The OLYMPIA is a 100% REAL Shotgun

play2often

I've read in various sites that the Olympia isn't a real shotgun. Well I've done some digging and it IS a real shotgun. Origionally, I thought it came from a company called Olympia arms, however, they don't make shotguns.

There is actually a shotgun called the Rottweil Model 72, and a version of that shotgun is called the OLYMPIA!

So if someone says the Olympia was made up for Black Ops, kindly correct them. remember the name; Rottweil Model 72.

edit:

jlDoUTFyCCc

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the guns in all the Call Of Duty games are real. Only some are names differently. Like the Enfiled is really the SA80. The factory where they're made is called Enfield. So they got that part right. I don't know about China Lake or Strela. Ballistic Knives are real however, and are pretty friggin epic! They've a Russian Cold War invention and are now used by Soviets. Ninja Soviets really if they know how to use a Ballistic Knife!

All of the guns in all the Call Of Duty games are real. Only some are names differently. Like the Enfiled is really the SA80. The factory where they're made is called Enfield. So they got that part right. I don't know about China Lake or Strela. Ballistic Knives are real however, and are pretty friggin epic! They've a Russian Cold War invention and are now used by Soviets. Ninja Soviets really if they know how to use a Ballistic Knife!

I don't know what the real name for the China Lake grenade launcher is, but a few months ago I played Shellshock 'Nam '67 for the first time. Between every mission you get to chill at the firebase and talk to people. One of these people is a guy named Sergeant Platt who runs the shooting range. Throughout the game there's a couple rather unique weapons you can pick up, including a pistol that shoots miniature rockets, and, get this, an M60 that Sergeant Platt rigged with an ammo backpack "for the spooks at China Lake."

I don't know what the real name for the China Lake grenade launcher is, but a few months ago I played Shellshock 'Nam '67 for the first time. Between every mission you get to chill at the firebase and talk to people. One of these people is a guy named Sergeant Platt who runs the shooting range. Throughout the game there's a couple rather unique weapons you can pick up, including a pistol that shoots miniature rockets, and, get this, an M60 that Sergeant Platt rigged with an ammo backpack "for the spooks at China Lake."

oh that's all legit. there was a rocket pistol called the Gyrojet. and at the china lake facility, they rigged m60s with backpack mags and called them DEATH MACHINES. that's where treyarch got the death machine's name from.

oh that's all legit. there was a rocket pistol called the Gyrojet. and at the china lake facility, they rigged m60s with backpack mags and called them DEATH MACHINES. that's where treyarch got the death machine's name from.

Aw dude, that's right! I remembered the concepts but I forgot their names. It WAS a Death Machine. But then why didn't Treyarch just use the Death Machine instead of making up some man-portable minigun and calling it that?

• 6 months later...

Because there are no such things as real double barrell shotguns and Treyarch could give one any name they wanted to

I know you didn't say there is no such thing as double barrel shotguns. They are 100% real.

They are very real, I've shot a real Full bore Double Barrel shotgun on a clay pigeon shooting range when I was a teenager.

I have to say it hurt like hell.

Nice find on the Olympia & real Death Machines.

The first time I saw a mini gun with back pack was in Predator worn by Jesse Venture. Now that was a Death Machine.

Regards Alpha.