Raw Data and intel/ UPDATE 2/27/11

Johnny Reklaw

I've done my best over the past few weeks to gather as much data on Ascension as possible. I am an optimist and I do believe there is something we are missing on Ascension and the overall way of looking at things on the map.

Before I begin hashing out everything I have, I owe a big amount of thanks to LunchBox (sorry dude, don't know your Forum name) and Undead XP. I have had 2 very interesting games of searching on Ascenion, one with each of them and awesome randoms who played along with our experiments.

I have a lot of data, and have been attempting to put it together. The purpose of these little excursions into the map was to notice a few things:

1) Changes in the map Before and After the Easter Egg.

2) Odd design specs put into the game by Treyarch as "clues."

3) Anything and everything that looks good, bad, or indifferent about the map.

Here is what we found (will have MY theories at the bottom):

1) Red light.

From the start of the game (definitely from the power, but I'm going to safely say from the beginning of the map as the lights look on) there are some red lights in various locations.

A) Juggernog room,

B) Lower window of Centrifuge room

C) The entrance to the PAP room (from the pressure switch INTO the PAP room)

D) The exit from the PAP room.

E) Between Stamin-up and the Junkyard area.

F) In the Centrifuge room above the stairwell.

All in all some of you are probably saying, "so what?" And I answer, there is one red light turned off. That mysterious door outside the PAP area by the box spawn has a red light that isn't lit. What makes this more interesting is that every occurrence of the red light listed above (except in the lower window of centrifuge room) there is a singular bell next to it. In essence, it uses the EXACT same design in the red lights in most occurrences...but this one is not lit.

2) The ladder to nowhere?!?

Okay, so the whole ladder in Kino Der Toten was overplayed and I can't tell you how many times people tried to get me to find the rocket launcher in the conference room in the 3 seconds I was in the room...but I have a different ladder with a little more feasibility attached to it.

In the PAP area, before entering the PAP room (in the area where the pressure switch is) look above the door and you will see a small platform with a ladder (just out of reach) leading up to it. Here is what is odd, however: Unlike Kino, this is an Extend-able ladder (think fire escapes on New York apartments). Unlike Kino's ladder which is bolted to the wall, this one HONESTLY looks like it could drop down. Undead and Lunchbox agreed with me on this fact.

The ladder also passes what I call the "solid test." I will take a paragraph to explain what I mean. Often times in Video Games, you have 2 kinds of design elements (what I will call Objects and Decorations). Objects are solid items that you interact with. Things like Landers are physical objects that can affect the player. If you shoot the lander, it will stop your bullet. Other objects are decorations. Decorations items are often there for aesthetic purposes only, and the player cannot interact with said items. Decorations are often used exclusively in out-of-map areas (including behind zombie windows)...thus why glitching out of the map players can walk through most items out of the map. The Difference in these two items is one thing: their ability to stop bullets. non-solid items cannot stop bullets.

I tested the ladder, and the platform above using this test, and both stopped a raygun (the easiest gun to test with). If we have a resident no-clipper...this area might be of some kind of interest to you. Shooting the ladder with the DM's does nothing. Is there a way to drop this ladder? I don't know.

3) Secret access above Speed Cola?

There is a trap door directly above the speed cola machine. Why? I don't know. Does it open? I don't know. There is a similar door in the Centrifuge that is partially open with wires hanging out. But why is this here? Decoration is a maybe. What interests me more is stepping back toward the lander and looking up, there is a blue door. Looking up from the Box area below (by the non-red-light door) you can see a permanent ladder that only goes half way up the building...why? Tried shooting the door, tried using the sickle to grab the handle...no success.

4) Not quite full power?

From the Flopper Lander, look up at the power switch area. There are electrical nodes that are not lit. Is there a second power switch to help us with something? Just an interesting note.

5) 5th lander

So we all know about that building with the potential 5th lander. I tested parts of the building using the "Solid test" mentioned above. A majority of items in this area are solid, including the crane holding what looks like a second casimir mechanism. However, the backdrop of the crane is not solid...however (assuming this is playable area) this part would be "out of the map." What is really odd is that there seems to be a boundary surrounding the front of this building making it a closed section of map (so it doesn't run on forever). There is a LOT of detail for just a backdrop building.

What is also interesting to note is another red light. Its on a high tower like an airplane light would be. Why is there a red light in the distance? This area, however, looks under powered. Using data # 4...could this area need power to be accessed? I don't know.

6. BFD

This is the translation of the Russian letters printed on the lander pads. Speed Cola's pad is called "B", Flopper is, "D", and Stamin-up is "F". The home lander has no letter, but a symbol that many think is a target?!? I think this is the home location of the Lander.

