Zombies Tumbling Explained

Sigint

Alright, so by now, we should have all played Ascension, and the one of the first things new i noticed about ascension was the different moves the zombies have. Sometimes they just stumble over, roll around and just stop running for a bit

Im not sure if this has been said before as there is no search bar but i think that the zombies are doing those sideway rolls because the used to be Spetnsaz soldiers (some of them). The zombies that were once soldiers have kept in mind some Spetsnaz army tricks, like rolling away when somebody aims at you.

I have even experienced them just moving out of your way for some reason.

Please dont flame if it has been said

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah because in Der Riese also they were marching. Im not sure if i noticed anything about shi no numa though

For Shi No Numa the Japenese Zombies were walking towards the boards in a "Karate" stance , just look at the way they have their hands with palms open straight, one pointing up and the other pointing forward.

The only one that I think that doesn't have human traits are the ones from Five :?

Alright, so by now, we should have all played Ascension, and the one of the first things new i noticed about ascension was the different moves the zombies have. Sometimes they just stumble over, roll around and just stop running for a bit

Im not sure if this has been said before as there is no search bar but i think that the zombies are doing those sideway rolls because the used to be Spetnsaz soldiers (some of them). The zombies that were once soldiers have kept in mind some Spetsnaz army tricks, like rolling away when somebody aims at you.

It has been said before, and I generally do agree with you.

There's a big problem though, if they keep progressing. Eventually they'll remember that they should pick up a gun and shoot back at you. Then you could have someone with a PC mod the character models of training grounds and ta da, zombies...not.

Rolly polly zombies, fine.

zombies getting boring, like training ground, not finel.

It has been said before, and I generally do agree with you.

There's a big problem though, if they keep progressing. Eventually they'll remember that they should pick up a gun and shoot back at you. Then you could have someone with a PC mod the character models of training grounds and ta da, zombies...not.

Rolly polly zombies, fine.

zombies getting boring, like training ground, not finel.

so great they are going to go Land of the Dead on us

yay -_-

I mean it's cool that they do it, but I feel that the time could've been spent somewhere else better.

I would have no problem if they just changed the character models.

I don't know, I'm getting very depressed with playing zombies anymore

Hey Johnson great to see you back!

And yes I agree, I'm 99.9999999% sure that's the reason.

Yeah i havent been around much because i have been in Hawaii :D and also school. New year of school so its important, its only year 9 but meh, still important year

Thanks for brains guys (and your approval Alpha!)

this is old as der riese =P but its okay, no need for hate or anger cuz of sumthing that is old xD but others also said that the reason they do the whole barrel rolling is cause of the whole Russians being drunk? You know, nikolai being a vodka freak, same with other Russians of course, so thats probably why they roll, but then again its just probably a tactic they use, yeah der riese they do the whole walking like a nazi , but i never noticed about shi no numa, i just thought they walked weird xD for five i dont think they wuld have one, cuz the zombies are regular workers and soldiers, and having to put ONLY the soldier zombies to do tactics wuld probably take more time to develope, cuz they need ALL zombies to do it, so it wuldnt make sense for a worker to be doing barrel roles or grabbing u like sum silent attack

Zombies spoke in Der Riese, but they didn't roll and dodge their heads like in Ascension, even in Five the MPs and millitary zombies do not, I repeat do not do this...

The only zombies I've seen doing these moves are the Spetsnaz zombies of Ascension...

Go watch my Ascension Tour you will see it for yourselves, I made a point about watching which zombies would roll and dodge...

No one has even mentioned the pictures I posted of bub. Treyarch must be referencing Day of the Dead, the 3rd installment in George A. Romero's original trillogy...

There is a part in my ascension series that demonstrates how effective the rolls is, I will find the exact part for you all to see.

It's a nice edition, as it shows us the zombies are not brainless freaks, they were Human at some point, plus they could be learning and regaining some of their former memories back.

It's evolution baby...

Regards Snake. ;)

I hate how they move their heads when you lock on the sights! Also why couldnt they fix the stupid bug that sets your sights on a zombie 20 feet away when theres one that just 5 feet away from ya, GAAAAAY! Cant wait for the next map, this is by far the best zombie map yet!

i guess this explains 3arcs new AI on zombies,

what blows me away is when i saw a buddy of mine shoot a zombie with the ray gun

on ascension and i literrely saw the zombie fall to its death and no little that 3 seconds

l8ter i saw the zombie get back up and sprint towards my friend..

then I shot the zombie down and freaked out.

kinda makes me think these zombies are thinking for themselves.. scary man.

i also heard a crawler say.. suck my dick. lulz. now i really wanna shot this mother fuckers!