24 Hour Livestream for Japan Earthquakes ENDED

Guys, the livestream is now over, we managed the whole 24 hours and manage to raise a whopping $285 for Japanese disaster victims.

Thanks to all that, watched, played, donated, tweeted, posted on forums, danced topless, posted on facebook and everything else you guys did.

We got tweeted by many big names, and managed to hit 70+ viewers.

We gave away codes, played games with you guys, and even let you guys burn down our minecraft server, was such an awesome night.

If you missed on donating, you still can!

Want to donate?

http://www.globalgiving.org/dy/fundrais ... regid=4841

If you want to donate less than $25, click on "other amount" and type in your amount. :)

Thanks a lot guys!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhm, if we get a skype chat up, and someone (not me sorry, as my computer sucks!) screen records, and posts live to the stream, we can probably commentate that way. I would be in to commentate. Sorry I'm no help with the gameplay recording though, or...we could have a party chat, and commentate that way.. makes more sense :P

------------EDIT------------

Role: Advertiser, Event Host?

Games: Halo Reach, Black Ops, MW2 (...sorry ;P) CoD4, GTA 4...others but i don't think they'll be interesting.

Equiptment: Xbox only gaming, but have a mic for commentary

There is already an event for this. Its called "Extra Life". Gamers all around the world unite for a 24 hour gaming marathon every year and the donations are awesome. Sarcastic Gamer alone raised almost $500,000 (half a million) in the latest Extra Life event. The proceeds go to CMN (Childrens Miracle Network) in the US. Of course you can join in, gets some sponsors and donate to a charity of your choice. If we all decide on a charity to donate the money to it will raise the popularity of this site as well as help those who need it. Most companies have raffles and give away really awesome stuff as an incentive to sponsor each other. You can even have contests between 4 or 5 people to see who can raise the most. It would be more fun and make more sense to do this at Extra Life instead.

http://www.wearechildrens.org/?p=891

There is already an event for this. Its called "Extra Life". Gamers all around the world unite for a 24 hour gaming marathon every year and the donations are awesome. Sarcastic Gamer alone raised almost $500,000 (half a million) in the latest Extra Life event. The proceeds go to CMN (Childrens Miracle Network) in the US. Of course you can join in and donate to a charity of your choice. It would be more fun and make more sense to do this at Extra Life instead.

http://www.wearechildrens.org/?p=891

Wait crap, I read this wrong.

So your saying, we should do this, but for Extra Life? Seems like a good idea.

So, when does Extra life take place?

I say hell with it, we just do CoDz. anyone can do a 24 hour stream, we will fit nowhere in a stream that gets $500,000.

I'd be willing to stream, I have and HD capture card, and While I am gone I cn let my computer run to pick up the skype chat and loop it into the stream.

If we do it sometime over the weekend, I can pull the late night hours.

Damn, what happened in Japan... is sad man... the country is getting more and more flooded with every passing minute.... I think raising for Japan is a good idea. Maybe Carbon could tweet JD_2020 and help us get some more recognition or something.

or we get carbon, jd , vahn and other celebs o the gaming world so as we can get lots of people to help