So, you say, "Big F*cking deal...its russian letters." Okay you have a point...but why BFD? BDF? FBD? FDB? DFB? DBF? Well, I don't know, There seems to be a lot of Tie-ins to letters and the landers. There is no B, F, or D in the sky.

But what if the lander letters came back...say after finding a 5th lunar lander? That would make 20 letters in the sky, with 3-5 on the landers (figuring out whether the lander in centrifuge has a letter...if the "5th" lander would have a letter)... Almost a full alphabet.

Weak argument, but again this is raw data. Just for research value. The Russian alphabet has 33. The landers use the 2nd, 5th, and 22nd letters. These letters do not directly correlate to English alphabet, but are phonological equivalents.

7. Signage ***EDITED 2/27/11***

Alright, so I have taken down several signs and put them through a free online translator. I am having issues with a few words....so you might be able to help out here.

On Fire Alarm (See item 9 if you are confused)

ПРИ ПОЖАРЕ

РА ЭЅЕЙТЕ

СТЕКАО

Translated to: FIRE RA EЅEYTE dripped NOTE: This one is hard to read...Something is off in that middle line of text....

What is really weird is that Russian's discontinued the use of the character "S" in the 18th century...

Those white signs with the weird monkey symbol...

ПОСТОРОННИМ

ВХОД

ЗАПРЕЩЁН!

Translation: Chantier DENIED! Quite literally, Entrance prohibited (took some extra research here).

Green lit sign at Speed Cola/ Random Green sign by window in Stamin-Up

ВЫХОД

Translation: Exit

(Here's where it gets interesting)

White signs (like the one outside the non-red-lit door...

СТОП

ХИМИЧеСКИЙ

Опасность

Translation: STOP! Chemical Danger

Red signs (in swamp, found by hoses in centrifute, etc)

ВНИМаНИе

Не ВВОДИТе

БеЭ раЭрешенИя

Translation: WARNING Do not INTRODUCE BeE raEreshenIya

Okay...something is off in that last word set...It sounds like you shouldn't introduce or mix something with something in the area? Perhaps that gooey green liquid in the swamp? whatever is siphoned in the hoses?

Sparky ( Forgot to C&P the exact letters from the batteries)

Translation:3Arch

***END EDIT***

8. Door to nowhere?

Looking below the Stamin-up Machine area (stand where the 6th radio is and look over the barb wire) there is a door. Interestingly enough...this door has one of the white signs seen outside many of the doors in the playable area of the map. It would come out below the junkyard.

***EDIT 2/27/11***

Thank you Heavy Hitter for your help today! You get credit for this find!

9. There is one single Fire alarm panel by the Sickle lander right next to the door that bridges next to the *supposed* fifth lander position. It is the only one I can find on the map. See above for the translation on it ( and the translation helped me figure out what exactly it was). Also interesting to note is that there are a few more regular lights not working in this area. This corner is dark and the hallway/bridge is poorly lit (with more non-working lights).

***END EDIT***

So, that's my intel of consequence collected thus far.

But what does it all mean? I have no clue...otherwise I would simply tell you instead of wall-texting a post full of raw data. I have my thoughts...but many are crazy and ludicrous. Before I end...here is what I have tried to eliminate them from the list:

1) Shooting the trap door beneath Speed Cola

2) Shooting the crane holding a Second Casimir device?

3) Shooting the ladder in the PAP area

4) Using the Sickle to hit the trap door above Speed Cola

5) Shooting all 13 Sparky batteries

6) Shooting the Door beneath the Centrifuge.

7) Capturing the 2 downed landers in the junkyard. The one over the railing fails the solid test (and the Gersch is stolen), the one behind the box spawn is hinky, as the gersch slides under it, but it goes nowhere.

8) Ballistic knifing the lander....PAP or unPAP. From the top, bottom, side, while in air, while not in the air, etc. Reviving a person on the lander in air and landed (you try hitting someone mid-air on a lander with a ballistic knife!!!)

9) 4 people on the lander with DM's

10) Shooting the moon

11) Hyena, then Luna

12) Hitsam, then Luna

13) Hyena, Hitsam, Then Luna

14) Hitsam, Hyena, then Luna

15. Gersch on the door under the centrifuge

16. Step 15 only diving through the Gersch

17) Gersch on the door outside PAP

18) Step 17 only diving through the Gersch.

19) Getting DM's on monkey rounds...even ran around with a monkey chasing me long after getting the DM's to see if I could hear a hint somewhere as to the next step.....

20) PAP the DM

21) Getting 4 people in the PAP area with the DM's

***EDIT 2/27/11***

22) Riding the lander at speed cola

23) Shooting the door/ bridge from speed cola.

