There is more to tell about the monkeys?

LUDRICOUSZ

I have 2 things to put out here:

In the arcade mode of zombies, you have a boss wich is a cosmic silverback (zombie gorilla in space suit).

In ascension you have the well-known monkey rounds, wich are monkeys who are dressed (if i'm not mistaken) in space suites. maybe there is a connection?

I was looking on wikipedia about information about monkeys in space and found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeys_in_space

"Monkeys in space by the Soviet Union/Russia

The Soviet/Russian space program in the Bion program satellites used only the rhesus species.

The first Soviet monkeys, Abrek and Bion, flew on Bion 6. They were aloft from December 14, 1983 - December 20, 1983.

Next came Bion 7 with monkeys Verny and Gordy from July 10, 1985 - July 17, 1985. Then Dryoma and Yerosha on Bion 8 from September 29, 1987 - October 12, 1987. After returning from space Dryoma was presented to Cuban leader Fidel Castro.

Bion 9 with monkeys Zhakonya and Zabiyaka followed from September 15, 1989 to September 28, 1989. They hold the monkey in space endurance record at 13 days, 17 hours in space.

Monkeys Krosh and Ivasha flew on Bion 10 from December 29, 1992 to January 7, 1993. Sixteen-year-old space veteran Krosh has produced offspring, after rehabilitation upon returning to Earth.

Lapik and Multik are the last space monkeys to date. They flew aboard the Bion 11 mission from December 24, 1996 to January 7, 1997.

The names of the monkeys started on each letter of the Russian alphabet sequentially (А, Б, В, Г, Д, Е, Ё, Ж, З...)"

I noticed a couple of things about this story:

- the names of the monkeys are the letters of the russian alfabet (we all saw at least 3 of the letters in ascension at the 3 landers)

- Also the name Fidel Castro is well familiar with most of you.

-AND the monkeys that were used by the soviet union to shoot into space are rhesus monkeys. the size of these monkeys are similar to the monkeys in the monkey round.

What do you guys think about this?

I'm just throwing it out there and i'm curious what people think about these things.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The space monkey's are somewhat related to the Cosmic Silverback. I think it's more that they're inspired by the Cosmic Silverback. Someone else put up a post a few days ago mentioning this information from Wikipedia I believe. But yeah it's pretty cool how it's all related to real world events and how everything is connected in some way.

Dead Ops/Cosmic Silverback are NOT related to the story whatsoever. The relation is purely coincidential. The Cosmic Silverback is a SILVERBACK and Silverbacks are at LEAT 6 feet tall gorillas. we are fighting 1.5 foot tall little chimps in Ascension. Would a little chimp relate to a massive Silverback? I think not...

Dead Ops/Cosmic Silverback are NOT related to the story whatsoever. The relation is purely coincidential. The Cosmic Silverback is a SILVERBACK and Silverbacks are at LEAT 6 feet tall gorillas. we are fighting 1.5 foot tall little chimps in Ascension. Would a little chimp relate to a massive Silverback? I think not...

Umm how do two types of monkey not relate? HAHA. And they're both wearing spacesuits. And you still dont think they're making a reference to the silverback? As small as a reference as it might be. I never said they were the same or that that they we're related to the story, I just said they we're related in general. Which anyone can see they clearly are. It's common sense. Oh and by the way, when we're talking Treyarch there's no such thing as "coincidental". Don't get your zombie nerd panties in a bunch.

Umm how do two types of monkey not relate? HAHA. And they're both wearing spacesuits. And you still dont think they're making a reference to the silverback? As small as a reference as it might be. I never said they were the same or that that they we're related to the story, I just said they we're related in general. Which anyone can see they clearly are. It's common sense. Oh and by the way, when we're talking Treyarch there's no such thing as "coincidental". Don't get your zombie nerd panties in a bunch.

also, I believe video evidence somewhere has shown the Silverback to be in a CCCP Spacesuit...I would confirm if I wasn't on an iPad that fails at finding video (casue no flash....:( :| )

the silverback is a gorilla, which is an ape. a rhesus is a monkey. monkeys and apes are completely different. that aside, they are both primates used in Soviet Union space tests. the relation is more like the silverback was an easter egg to the rhesus monkey rounds, as he came in between rounds of dead ops like dogs and now monkeys do.

