Nikolai is 'The Bear'?

Jackyboy1384

I watching a couple of videos of Ascension, to get the basic layout of the map for Thursday when First Strike is finally released on PS3 (can't wait! :D) and I heard something interesting at the end of one of the videos. I don't know if this has been posted or not but I searched the 'Ascension' section and couldn't find anything recent. Watch for yourself and see what Nikolai says when he dies:

fj8bRTfUvAM

He says "The bear has been hit!". Does this mean Nikolai is 'The Bear'? We know from the terminal that Maxis states that:

*The bear is

*Watching me.

*It lives

*But I can't prove it.

So... maybe Maxis thought the three were dead when they were being tested on, but realises they are still alive? I don't know what it means, I just thought I'd bring it up as no one else seems to have recently.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh. I'm pretty sure it's Sam's teddy bear because that thing is creepy as hell, but just because the bear is a Russian symbol doesn't mean, for example you couldn't have had an American who calls himself "The Eagle."

I am the eagle!!! Hear me...uh...chirp?

I AM THE EGGMAN! THEY ARE THE EGGMAN! I AM THE WALRUS! KOO KOO KA CHU!

hate the beatles but had to say it.

LOL :lol: Round 98 and you're using an MP5K.Classic.

Not actually me playing in the video but yeah. :lol:

And aah, I didn't realize the Soviets used a bear as their mascot. If this is true then this theory has as much of a chance of being wrong as it has of being right.

But, if it is wrong, then what was watching Maxis??

*The bear is

*Watching me.

*It lives

*But I can't prove it.

This clearly isn't referring to Samantha as the data was written before Maxis and Sam were betrayed by Edwardm and Samantha was clearly alive to everyone. WHO is the bear?????

LOL :lol: Round 98 and you're using an MP5K.Classic.

Not actually me playing in the video but yeah. :lol:

And aah, I didn't realize the Soviets used a bear as their mascot. If this is true then this theory has as much of a chance of being wrong as it has of being right.

But, if it is wrong, then what was watching Maxis??

*The bear is

*Watching me.

*It lives

*But I can't prove it.

This clearly isn't referring to Samantha as the data was written before Maxis and Sam were betrayed by Edwardm and Samantha was clearly alive to everyone. WHO is the bear?????

I think the coincidence for both references are unrelated, Nikolai uses these terms very loosely as a general reference compared to Maxi's statements.

Maxi's statements im quite sure related to the "Teddy Bears, Samantha and so forth" I very much agree. But I dont think Nikolais reference is related.