Why Richtofen is in an astronaut suit *UPDATED* 2/24

Powerhouse631

yeah, youve done my idea of linking it to history.. but that doesnt explain why a nazi from the past has one, surely if it was referencing this you would be taking about dempsey :mrgreen:

With all due respect I wouldnt exactly call it your idea of linking it to history, because I dont share a [brains] with anyone. :) I will say that great minds think alike though, so my compliments to you ;)

Again, the reason I think Richtofen is in an astraunaut suit is because he has been to a lunar base on the moon already, hence why I sincerely feel there will be a future moon map. I know that my concept of that tends to get lost in all this info, but I am theorizing here about future maps and why.

If the US captured a German scientist (known to have achieved launching a rocket into outerspace at the End of WWII), put him to work at NASA, and allowed him later to become a US citizen, it seems to make Five relevant, especially now that we are at a Russian launch facility, setting the time frame to be during Kennedy's reign if you will.

I am theorizing about the timeframe with this one (USSR & USA spacerace). I know it gets confusing because there is so much in this thread.

As for exactly linking the doctor to the Russians and the zombies storyline, well that is still a work in progress, which is why I started this thread. Contributions on theories are most welcome. :mrgreen:

:? didnt mean to say it like that :) only that i was so relieved to see someone else using their head when theorising for once! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to bring across an idea from the COTD category, that Richtofen is building something.

During the egg on COTD, he asks you to retrieve a part, and talks of building something.

So maybe on ascension he needs to travel to the moon in order to retrieve a part from a lunar base.

Also he could be trying to get to the moon to get more element 115, Richtofen and Maxis were both experimenting with 115 to power weapons and other items.

Fun Fact: ascension and Der Reise were the only maps to take place at night. Maybe the moon on the re-released Der Reise has some clues for us?

Going off of this post by aegisknight post. I think he may be on something. I mean Der Riese could show one side of the moon while ascension shows the other side of the moon. IDK but it just makes a little sense to me, maybe the next map will feature a lunar base on the moon and for a boss like on call of the dead , we will have to kill the giant silverback

Maybe he's wearing a spacesuit because he's trying to rid himself of him being a nazi. the Nazi's wern't the kindest to the russians and since we are in a russian space station, if there were people there, they wouldn't be too plesaed to see a nazi about 20 years after the war, there would have still be some open wounds about the whole thing really...

I honestly think that Richtoffen will be back in his regular clothes in the next map, either that or the entire team will be in civvy clothes or something along those lines

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he's wearing a spacesuit because he's trying to rid himself of him being a nazi. the Nazi's wern't the kindest to the russians and since we are in a russian space station, if there were people there, they wouldn't be too plesaed to see a nazi about 20 years after the war, there would have still be some open wounds about the whole thing really...

I honestly think that Richtoffen will be back in his regular clothes in the next map, either that or the entire team will be in civvy clothes or something along those lines

Or treyarch trying to remove that anger in some european countries about the 'exessive' use of nazi symbols in zombies. Seriously what is their problem :facepalm:

I reckon the costume change was simply for convenience, Didn't they have to edit out all Nazi imagery in the German version of Black Ops, just like how they removed swastikas on the iPod version.

If they did release the Map with Richtofen's uniform they would probably have to create a different download for Germany with a edited skin for Richtofen. That seems like too much effort for Treyarch, so the simple resolution is to change the suit all together, the Richtofen Doll also had a smiley face in place of the swastika as well.

Unfortunately whenever Treyarch does something, big or small, we all think it's part of their master plan.

Just an idea however, the change may still be important!

• 2 weeks later...

Treyarch aren't so detailed as to put hints in clothing, they will make it hard, but the use of clothing, or colours of the walls as I saw in annother post.... no, treyarch like to make it hard to find, but obvious, staring you in the face, but after you look it up, so less astronaut suits and more zombie monkeys, who are intellegent!

yes but I find it interesting how even in Kino, Richtofen is beat to sh*t along with takeo and a moustache etc. That does seem to be missing in Shangri-La so maybe this map is tying up all the loose ends.

P.S. I believe Verruckt was at sunset i believe but I do remember a sun or maybe the orange glow is fire. Shi No Numa is cloudy but it does seem like it is night time (same with CotD)

yes but I find it interesting how even in Kino, Richtofen is beat to sh*t along with takeo and a moustache etc. That does seem to be missing in Shangri-La so maybe this map is tying up all the loose ends.

Maybe the room of the facility they were held in COTD had some cleaning/decontamination equipment?

• 2 weeks later...

Hes in the suit because the maps are not in order Ascension is the last Richtofen is in the suit because he thinks he is going into that place where Samantha is so he gets in the suit so he can fight her and not get exposed to the weird space place [forgot what its called] also with the mustache and them being beatin also goes with them not in order once zombies is done it will all come togother

Hes in the suit because the maps are not in order Ascension is the last Richtofen is in the suit because he thinks he is going into that place where Samantha is so he gets in the suit so he can fight her and not get exposed to the weird space place [forgot what its called] also with the mustache and them being beatin also goes with them not in order once zombies is done it will all come togother

We still don't know the order. They could easily change clothes and wipe the blood off. Takeo has had his moustache since kino, and could shave it off anyways if he didn't have it in shangri la (which he does). We won't know the order until shangri la comes out, and even then we may not find out.