24) Shooting the Fire Alarm panel by Speed Cola.

***END 2/27/11 Edit***

I will continue to test, theorize, and try this map with any theories I can come up with. I welcome any input and thought

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great report bro, Real long.

Although Id hate to see this thread go to waste after you typed all that....really redundant

Like honestly if this easter egg was borderline impossible to figure out to begin with, how is it that a choice few, or maybe it was treyarch that leaked it, knew about this easter egg? Considering the difficulty do you not think if there was another method or further evidence that it would have surfaced there after the easter egg was first being performed by everyone? Would not all the extra steps, IF THEY EXISTED, be known by everyone now? Or starting to surface with confidence or in youtube videos?

I want to know how it all originated really, forget all these theories. Howd they find out how many times you have to shoot the portal to activate the gersh device or w/e? Howd they find out it was X amount of shots with X gun? You know unless you had this information relayed to you directly from the programmers, the only other way would be to decipher the raw code of the game itself. Some have looked at this, and i imagine those who originally found this easter egg learned of it from looking at the raw code as well. CONSIDERING THIS THEORY, these same people should have produced any further results if they in fact discovered all of this via observing the raw code

The way i look at it, unless you literally just went around with a crawler, shooting things, throwing gersh devices at stuff, and trying to get the "mystery" man to talk would be the only way a normal being could even attempt to figure out this secret from scratch.

Although Id hate to see this thread go to waste after you typed all that....really redundant

Like honestly if this easter egg was borderline impossible to figure out to begin with, how is it that a choice few, or maybe it was treyarch that leaked it, knew about this easter egg? Considering the difficulty do you not think if there was another method or further evidence that it would have surfaced there after the easter egg was first being performed by everyone? Would not all the extra steps, IF THEY EXISTED, be known by everyone now? Or starting to surface with confidence or in youtube videos?

I want to know how it all originated really, forget all these theories. Howd they find out how many times you have to shoot the portal to activate the gersh device or w/e? Howd they find out it was X amount of shots with X gun? You know unless you had this information relayed to you directly from the programmers, the only other way would be to decipher the raw code of the game itself. Some have looked at this, and i imagine those who originally found this easter egg learned of it from looking at the raw code as well. CONSIDERING THIS THEORY, these same people should have produced any further results if they in fact discovered all of this via observing the raw code

The way i look at it, unless you literally just went around with a crawler, shooting things, throwing gersh devices at stuff, and trying to get the "mystery" man to talk would be the only way a normal being could even attempt to figure out this secret from scratch.

I don't agree, i mean there supposed to be some more easter eggs on kino that we haven't figured out so why would we figure out the ones on Ascension?

Like honestly if this easter egg was borderline impossible to figure out to begin with, how is it that a choice few, or maybe it was treyarch that leaked it, knew about this easter egg? Considering the difficulty do you not think if there was another method or further evidence that it would have surfaced there after the easter egg was first being performed by everyone? Would not all the extra steps, IF THEY EXISTED, be known by everyone now? Or starting to surface iwith confidence or in youtube videos?

Well, the initial step is rather difficult to find, but the rest are marked with the howling wind. The original generator howling can only be heard from one spot on the map...but the rest are much more obvious to seeing. The computer terminal howls...noticing that there Is something there, the monkey rounds starts again...anyone looking around could find the buttons. 4 buttons, 4 players.

The pressure switch could feasibly be accidentally be activated or again, the howling....

Gersch screams LUNA for the lander letters. This just leaves the final step. Honestly, the amount of hits doesn't matter, as I've seen several combos...only the weapon set is the question...Gersch says more things as you add various weapons, trial and error would lead to a solution.

I am an optimist, and i love mysteries, even if I am searching in vain.

Btw: is it just me or do the stadium lights in this level look like a crossbow?

Thanks for the honorable mention, Johnny. ;)

I'd still like to give sucking up/teleporting different things with the Gersch Devices another try sometime though. We kinda lost our players that one time we tried throwing one in front of the locked door by PaP. :/

This includes objects outside the map. After all, the initial Casimir Devices IS outside the map too.

ПРИ ПОЖАРЕ

РА ЭЅЕЙТЕ

СТЕКАО

FIRE

RA ESEYTE

DRIPPING

ПОСТОРОННИМ

ВХОД

ЗАПРЕЩЁН!

OUTSIDERS

DENIED!

In the first translation ESEYTE sounds like a lot like the spanish word ACEITE which means oil.

Also this:

ВНИМаНИе

Не ВВОДИТе

БеЭ раЭрешенИя

The large word means "without permission"