Why is Ascension even in the game?

Hanz_123

Why is it?

Never in Der Riese nor Kino der Toten , were there any easter eggs leading towards this map, except for that small easter egg in that teleporter room with the rocket in it in Kino, but thats not a lot to show that it would a Rocket Launch facility compared how shi no numa gave easter eggs to show the next map would be in Der Riese and how Der Reise gave easter eggs to show kino was the next map(You know, with the billboard picture thing)

And how does the gang even get to Ascension?

Where would they even get a lunar lander to get there?

How do they even know where or what this place is?

Its just confusing to me and if anyone can tell me how it does make sense how this place is on this game.

Only way i see it is if this map doesnt fit in with the real story and just a fun map, which it is i guess, then i have no problem with that. :)

It just feels like they gave up on the story. :ugeek:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a post about the Zombie story, that for some reason, something retarded happened at the end of Kino's story (not surprised) where they all got sent back to where ever the hell they were, Takeo's still a prisoner, Nikolai is a bear, Dr. Richthofen was working on experiments in space for some reason, and Tank became a hero and had a end of Star Wars Episode IV hero moment. Then something happened that I don't remember in between there, they wound up back in 1969, at the end of the Cuban Missle Crisis, and Nikolai was called to protect the secret Russian Space base (Ascension), and called the gang back together, and now there are on a space ship heading to the moon.

For some reason.

So there ya go, what I remember from a forums post I read a while ago.

I read a post about the Zombie story, that for some reason, something retarded happened at the end of Kino's story (not surprised) where they all got sent back to where ever the hell they were, Takeo's still a prisoner, Nikolai is a bear, Dr. Richthofen was working on experiments in space for some reason, and Tank became a hero and had a end of Star Wars Episode IV hero moment. Then something happened that I don't remember in between there, they wound up back in 1969, at the end of the Cuban Missle Crisis, and Nikolai was called to protect the secret Russian Space base (Ascension), and called the gang back together, and now there are on a space ship heading to the moon.

For some reason.

U know that was just a dudes theory that doesnt mean its true

For some reason.

i liked this theory until the part about the moon

While zombie maps themselves didn't really hint much at Ascension, everything Black Ops and campaign related sure left a lot of clues. I'm not quite sure exactly it's relevance in the story or how they got there entirely, but considering it includes the original four characters, it must be of some significance, especially with that big easter egg.

We all were expecting it all to be tied together in ascension. Instead we got, a easter egg that seems to exist to tease, a new tie-in with sam, and a rocket facility. It's really confusing. :facepalm: I'm just glad that my intrest in the storyline grows hungrier every easter egg.

Im just saying now that Dead Ops Arcade (DOA) does not have the main characters like Tank Dempsey And Takeo. But in DOA It shows that it is going to be based there but there no radios Its Got The CCCP i think its CCCP on the wall of Ascension By The PHD Flopper and its got CCCP on the rocket on DOA even on the little picture thing when you click to play on it on solo private match and find game :-)

Ok so we should dump Nazis zombies then because we can't figure out how the plot goes? Is that what the OP is saying...?

There is a ton of evidence to say that Ascension was in the works for quite some time...

Five features a rocket model in one of the side rooms... A Codz user No clipped into said room and took a picture of it.

If you know anything abut the story to Nazis Zombies most of it is based around Nazis conspiracy theories, and if you know anything about those then you will know that there is a very big conspiracy theory of how the Nazis went to the Moon in 1945...

But hey we should just give up right...

For some reason.So there ya go, what I remember from a forums post I read a while ago.

Watch what & who you call retarded mate, why don't you try and do it better if it's so retarded eh? :x

I hate it when people post things like this on a forum which is based on peoples "retarded ideas" if you don't like it GTFO. You sir are a maroon...

To the OP, come on dude its a game, who cares how ridiculous the plot gets, its fun as hell to try and piece this thing together, forget about trying to fit it into reality, it'll never happen. Treyarch are simple trying to keep things fresh.

