wonderboy_3856

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know much about coding, but looking at the end of the code

players = get_players();

rand = RandomIntRange( 0, players.size );

players[rand] maps\_zombiemode_audio::create_and_play_dialog( "eggs", "gersh_response", undefined, plr_num );

}

}

samantha_is_angry()

{

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_earthquake", (0,0,0) );

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_whispers", (0,0,0) );

wait(6);

level clientnotify( "sia" );

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_scream", (0,0,0) );

}

For instance, is the last bit of the code posted correct? Logic dictates this is the end of the Easter egg as there is no more after. i mean surely im not the only one who must have come to this conclusion

half of you must be the same group of people who believed Der Riese Unlocks, or The ladders in Kino come down (to name just a few far gone theories)

as i said, that is the end of the code for the easter egg right?

wait(6);

level clientnotify( "sia" );

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_scream", (0,0,0) );

}

Happens at the end of the Gersh easter egg when you play ingame, this WE ALL know, however, before you go saying of but the code might be in the wrong places, the answer to that is no, it isnt, its structured and follows a path, There MAY be different results along a set path, however, the last post of a code is usually the end of it full stop, especially in treyarch games, this much i DO know

now until Treyarch do updates that might add more code, really should stop chasing phantoms

Regardless of me dashing it all, it is good work by you all

• 4 weeks later...

players = get_players();

players[rand] maps\_zombiemode_audio::create_and_play_dialog( "eggs", "gersh_response", undefined, plr_num );

}

}

wait....

This means that only one plaer hears Sam screaming? :o

I never knew! :D

plus:

players[rand] proves that each player is assigned a numerical value.

You could thus find the numerical value for each character and altar this code so that

the screaming always plays through your player!

:D

Neato!

players = get_players();

}

}

wait....

plus:

You could thus find the numerical value for each character and altar this code so that

Neato!

dempsey = plr0

nikolai = plr1

takeo = plr2

richtofen = plr3

players = get_players();

}

}

wait....

plus:

Neato!

dempsey = plr0

nikolai = plr1

takeo = plr2

richtofen = plr3

lol, id thought tank would be plr1, not plr0

wait....

plus:

Neato!

dempsey = plr0

nikolai = plr1

takeo = plr2

richtofen = plr3

lol, id thought tank would be plr1, not plr0

Thanks CJ!

Phillips,

programming doesn't discriminate the zero in numerical assignment like reality does

;)

It counts the same (there are 4 players, not 3)

but their positions include zero

(Dempsey is the 0th, Nikolais 1st, etc)

People, we found and finished the Easter Egg in a week, yet about 1-2 months later people still havent found the end yet in the coding.

JUST DEAL WITH IT THE EGG IS OVER, IT ENDS WITH THE DEATHMACHINES!! JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IT ENDED WITH FOUR 90 SECOND DEATHMACHINES DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO REPEATEDLY POST ABOUT SOME "NEW FINDING" THAT BEEN DE-BUNKED ABOUT 20 TIMES.

LOOK ON YOUTUBE OR TRY IT YOURSELF 99% OF THEORIES HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED!

If you want ask me to explain some of the theories that havent been de-bunked and Ill tell you what is really going on.

People, we found and finished the Easter Egg in a week, yet about 1-2 months later people still havent found the end yet in the coding.

JUST DEAL WITH IT THE EGG IS OVER, IT ENDS WITH THE DEATHMACHINES!! JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IT ENDED WITH FOUR 90 SECOND DEATHMACHINES DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE TO REPEATEDLY POST ABOUT SOME "NEW FINDING" THAT BEEN DE-BUNKED ABOUT 20 TIMES.

LOOK ON YOUTUBE OR TRY IT YOURSELF 99% OF THEORIES HAVE BEEN DEBUNKED!

If you want ask me to explain some of the theories that havent been de-bunked and Ill tell you what is really going on.

dude you dont need to be so negative...we kinda know almost all hope is lost now, but this thread is pretty old, it was just bumped, that's all

The Panda's out...

Woo, I love how everyone just reads the first post to enforce their idea that there's more to the easter egg with "sacrifice" and stuff, but then ignored the replies from those of us that actually understand coding and completely debunked the idea that the code holds anything new in it.

