Finding Samantha

Johnny Reklaw

I am going to preface this by saying I don't thing therre is much new in what I am about to say. I am simply puzzling together a few things in my mind that I don't think I have seen correlated yet. Forgive the wall text that is following, but please take a moment to consider a few things.

1) I dont think there is another area of the map that we have not accessed. There are many casimir looking devices, but nothing has ever come of them...I believe them to be props. I think the next step of the easter egg (or what I'm going to call a new easter egg) involves an existing area of the map.

Now, why do I think this?

It comes from 2 lines that are always found in the Easter Egg (and others.... At the start of every game on Ascension, Gersch (mystery man if you don't think its Gersch) beings with, "Please, help me....she's coming." Who "she" is seems relatively obvious to mot zombieites, but I'm going to state the obvious, "she" is Sam.

Now, throughout the completion of the easter egg Gersch (mystery man) makes another remark, "Hurry, she's almost here, help me, LUNA!" this says she is getting closer...closer than she was when he said she's coming.

Finally, one of the more recent discoverys, you can hear Sam, after screaming, say, "Come find me." we have hinted at this, but we have not yet discovered what this means. Literally, its hide and seek. Its not the first time. There are numerous references to samantha believing the entire zombie thing as a game, why wouldn't she like to play a game of hide and seek.

She was angry when we freed Gersch...now we have to find her for the next part of the game. This is where I believe we are looking at a new easter egg. We have finished the mystery man easter egg, but we have unlocked another. We need to find Samantha. This is why there is no more howling, this is why the code ends...the next step in the coding is elwhere as another section of code.

We need to look at a few things for where to find her.

1) it isn't in the nature of any company to make an easter egg that has a one-shot principal. Meaning, whatever the next step is not going to be failed if you don't complete it on the first try. In a potentially endless game like zombies, you should be able to access the easter eggs whenever...no matter how much you failed.

Think of it this way, if you don't shoot enough stuff into the Gersch device, you get unlimited tries until you give it enough "power." So, as I flesh out this theory, I don't think the 90 second death machine is key to the next step...unless you consider this:

Codex claims that every DM power up after this gives everyone the DM for the standard 30 seconds. This is obviously not enough time to get all over the map, but if you knew where you were going, you and the team could post up until you got them again.

Or the DM's have nothing to do with Sam's hiding place.

I do not think we are looking for a new place on the map...and this is because of the basic rules of hide and seek. There are always boundaries. As a child, my neighborhood used to play hide and seek, but certain lawns/backyards, were off limits. If you hid there, you lost. Same principle applies here, we have been all over the map with no hint of going elsewhere.

Some people have seen other potential areas (another lander pad by speed cola, a door below stamin-up) but others have no clipped the map to the furthest extent...no additional areas exist.

So, where could she be?

I'm sure I'll see someone (or many someones) claim the centrifuge...and i say show me proof. I don't think its going to be as simple as one step. The completed mystery man easter egg had 6 confirmed steps....why would finding Sam be easier? The steps for freeing Gersch were continually more complex, requiring more people to complete. The first 2 steps required only one person. But suddenly, you need 4 people for the monkey buttons and pressure switch. Also, don't forget that the LUNA lander step requires 3 lander pads and 1 rider...meaning unless someone runs around like crazy, 4 people...

So why not use 4 people to find her. I have said before that there are 3 inassessible doors...but all look like storage rooms to me. Is she hiding in the closet? (a favorite hiding place of my youth) or is she stuck in the centrifuge and we need to get her out.

The only way I Could see there being more to the map was if it was a puzzle to open, like the casimir device was. (this is a pretty big if in my mind).

So, here is how I propose to find Sam: we need a team. This team needs to explore every inch of Ascension. This team needs to note every minor detail from battery locations, lander configuration, perk cola songs, etc. And make a note of it all.

Then, they need to complete the mystery man easter egg...and scour the map again. Find what is different, what sounds are new. Does something in the distance look different. Does the moon change? They need to confirm and/or debunk existing hypothesis and create their own while exploring. What can they find that changes or seems different about each section of the map.

Yes, that seems obvious, but notice we are now aware we are looking for a hiding place. What does that tell us? Someplace inconspicuous...someplace where a small child could hide...a small child with godlike powers and "Fluffy" hellhound pets...Most of all, what is or is not a Logical "first step" to a new easter egg...one more complex than mystery man.

My idea being out...your Ideas? Thoughts?

P.s. Forgive the wall text...please.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I really like the idea that we need to get our asses organised, get a good team to search ect... but the thing is according to SO MANY PEOPLE they have ALREADY done that: they've serached every inch... but still IDK maybe we need to do it again and be REALLY shure?

I think we need to wait for march 3rd, not because there'll be a patch that finishes the Easter Egg, no I don't belive in that, but because all players will have an oportunity to really explore Acension...

I'd say first things first: listen for anything unusual after completing the mystery man easter egg.

Almost every map previous to Ascension had noises or voices occur randomly when you were at a specific spot in the map. Verruckt was full of them.

Even more curious, if you sat in the corner next to the window by the furnace in Der Riese, you could hear a young child crying. What if we can hear hints by finding more whispers from Sam or something?

i think that theres gonna be a update when the map pack comes out for the ps3 then we will be able to complete the easter egg. my thoughts are that treyarch may think that we wont get this far and the would have enough time to actually think o ideads to complete the easter egg until the update. its my thought, may not be true, but the thing is that we should of solved it by know.? maybe we have already done it. all we had to do is free him, free his soul. then death machines for a reward.

the reason you here a child crying in that level is bc Richtofen and Ludvig Maxis were testing subjects and samanthas dog somehow ended up in the teleporter turning it into a hell hound and thats how those were made but the crying is bc her puppy died and richtofen locked them both in the teleporter chamber and sent them off somewhere.

Personally I think its a to be continued onto the next map pack, theres alot of gamers and they had found out this easter egg pretty fast so not finding another step only suggests its to be on mp2. Also, a theory of the story line. You know how on the computer rlogin you see a txt file that says Richtofen was experimenting on the 3 characters? Maybe sam is just imagination in their mind (the voices) like Reznov was in Mason's.

You know how on the computer rlogin you see a txt file that says Richtofen was experimenting on the 3 characters? Maybe sam is just imagination in their mind (the voices) like Reznov was in Mason's.
Nah because Richtofen was there with Sam, and even questions where she went in the opening for Kino. So, she's very much real. Unless Richtofen is just simply insane because he DOES hear voices apparently. :D