spoken about the fact that numbers/letters shoot out of it when used, similar to the teleports on 'Five'?

Could the Americans and Russians shared technology? Or is there more behind the story.

Sorry no picture available, but im sure you have seen it but not realized it.

I've seen what you mean but don't think anything of it. Could mean something like what you said though and mean something as far as the story line goes in the future. When you throw in b&w and there's no background noise you can hear gersch devices really well too. They make a very powerful electric sound while they're going off.

just thinking, you know at the end of the easter egg when sam screams and the power goes out mabye throw a gersh and dive into it because someone previously said they always get teleported to the starting room and people have been trying to relate the centerfuge to the mystery man easter egg. i cant try because my xbox got red rings

I'm pretty sure if you shoot the gersch device with the wunderwaffe, its the same effect as the nuke powerup

Are you trying to be funny?

If you don't have anything to add then you don't have to post :)

I did have something to say, and it was funny. Don't troll.

:facepalm: Fail joke. All you look like is a troll when you say that in a serious topic that might have to do with the Mystery Man easter egg.

Back on topic: Could this have anything to do with HITSAM and HYENA? Maybe there are alternate endings to the egg, so we do not have the correct answer until the next map.

Did more testing.

I have noticed that you can not throw gersch device over doors into an un-opened area (well you can but it acts the same as if you thew if off the map)

still trying to figure out a way to at least semi control how the teleport works, still no patterns I have found yet.

If anyone knows anything about the device that has not been posted please feel free to share.