Ascension Loading problem

kuoguy

I got a new second hand 360 after my last one had a DVD drive problem but im having a problem with ascension

Everytime i try to load ascension it freezes at the loading screen (usaully near the end) but the xbox itself still works

Im hoping that it isnt another issue with the DVD drive- but i have heard of other people having this problem.

btw- ive tried re downloading it.... but it stays the same

btwbtw- all the multiplayer first strike maps work fine.

:( :x

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a new second hand 360 after my last one had a DVD drive problem but im having a problem with ascension

Everytime i try to load ascension it freezes at the loading screen (usaully near the end) but the xbox itself still works

Im hoping that it isnt another issue with the DVD drive- but i have heard of other people having this problem.

btw- ive tried re downloading it.... but it stays the same

btwbtw- all the multiplayer first strike maps work fine.

:( :x

I have that exact problem. And it cracked my disk at a part of it. Check yours and see if that happened too.

It shouldn't be a disc problem. If it is however you can always install the disk to hard drive/usb, and then run it off that.

I had a system scratch on my BO copy before, and before I got it fixed one of the solutions was to install my brothers copy onto my hard drive, then use my cd to boot it from hard drive.

There is a local store near me, not gamestop, which has a professional disc scratch remover machine, and for five bucks they grind off a very thin layer. I took my black ops there and it worked perfectly, the first time.

You could buy one of those kits from the store, but they are either attempting to melt and move the plastic, or fill in the scratch. They arn't grinding down, which is the best method. So those may also work, but your best bet is to find a place that will do it professionally. Or just do the install trick

Well, Im royally F*cked. My xbox's DVD drive broke somehow. None of my games even work anymore because it just says, 'open tray'. Great, now not only do I need to get a $60 game, but now I need a $300 system. Oh, and I need a new mic because mine broke in half. So that's $20 more added to that bill. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, Im royally F*cked. My xbox's DVD drive broke somehow. None of my games even work anymore because it just says, 'open tray'. Great, now not only do I need to get a $60 game, but now I need a $300 system. Oh, and I need a new mic because mine broke in half. So that's $20 more added to that bill. :evil: :evil: :evil:

First off, the game is meant for people 18 and old, so you can say fuck.

Also, are you sure it's the drive and not just system scratches. People often move their xbox while it's running and it gets a system scratch.

Before you shell out the money for a new xbox or replacement drive, make sure you allow it time to cool down, and nothing is obstructing the fans. Try another disc and see if it works. Try a cd/dvd.

If it's just system scratches you can get them removed for fairly cheap.

Also, if your mic broke, and your game broke, you need to take better care of your things. The games will not just scratch themselves and the disc reader isn't going to break itself. There is a 99.9percent chance that you did something, one way or another, that is causing/caused the problem. Try to think what you were doing in the process of trying to get it to work, etc. I know that when I system scratched my black ops, and didn't know what happened, that I ended up scratching it up even more in the process of trying to figure out what was wrong.

i had that problem with my old 360- it just sits in the corner now gathering dust

but i bought a second hand one for £25- but i think it has a similar problem :(

i'd recommend just buying a brand new one so that the only way it could break is if the squishy human controlling it did something to it (you).

Thanks. But I tried every game on my shelf. Tried 3 movies, and 1 CD. Nothing worked. And I've waited 12+ hours now, so I think it's pretty cooled down. I didn't notice the scratch until it had become a crack in the disk, but I take pretty good care of things (put the games back in their cases, ect.)

But, thank you for trying to help. I understand you're just going off of what I posted and aren't here to see it for yourself.

Oh, and I don't move my xbox while it is, or isn't running. I know people that have done that so I avoid it entirely.

I've had my xbox for a while though (3 years), so it may just be time to get a new one anyway. The mic was old too(3 years too), so that probably has something to do with it.