Really, they're both PRIMATES. So they're not completely different then are they? I didn't know we had such avid ape and monkey enthusiasts on this forums. Well my correction, They're both PRIMATES. And how are apes and monkeys completely different? Apes and monkeys both belong to the same Domain,Kingdom,Phylum,Class,and Order (Just busted out my old Bio notes from back when I was in high school so BOO YA!), so the biological hierarchy of classification says they're definately related and in no way completely different.It's amazing how some of users take my post so far out of context. I simply stated that the Ascension space monkeys were related to the Cosmic Silverback,even if the only relation was the fact they we're both Primates wearing spacesuit. Do not correct me brimst0ne when I need no correction. I'm sorry if this sounds mean but I just can't stand when someone takes my words out of context like this

Quite funny, I posted this forum so that we maybe find out a little bit more about the story. but instead there is a discussion wether a monkey or an ape are related to each other. i personally think that there is something related to the monkey round and the cosmic silverback. how weird of Treyarch would it be to make 2 different stories with (almost) the same creature in the same suit?

Really, they're both PRIMATES. So they're not completely different then are they? I didn't know we had such avid ape and monkey enthusiasts on this forums. Well my correction, They're both PRIMATES. And how are apes and monkeys completely different? Apes and monkeys both belong to the same Domain,Kingdom,Phylum,Class,and Order (Just busted out my old Bio notes from back when I was in high school so BOO YA!), so the biological hierarchy of classification says they're definately related and in no way completely different.It's amazing how some of users take my post so far out of context. I simply stated that the Ascension space monkeys were related to the Cosmic Silverback,even if the only relation was the fact they we're both Primates wearing spacesuit. Do not correct me brimst0ne when I need no correction. I'm sorry if this sounds mean but I just can't stand when someone takes my words out of context like this

[brains] I'm the same way.

i already stated they were primates if you bothered to read the entirety of my post good sir. and if you want to get into taxonomy, they are still separated by family genus and species. the main difference being that monkeys have tails and apes do not. that being said, its not unlikely the soviets used both apes and monkeys in thier space tests. and as a side note, apes and humans only branch at the level of Genus. btw, what the heck is a domain? kingdom is as general as it gets.

the silverbacks and the small monkeys ( deffinatly not chimps) are not as related as you think silver backs are apes. the others monkeys which is signifigantly differrant. but yes they are both related ( not genetically) in the fact that there both part of the russian cosmonaut program

Wow, Mods please just lock this topic, we've clearly gone WAY off topic. I understand that there's differences between the two. But if you guys would actually read the original posts it's about the connections between the two, not the differences. Yet all you guys continue to comment on is how different apes and gorillas are, blind to the fact that the topic is on similarities between the Ascension monkeys and the Cosmic Silverback. And I think any 1st grader can see there are similarites between a chimp(monkey,rhesus,whatever!) in a spacesuit and a gorilla(ape,silverback,whatever!) in a spacesuit. Yes, there are differences between the two. But there are definate similarities that anyone that's looking at them can tell. You people have taken part of my posts so far out of context that you have derived from the original topic COMPLETELY!

i already stated they were primates if you bothered to read the entirety of my post good sir. and if you want to get into taxonomy, they are still separated by family genus and species. the main difference being that monkeys have tails and apes do not. that being said, its not unlikely the soviets used both apes and monkeys in thier space tests. and as a side note, apes and humans only branch at the level of Genus. btw, what the heck is a domain? kingdom is as general as it gets.

^^^

GREAT Example above

My apologies to the OP, we've gone completely off topic here. Mods just lock this thread please!

Wow, Mods please just lock this topic, we've clearly gone WAY off topic. I understand that there's differences between the two. But if you guys would actually read the original posts it's about the connections between the two, not the differences. Yet all you guys continue to comment on is how different apes and gorillas are, blind to the fact that the topic is on similarities between the Ascension monkeys and the Cosmic Silverback. And I think any 1st grader can see there are similarites between a chimp(monkey,rhesus,whatever!) in a spacesuit and a gorilla(ape,silverback,whatever!) in a spacesuit. Yes, there are differences between the two. But there are definate similarities that anyone that's looking at them can tell. You people have taken part of my posts so far out of context that you have derived from the original topic COMPLETELY!
i already stated they were primates if you bothered to read the entirety of my post good sir. and if you want to get into taxonomy' date=' they are still separated by family genus and species. the main difference being that monkeys have tails and apes do not. that being said, its not unlikely the soviets used both apes and monkeys in thier space tests. and as a side note, apes and humans only branch at the level of Genus. btw, what the heck is a domain? kingdom is as general as it gets.[/quote']

^^^

GREAT Example above

My apologies to the OP, we've gone completely off topic here. Mods just lock this thread please!

Yeah that's true, i only wanted to know if we have something about this information with shooting monkeys in space. not if apes and monkeys are related, i truly dont give a banana about that