Like I stated in my previous post: The only possible new thing in that code is two sound files that may not have been heard yet, but there is no extra reward or additional step indicated.

The posters after me looked at the other parts of the code and showed how they don't add anything new either.

All this code demonstrates is what we already (should) know: The easter egg is over.

The code is incomplete. It's impossible to determine whether or not the Block of coding we have initiates any other coding because we don't have the full thing. What then, do you suggest in your infinite wisdom Secret1 and Secret2 are? Red Herrings?

I know you guys are THE go-to guys for zombies and I know a lot of you are veterans so please don't think I'm trying to say I know anything, or coming on here and trying to outsmart anybody...but I was thinking that I haven't yet seen anybody complete the next round with the death machines. I have a simple theory thats probably nothing but it's worth typing down here for the record.

Here's my theory...

After your ready for the mystery man easter egg and you go down to the lander spot with the nodes, open the gersch device and allow the last crawler to be sucked into it while the mystery man "Ascends" into the sky. At that point a new round should be beginning. Make sure all the windows are NOT boarded up so the zombies can come in faster and all four players split up and take different spots on the map. I'm pretty sure only 24 zombies can spawn on the screen at one time...but if your all split up, then 96 of them can spawn...24x4. Then kill ALL the zombies in the round in 90 seconds with your 90 second death machines.

I know it takes time to get to all sections of the map so the person with staminup should be the one to take the farthest route (actually I'm not sure if staminup even works when you have the death machines.) But 3 people hop on the lander and one player stays behind where the mystery man was set free. The player who stays behind starts slaying zombies left and right. The other 3 players take the lander to the centrefuge and kill zombies on their way to their destinations. One player goes to the pack a punch area, one goes to the PhD Flopper area, and the other player stays in the centrefuge area. That should give everyone enough space to allow 4 different spawning areas for the zombies to spawn in giving the maximum amount of zombies allowable on the map.

I know it's a long shot but it's been on my mind since this whole easter egg started and I have yet to see anybody try it. I know I sound like a back seat player but I have no way of trying this since I have no mic and am the only person with a PS3 that I know. I would be willing to get on skype with 4 dedicated and serious players who would like to try it though.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there with the other 400 theories about the easter egg. And I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I DO know that it is most likely over with the death machines...but theres an inner voice telling me to just try...I wish that voice would just shut up already.

An earlier post gave all the coding for what we’ve accessed thus far (PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT~ I guess this is the end ): ?). I’ve been reading and re-reading this with great detail and found some great stuff. I will outline the obvious indicators we have not seen the end of this, as well as my interpretation of where we have been going wrong.

First we’ll look at the beginning and end of the code to show that our results have not produced the correct outcome (For space conservation I will not repost the entire code, see the afore mentioned post for full code).

teleport_target_event();

reroute_power_event();

sync_switch_event();

pressure_plate_event();

lander_passkey_event();

weapon_combo_event();

level notify( "help_found" ); **Note it says Help Found**

These are the list of events, and the final outcome that we should encounter if all is done correctly. However, we are all familiar with this ending.

samantha_is_angry()

{

wait(6);

level clientnotify( "sia" ); **Note Level notify “Sam is angry” not “hp” or “help_found”**playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_scream", (0,0,0) ):

I was just reading the code last night (for the first time) and independently came to a very very similar conclusion as yours. I believe the easter egg just has an alternate ending... I'm not sold on there being any MORE steps, just a different ending.

Here are a couple things that I've noticed:

"Thundergun_hit" is activated by standing in a certain way near the Gersch. What's especially interesting is that you're not supposed to fire it! How did I figure this? Well, if you look at all the other guns you have to fire (ray gun and crossbow), in that coding, it says

(attacker GetCurrentWeapon() == "ray_gun_upgraded_zm") (emphasis added)

But to activate the "thundergun_hit" flag, it doesn't say "attacker", it says this:

( self GetCurrentWeapon() == "thundergun_upgraded_zm" )

Interesting, huh? So, what I'm saying is that I've come up with the same theory as you in regard to the thundergun standing point blank to the gersch.