For those with an open mind take a look at the top link in my sig for the thread that nhcre8tv1 thought was retarded. He kind of butchered the shit out of it in his little rant there...

Regards Alpha...

I know this doesnt't really help story-wise, but it should help as to why there are barely any answers and loads of questions:

As we know, Kino Der Toten was meant to be released on WaW, but was delayed to Black Ops. Its pretty fair to say (because of the huge difference between KDT and Ascension) that Ascension was meant to be the first zombie map for Black Ops.

Why is that relevant? Think of it this way. BO is the sequel to WaW, therefore Ascension is the start of the sequel (sorta) to the zombie mode. In films, although still closely related to the original, sequels take on a brand new story of their own. Makes sense?

So basically, our questions from WaW should be answered, but now a new chapter of zombies has begun - so the main focus in Ascension is on this new section of story.

Actually I think Five was intended to be the first ZMap for Black ops... With Kennedy involved why is it so difficult to get to the Moon with this man who also had a love affair with the Moon...

Der Riese hinted at the Moon, did you know that? The pieces of 115 on the Moon in Der Riese that people thought were teddy bears? Hmmm?

This was later confirmed on the Black Ops terminal... You can quote me on that...

So basically, our questions from WaW should be answered, but now a new chapter of zombies has begun - so the main focus in Ascension is on this new section of story.

Well said. ;)

Please tell me how you dislike it? Why do you feel that the Moon is out of the question?

Regards Snake.

For some reason.So there ya go, what I remember from a forums post I read a while ago.

Watch what & who you call retarded mate, why don't you try and do it better if it's so retarded eh? :x

I hate it when people post things like this on a forum which is based on peoples "retarded ideas" if you don't like it GTFO. You sir are a maroon...

To the OP, come on dude its a game.

Regards Alpha...

Chill OUt Alpha, at least he read your post; for some who replied to your post it was a case of TLDR. He didnt say your post or thoughts were retarded, he said something retarded happened which for a lot of the zombie community now sums up the story line efforts from Treyarch completely, nothing but contradiction after contradiction. But hey its their show and thats how they do their biz right.

Treyarch have had a silly amount of opportunities to provide some solid direction to the storyline and have so far ignored those chances, instead just dropping silly hints in the load menu that could allude to anything or nothing.

I have to be honest If I could have leaned through teh interwebz and punched JuggaJugga in the throat I would have.

When Ascension dropped he came on here and posted "The cosmic silverback has many brothers", insinuating that the information had allways been there and we were to ignorant to understand there elite stream of consiousness.

If Treyarch gave a shit they would have made a sincere effort to give solid direction to the story. They have not...

Actually I think Five was intended to be the first ZMap for Black ops... With Kennedy involved why is it so difficult to get to the Moon with this man who also had a love affair with the Moon...

Der Riese hinted at the Moon, did you know that? The pieces of 115 on the Moon in Der Riese that people thought were teddy bears? Hmmm?

This was later confirmed on the Black Ops terminal... You can quote me on that...

Well said. ;)

Please tell me how you dislike it? Why do you feel that the Moon is out of the question?

Regards Snake.

I agree with some of Snakes thoughts and ideas, infact I would go as far to say that the moon has allways been alluded to by Treyarch, just not in an obvious manner.

This is for you Snake.

Perhaps the red dots on the moon were not 115 metiorites but were outgassing from volcanic activity which has been observable on the moon and been recorded as far back as 1800, possibly further.

So maybe the outgassing could be a cause of lunar metiorites landing on earth. Volcanic explosion on the moon, material escapes relativly low lunar gravity and lands on earth as meteorites.

Now maybe these meteorites contained dormant bacteria, a sentient parasite.

That would go some way to explaining a zombie breakout.

It could also be used to explain a breakout on the moon. They make a base on the moon and it finishes completion. They now start mining for precious minerals, ores or 115 :lol: and hit a pocket of bacteria which infects a few of the workers and soon spreads.

