Radios on Discovery

So I decided to do a little investigative work myself on the map Discovery. Now we all know about the power switch, the writing on the boat, and the wrecked room with blood and monkey cages. But what about the radios? The are a few spots on the map that have radios that are the same exact design as the Kino Der Toten radios. Do you think they have any significance as a clue, or was Treyarch just recycling their objects?

The images below are two locations of radios in the map Discovery. The third is of a radio from Kino Der Toten. Note the same design. *The radios from Ascension have a slighty different look to them.

The final image is of a board from Discovery that reads "Durchhalten männer, wir machen sie fertig" in German, or "Hold on men, we'll make it." in English. The same quote appeared in the mission Eviction from WaW.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great find.

Though I don't think they ever put much thought into placing clues into mp, there is still a slight possibility, though they do just like to reuse designs and textures from map to map.

I am assuming that you tried to activate them, right?

Also, I don't think the board message has much to do with zombies, just another addition to make the map look good, and more realistic.

Oh well. It was worth a shot.

Did you look at any of the maps closely etc.?

Which maps? DLC or any of the originals?

By the way, thats an awesome userbar terminal, could I use it also if you don't mind?

Like pictures of like locations within the maps themselves. Like the random assortment of papers on desks in discovery.

And yeah, I didn't even make that bar. Its just kinda floating around, so go for it.

Also feel free to hit me up on PSN.

Yes i did look through the entire map. There are a couple location with papers, but they are blurry and not able to be read. There was also some papers in a trash can that were a little more clear, but still nothing that stood out to me. I even used a sniper scope, but that just made it more fuzzy.

As for PSN, should i add terminal or your other account?

Yes i did look through the entire map. There are a couple location with papers, but they are blurry and not able to be read. There was also some papers in a trash can that were a little more clear, but still nothing that stood out to me. I even used a sniper scope, but that just made it more fuzzy.

As for PSN, should i add terminal or your other account?

Terminal, as the other is full, currently.

Is it just me,or for the bottom right pic,under the writing,does it look like there's a map there slightly covered up by the foam? o.o

I agree 100%!! I believe it seems to be a map of a city, and also it looks like a river running through it. I wasnt too keen about posting that, cause I didnt want to assume too much. But it definetly looks like a map to me :)

I just thought of how awesome it would be if you could use a flamethrower attatchment to melt the snow off and uncover the mystery :D

unless you can...

As awesome as that sounds, which it really does. I doubt that you can because it is just a recycled board place around the map. I wouldn't knock you trying it out though. Im currently playing Battlefield and cannot.

Yeah I found those same radios too. There are also Biohazard signs around the building with the bloody cage.

And that sign that says durschalten machen wir blah whatever is also on project nova and the Kino Der Toten PaP room. Cept' its more legible.

And to the radios holding meaning, I think they could be also pointing to it being the next zombies map along with the rest, but I have noticed the lanterns because when you go beneath the map you can still see there light, and one is on a radio in that one small building.

I just thought of how awesome it would be if you could use a flamethrower attatchment to melt the snow off and uncover the mystery :D

unless you can...

I tried it, doesn't work. But if you go into Project Nova, the mission, the same board is in the first room you try to find Stiener in, with the tipped over files and stuff when a guy tries to ambush you. you can look at it close up and there is no snow covering it.