CoDz Chat Situation

carbonfibah

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chat is a useful feature for people like me who don't really have time to post, but like to interact with the community. I think a VIP chat would probably work best, maybe with a system where a certain number of members have to nominate a new member to join the chat, to stop spam and meaningless messages.

Regardless of your decision on the chat, I'll back your decision.

Carbon, I agree and disagree with the decision.

Agree - The chat is FILLED with little kids who are immature and just lag the site out. I admittedly was one of those until I got a board warning, then I became well behaved it the chat again. The chat used to be really cool for seeing what people think of a post your may or may not make, now it's just teenagers using text talk, which is a :facepalm: .

Disagree - I've taught new users how to post, give brains, and all sorts of things in there. In there, we can discuss issues with moderators, you, or whoever that may be without waiting for a reply via PM. The chat was an awesome place where you could just chill and joke around, but at the same time do the above things. A lot of the "memes" you see on the site originated in there like for example #WINNING (I know that's Charlie Sheen, but go away). I've gotten in the WWK usergroup via the chat, along with most of my CoDz friends I've met in there like Triixster, ddanso etc. It's a place to make friends and the above things too.

All in all I think you should bring the chat back, but don't be afraid to ban users from the chat for any violation of the CoC.

Carbon, I agree and disagree with the decision.

Agree - The chat is FILLED with little kids who are immature and just lag the site out. I admittedly was one of those until I got a board warning, then I became well behaved it the chat again. The chat used to be really cool for seeing what people think of a post your may or may not make, now it's just teenagers using text talk, which is a :facepalm: .

Disagree - I've taught new users how to post, give brains, and all sorts of things in there. In there, we can discuss issues with moderators, you, or whoever that may be without waiting for a reply via PM. The chat was an awesome place where you could just chill and joke around, but at the same time do the above things. A lot of the "memes" you see on the site originated in there like for example #WINNING (I know that's Charlie Sheen, but go away). I've gotten in the WWK usergroup via the chat, along with most of my CoDz friends I've met in there like Triixster, ddanso etc. It's a place to make friends and the above things too.

All in all I think you should bring the chat back, but don't be afraid to ban users from the chat for any violation of the CoC.

Once again, agreed COMPLETELY! [brains]

waffle a brain requirement would stop the new ppl from sharing ideas, or start a mad rush to post stuff, there by getting a lot of junk posts..........the n00bz are the best possible thing 4 the site to have, because we can culture their young minds, and create an even wider pool of ideas. there should be a mod for the chat, or maybe a bot that can automatically kick some 1 from the chat if they use key phrases like curses or racial slurs.......i personally believe that theorizing should be done in the chat, because after consulting multiple opinions, you can create a valid and reasonable theory.

Lol, the difference between a brain requirement and a post requirement is that you would not be able to spam, as people would not then give them brains! you only get brains for making good posts, so the people who made good posts would be able to access the chat.

And I wouldn't be surprised if i was the one to introduce ya to Dubstep >:]

..............................so.......................and ya i think that you did! lol.

stopdropkilla....

1. I put you in the group so you would STOP annoying me and asking me every 10 seconds, so annoying.

2. You still are the young immature kid in chat, YOU are the person that 90% of the PM's complaining about chat are about...

You have absolutely NO say or opinion on this matter, the fact that you are still around this site is a mystery to me.

/discussion on your opinions about chat.

stopdropkilla....

1. I put you in the group so you would STOP annoying me and asking me every 10 seconds, so annoying.

2. You still are the young immature kid in chat, YOU are the person that 90% of the PM's complaining about chat are about...

You have absolutely NO say or opinion on this matter, the fact that you are still around this site is a mystery to me.

OWNED. JUST STRAIGHT OWNED.

stopdropkilla....

Sorry I guess... :( And I think now I'm pretty well conducted in the forums, but I'll get my act together. I was actually eye opening to see you post that.

stopdropkilla....

Sorry I guess... :(

You don't have to be sorry, but you do need to look back and learn from mistakes. I know there is hope you for you yet young padwon. Just be careful about the language you use and the things you say. Easy fix is to think about things before you type them, say to yourself, hmm, will this offend anyone, or the fact that i am second guessing this, maybe i shouldnt type this, ya know, those are things you need to think about.