Will edit with some links in a few minutes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/ ... 9120110306

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=14460

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_lunar_phenomenon

http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-dis ... man-brain/

ServantA00115.txt

***TOP SECRET***

***LEVEL 1 CLEARANCE ONLY***

***DER RIESE *SERVANT* SAMPLE A00115***

What follows is the chronological primary sample from the Der Riese project “Datenbedjensteter” (translated: DATA SERVANT). Sample was acquired from CIA asset based out of Vozrozhdeniya in the Soviet Union and is translated from its original German Below:

***SERVANT ENTRY A00115***

“Element 115 overview:

Sources include meteors found in

“Shi No Numa

“Tunguska = Ascension prelude

“Groom Lake

“Der Riese

Moon (Confirmed via Astronomical team)

“Applications include:

“Transporter technology

“Power source for DG-2

“General weapon upgrades via CWZIMOJZDUNINXPJZEKWZOLIEXZ

“Side effects include:

“Reanimation of dead cells

“Vin inherent electrical properties.

***END FILE***

&

ASCENSION

BYE 0108-56

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward

Soviet weapons devlopment.

2. The Lead is one Fredric Steiner and his focus was on the NOVA 6 program.

He and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on 29 Oct 1945 near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated "Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by General Dragovich.

3. British Intelligence records state that MI-6 had a commando unit in the general vicinity but refuse to disclose the details of their presence there.

Regards Snake.

I get what your saying Alpha, but didnt Treyarch themselves say that there was no tie in between the campaing and zombies? I am confudled.

Anaways the story has never really been my thing, I do enjoy reading other peoples ideas about the plot progression such as yours.

Keep it up, if you can. :D

Well said. ;)

Regards Snake.

I do not feel the moon is out of the question i just dislike thinking about going to the moon, for these reasons mainly: what happens next? Once we are on the moon where would we go? the rest of the planets? back to earth? If we just go back to earth what was really the point of going to the moon in the first place? to fight zombies that would be stuck on the moon and no threat to the human population? I just feel like the moon would be a map at some point just not next, i feel like it would be towards the end of the zombies storyline

For some reason.

Are people really causing a ruckus over this? I tried to explain Alpha Snakes awesome theory in a way that's relateable and entertaining. Retarded is a fun word to say too.

Ugh, fine, "Mentally Challenged".

Jeez.

ASCENSION

BYE 0108-56

ASCENSION GROUP EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

1. The Ascension Group is a coalition of former scientists from the German

Wunderwaffe program and Group 935. These scientists have been co-opted

and organized by Soviet General Dragovich for the purposes of pushing forward

Soviet weapons devlopment.

2. The Lead is one Fredric Steiner and his focus was on the NOVA 6 program.

He and the remnants of the Wunderwaffe scientists disappeared on 29 Oct 1945 near the Arctic Circle. Around the same time, the Soviet Operation designated "Olympus" consisted of the 3rd Shock Army Special Operations unit led by General Dragovich.

3. British Intelligence records state that MI-6 had a commando unit in the general vicinity but refuse to disclose the details of their presence there.

Regards Snake.

Yeah i made a post about how discovery ties into the Zombies story and the campaign.There are alot of good examples and in the map selection screen it says mystery's await you in this abandoned WWII Nazi Artic base not the exact lines but it sum's it up

So ill start with the best, the main blue building across the bridge from the garage, has test chamber's and cages.Might i add there has been a bloody escape of some sort,it seem's there was some secret nazi testing hence the lab's and phsyciatric hospital type restainted tables 'Hmm sound's suspscious?

Now i do however admit i have found no remants of evidence that would point this to have been group 935, I find it a little to suspicious that treyarch would design a map with so many box'es, billboard's, paper's, and building's with no 935?Also the billboard's i mentioned seemed to be frosted as opposed to the normal one's we see in Zombies and they say they grumble as they go, it was in german so the translation was dicey well hope we find out if the campaign & multiplayer are connected to Zombies more than we thought :mrgreen: