Kino der toten power on early Yes or NO

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=7280&p=72607#p72607

this is a link to a post of mine helping new guys get to round thirteen with army mentality rather than the mentality of a knife wielding thug. it is organised and thorough however one mans posts were slightly annoying as i specifically said it was a walkthrough for noobs...

anyway i would like to make this poll to gather the thoughts of every player and please feel free to comment giving your reasons for or against power but guys keep it friendly and explain yourself only. dont shoot others down.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a pretty good idea,me and my friends always earn 7500 before turning on the power,so we can buy juggernog and pack a punch a weapon.

exactly my game plan. at this point (sometimes) the box is in the theater and i need to get to it to stand a chance of killing hordes. plus i can start doing circles.

I always turn the power on once I have enough money for juggernog, I only play now with players that rank in the mid 30's or higher we all use the same strategy which is turning on the power early. There's nothing worse than all getting killed by round 9 or 10 because of getting overrun or not being able to handle the second round of dogs.

I always turn the power on once I have enough money for juggernog, I only play now with players that rank in the mid 30's or higher we all use the same strategy which is turning on the power early. There's nothing worse than all getting killed by round 9 or 10 because of getting overrun or not being able to handle the second round of dogs.

dont take this as patronizing cos i dont mean to be its just my personal thoughts on surviving the dogs. spread out. try to make sure you distinguish between the dogs attacking you and the dogs attacking your team mates. cos theres nothing worse than being bunched up and all shooting the first two or three dogs then all of you having to reload. if you only shoot dogs coming at you then you may find it easier. key word was MAY everyone is different

I always turn the power on around 12 and with enough points for juggernaut and mabye pack a punch but i fucking hate it when i play with random people epically some from turn on the power right when we get in the power room unless I have points and guns but i still get pissed at them and its like in round 6 they turn it on.

I say as early as possiable...

Reasons:

1. Power = Perks

2. More room to move around and escape in the theater.

3. To get to the Mystery box, if your unlucky enough to have it spawn in the theater first.

4. Traps.

5. Teleporter use, I start most round in the teleporter until they over run me then I teleport and let them group up & spam them with nades...

6. 6's explode so you can save ammo by letting them take out some zombies. I find crouching helps stop 6's getting under your line of fire.

Regards Snake.

I turn it on as soon as i run out of my first set of m-16 bullets. The reason for this is because when i play with 4 people i know we always come from down the stairs which is a small door so the 2 people with the least points take an m-16 each (for easy headshot kills) and take the stairway door while the other 2 take the 2 windows on the stage. This means everyone usually ends up with enough points for juggernog and to do a couple of laps round the map. Works for me but, in saying that ive never got past round 20.

sometimes...

i usually want to wait until round 9-10. Jus so i can do the dog glitch really

, and run around the theater with ease

If i do it any earlier, its only because the noobs im with ALL went down.

One reason it isnt good to turn it on early is that turning on the power brings in the crawlers.

bloody annoying things...

only if you all have enough for jugg, i can survive up to round 20 with a pistol and jugg :D, make sure everyone works together, i hate it when a player forces you to spend all your point to get there then turns the power on leaving you all with no guns and no perks... then he teleports

yea, but the crawlers are slower and weaker than the normal zombies.

I really don't see the benefit of waiting to turn on the power early, a few of you are saying why you hate it when people do it quick, but nobody is really saying why

yeh, they may be weaker, but the nova gas can be annoying, and sometimes, you cant see what's ahead through all the blur.

I wait until I can get The Bowie and by into the room from either of the second rooms away, so instantly once I get there.

But I usually don't PaP a weapon until the twenties because it is kinda a waste having that much power, and I wait until I get decent weapons from the Mystery box and Buy all the perks before that. My best alone is round 34 on Kino.

Depending on the Team really dictates your game play with the power. if your playing with a strong bunch and your friends that are good, we can wait till Lvl 20 B 4 we open turn the power on.

If its a bunch of noobs that keep dying, staying alive is critical and having jugs really helps especially when you have open doors to do laps.

Secondly if we have enough for jugs or bowie, we split, 2 get jugs, 2 get bowies......we use the point accumulation to our advantage while the team with the bowies do massive damage and gain immense points, the Jug guys stay alive to make sure to revive. From there it standard play. Loops and swoops

I dont recall packing any guns unless we really need to.....Ive had an MP40 till round 39 and a regular Thunder Gun because we use it only if we have to and rack points off the MP40......

Power is critical for jugs, quick revive and traps.......you can do loops all day with those 3..........

I always turn on the power before round 13 because I find that it gets so hectic if camping on the stage. I don't recall ever staying on the stage longer than round 11. The reason for this is because most of the time, I run with the MP40 and halfway through rounds, I run out of ammo as well as the other players(Given that the box isn't even on the stage or prior rooms, And no one has good enough weapons to hold the fort down.) It can be done, I know, But it gets to difficult situations sometimes. So, Rather being safe than sorry, I prefer to move on.

yea, but the crawlers are slower and weaker than the normal zombies.

I really don't see the benefit of waiting to turn on the power early, a few of you are saying why you hate it when people do it quick, but nobody is really saying why

yeh, they may be weaker, but the nova gas can be annoying, and sometimes, you cant see what's ahead through all the blur.

True, but gas zombies die with 1 slash of the bowie knife until round 13, and with a small burst + knife until 20 or so.

And when you knife them to death, you don't get the nova gas.

So if you turn on the power and grab the bowie knife, you get 2x points for kills, weaker/slower zombies (since gas zombies are weaker and slower), juggernog, access to more box locations, and a lot more room to move around.

The only downside I could see is if you both avoid grabbing the bowie knife AND juggernog, as some people will do nothing but spam the box. But even that is made up for by having the extra room to move around, with the weaker/slower zombies that are easier to dodge.

i usually wait til the 2nd set of dogs especially if its random players im with.. hard to rely on people some times and by the time you get to the theatre you should easily have enough points for juggernog plus extra for a couple tries at the mystery box or bowie knife.. but if people can handle the 2nd dogs i dont mind usually staying in theatre, keep only the dressing room door unlocked and have the guy at the back window by the m-16 turn the power on if people in front doorway get overwhelmed

• 2 weeks later...

if you wait until 2nd dogs, the bowie knife is a waste of points

On the contrary, I like to earn 5500 poitns so that I can buy juggernog and bowie knife. 1 hit 130 points knife kill till round 10. Then I pop a couple of bullets into em and knife em for the 150 points. By round 20 I have like 20k points with all perks with a powerful upgraded weapon. My secondary is usually the MP40 for points so that buy rond 30 I can have like 40k points so if I go down, I can easily rebuy perks and hit the box a good few times.

second dogs don't usually come until round 10 or later, when its no longer one slash kill.

I exclusively use the Bowie from when I can get it until round 14, buying the knife first, then 'nog as soon as I can afford it. Then I hit the box with all my points until round 15 or so.

I've also found that if you get the ballistic and upgrade it, its 1 slash kills with the bowie until round 15 (with faster slashing and faster running), so I do that if I can and keep it as my secondary.

But if everybody waits until round 10 to even get to the bowie, it means that you're going to be facing off a lot more zombies than is advisable while slashing, the 3k points means that you have to kill 50 zombies by slashing just for it to pay for itself. The longer you wait to buy it, the lower your profit margins will be.