*If I offended you well that was not my intention, I was simply being upfront with you

stopdropkilla....

stopdropkilla.....................Get F’d up. this boy needs to learn 2 valuable life lessons, which i think that 90% of his generation cant get through their heads.........

1. NOBODY likes ppl who constantly curse and say random things just to get attention.

2. Never and I mean NEVER talk down to somebody who is older, smarter, or higher up in the ranks than you. u will get F***ed up....... ughhhhh wow i feel better now :)

(not to be a prick or that guy, but it had to be said..........freshmen piss me off to no end.....so sorry if i was a little overboard)

i think this was a good idea, i noticed that the site did load faster, also i know i haven't really used chat but i would have liked to to discuss CoD related stuff, and even though i'm 15 i'm pretty mature and i don't like it when people aren't respectful and curse, it gets annoying after a while

stopdropkilla....

stopdropkilla.....................Get F’d up. this boy needs to learn 2 valuable life lessons, which i think that 90% of his generation cant get through their heads.........

1. NOBODY likes ppl who constantly curse and say random things just to get attention.

2. Never and I mean NEVER talk down to somebody who is older, smarter, or higher up in the ranks than you. u will get F***ed up....... ughhhhh wow i feel better now :)

Listen, I'm not an idiot. I'm just one to mess around. And by the way anyone who thinks I'm dumb or whatever, I'm in ALL advanced classes besides math (Go figure >.

stopdropkilla....

Listen, I'm not an idiot. I'm just one to mess around. And by the way anyone who thinks I'm dumb or whatever, I'm in ALL advanced classes besides math (Go figure >.

not saying that you are stupid, or even assuming something about you, I’m simply saying that this is what your generation is to me........not in school or in real life, but on the internet. i realize that you may not be the same as others. THINK about what you post before you do...........I’m not pissed, I just want to send a clear message about how to not piss ppl off, and I’m not even saying that you do.

NOW lets end this argument and come give me HUGZZZZZZZ :)

I don't remember if I voiced my opinion over this, I think I was opposed to it before, but looking in the long run, say this site gets another 500 or 1000 members, the chat will start to flood and will slow the site down to a crawl.

Plus, I remember when I first joined (unfortunately due to the whole HL debacle, go figure), this website was receiving ALOT of traffic. Just looking at all those who signed up during the HL period it, alot joined within just 2 months, and I can see how people would be maybe off put by the chat and how that was also slowing down the site. I am a little dissappointed as we wont be able to imitate "Carbon_Bot" anymore (R.I.P), but I can see how its for the best and at the end of the day its Carbon's site. He can do what he wants with it and I'll back him.

Wolfy =)

stopdropkilla....

(not to be a prick or that guy, but it had to be said..........freshmen piss me off to no end.....so sorry if i was a little overboard)

I thought carbon took care of that already? And hey, i can get that stuff through my head, you should watch what you say, you're gonna end up offending someone. And i'm a freshman, so i kind of take offense to that... But whatev's, stopdrop is a good guy now, i'm friends with him, so lets end it with that...

i think this was a good idea, i noticed that the site did load faster, also i know i haven't really used chat but i would have liked to to discuss CoD related stuff, and even though i'm 15 i'm pretty mature and i don't like it when people aren't respectful and curse, it gets annoying after a while

Why do all the Zomb-She's say the best answers, ;)

:lol::lol: :lol:

Why do all the Zomb-She's say the best answers, ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Because they are awesome.

Gotta love the ladies.

Another note on the chat:

I found some embeddable chats we could use, and are still hosted by other sites, thus it is not using any of our bandwidth. The only major downside is the fact that we can't include groups etc. in the chat, unless you find something better that does not use our resources.

Another question:

Ever think about creating a premium account option on codz?

It would be similar to that of the donors, but we should offer a few more rewards for those who do contribute. It would be fairly simple to include, right?

guys....going to other sites is the exact opposite of what we want to do...... by going to other sites, you are less likely to actually visit the forums. I’m not saying that ppl will do this in large amounts, but it will still subtract from the total activity of the site. it would be the equivalent to having everyone go onto Skype and talk about stuff... ppl would just post their opinions there and not bother to visit the site....just my opinion on the matter.