Something We May Have Overlooked for Kino Egg

I've said this in a post before but I think I need to start a new thread on it. I know there was some debate on what the written message on the stage near the teleporter power device. Its been deciphered as meaning "Aether projectionist". Riddle me this, why would they split up the word projectionist, as the "ist" portion is clearly under projection? They didnt break words up in any other writings on the walls. No people, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever it says "Aether Projection 1st". Meaning, start with the projection rooms in the teleporter. Isnt it possible that they gave us more verbal instructions to the egg on Ascension because we MISSED the clues for order on Kino?

Has anyone tried correlating a campaign level for Kino as was done for Ascension? I'm no good at that sort of stuff. :oops:

It is really hard for me to grasp that there are only 3 film reels and two radios, some guy knocking and screaming, a few notes, a bleeding mannequin, and a double downing dolphin dive that produces more powerups for about 10 rounds.

There are still huge questions surrounding whose locked in the closet and the missing picture. The biggest thing for me was Takeo saying "Maybe what once was will be again".

Lets have a huge [brains]storm fest here. Any code decipherers out that I would appreciate your input. Is there anything left unexplained? Let me know what you think. :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there are 3 film reels right?

If you pick up a reel in say the interrogation room when you teleport, is that reel always "reel A"?

If so, we might be able to work on collecting all 3 before trying to play them on the projector and try the 6 possible arrangements to play the films.

A-B-C

A-C-B

B-A-C

B-C-A

C-A-B

C-B-A

If the note is trying to suggest Aether Projection 1st, can we determine which room carries the Aether clip and is it always the same one or do we just have to obtain all 3 without knowing which is which and hope we've played them in the correct order to trigger something new?

Just speculating, haven't really scoured the forums for much about the reels so apologies if this has been said a thousand times before.

*Edit*

Played through the campaign over the last few days looking for some sort of relationship and I can't find anything. Sometimes they use the same blood smears and debris piles but nothing that looked out of place in the campaign or at least had a Kino feel to it.

I'm thinking that because this map was designed for release and didn't require completion of the campaign to play, they just went ahead and built a map that focused more on introducing new Black Ops players to killing freakbags and less about connecting it to the Mason storyline. That might be why Ascension was pulled before the game was released so they could have time to throw in more easter eggs and plot devices that they would not have been ready for in November. Or Bobby Kotick just wanted to pad his wallet.

TLDR: Can't find anything in the campaign related to KDT

I've said this in a post before but I think I need to start a new thread on it. I know there was some debate on what the written message on the stage near the teleporter power device. Its been deciphered as meaning "Aether projectionist". Riddle me this, why would they split up the word projectionist, as the "ist" portion is clearly under projection? They didnt break words up in any other writings on the walls. No people, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever it says "Aether Projection 1st". Meaning, start with the projection rooms in the teleporter. Isnt it possible that they gave us more verbal instructions to the egg on Ascension because we MISSED the clues for order on Kino?

Has anyone tried correlating a campaign level for Kino as was done for Ascension? I'm no good at that sort of stuff. :oops:

It is really hard for me to grasp that there are only 3 film reels and two radios, some guy knocking and screaming, a few notes, a bleeding mannequin, and a double downing dolphin dive that produces more powerups for about 10 rounds.

There are still huge questions surrounding whose locked in the closet and the missing picture. The biggest thing for me was Takeo saying "Maybe what once was will be again".

Lets have a huge [brains]storm fest here. Any code decipherers out that I would appreciate your input. Is there anything left unexplained? Let me know what you think. :)

Okay ive put the film reels in diffrent ways, But if you listen carefully, When you shoot the radios, some times its has the audio of the reels. shoot the radio listen restart game shoot radio listen, it wont be the same audio for both radios they switch randomly..