Next up, we see that different combinations of these flags produce different results. The flags are "thundergun_hit" (discussed above) and "weapons_combined" (which is ray gun + dolls OR crossbow). Here are the possibilities:

if( flag( "thundergun_hit" ) && !flag( "weapons_combined" ) )

{

level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6p1_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_fail2", 7 );

Translation: "thundergun_hit" (standing point blank with PaP thundergun) + "weapons_combined" = ann_egg6 (part 1) complete, but gersch_egg6 will fail. That's okay though, as we'll see what's next.

else if( !flag( "weapons_combined" ) )

{

level thread play_egg_vox( undefined, "vox_gersh_egg6_fail1", 6 );

}

flag_clear( "thundergun_hit" );

"Else if" is just an alternate way of going about things. So, this means we can instead just do "weapons_combined" (that means don't do anything in regards to standing point blank with the thundergun). If we just do that, however, notice that last line: "flag_clear (thundergun_hit)". This means that the "thundergun_hit" will be cancelled... The result is that we get "undefined" and "gersch_egg fail"... the undefined probably means that this has no affect on the ann_egg6 (meaning it doesn't cancel the first step we just did ;) )

***[one step here that has to do with the revive part, but I'm gonna leave that omitted for several reasons]***

The final thing we see is this code:

play_egg_vox( ann_alias, gersh_alias, plr_num )

{

if( IsDefined( ann_alias ) )

{

level maps\zombie_cosmodrome_amb::play_cosmo_announcer_vox( ann_alias );

}

if( IsDefined( gersh_alias ) )

{

level maps\zombie_cosmodrome_amb::play_gersh_vox( gersh_alias );

}

if( IsDefined( plr_num ) )

{

players = get_players();

}

}

This section dictates the ending of the easter egg. There are three things that can be triggered (all three at once is possible). The first is the Ann easter egg. If all its pieces have been triggered (including that last thing I just discussed), then you get an announcer. Big whoop. Next is the obvious one: Gersch. He babbles a nice thank you, yadda yadda. Third one is plr_num, which I believe checks whether both Ann AND Gersch are activated. You can see that the result of this trigger is some new audio. I suspect it triggers a different dialogue with the characters.

Let me know what you think. I'm down to try this with someone who can capture video. If you don't agree, please don't post unless you have direct criticism on what I've said. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

An earlier post gave all the coding for what we’ve accessed thus far (PLEASE READ VERY IMPORTANT~ I guess this is the end ): ?). I’ve been reading and re-reading this with great detail and found some great stuff. I will outline the obvious indicators we have not seen the end of this, as well as my interpretation of where we have been going wrong.

First we’ll look at the beginning and end of the code to show that our results have not produced the correct outcome (For space conservation I will not repost the entire code, see the afore mentioned post for full code).

teleport_target_event();

reroute_power_event();

sync_switch_event();

pressure_plate_event();

lander_passkey_event();

weapon_combo_event();

These are the list of events, and the final outcome that we should encounter if all is done correctly. However, we are all familiar with this ending.

samantha_is_angry()

{

wait(6);

level clientnotify( "sia" ); **Note Level notify “Sam is angry” not “hp” or “help_found”**playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_scream", (0,0,0) ):

It becomes obvious that we have been performing the weapon combo event incorrectly. Further evidence is as follows:

kill_trig_on_death( trig )

{

self waittill( "death" );

trig delete();

{

level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6p1_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_fail2", 7 );

}

{

}

}

soul_release( model, origin )

{

soul = Spawn( "script_model", origin );

soul SetModel( "tag_origin" );

soul PlayLoopSound( "zmb_egg_soul" );

fx = PlayFXOnTag( level._effect["gersh_spark"], soul, "tag_origin" );

time = 20;

model waittill( "death" );

level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_success", 9 );

level thread wait_for_gersh_vox();

soul MoveZ( 2500, time, time - 1 );

wait( time );

soul Delete();

wait(2);

level thread samantha_is_angry();

}

wait_for_gersh_vox()

{

wait(12.5);

players = GetPlayers();

for ( i=0; i

{

players thread reward_wait();

}

}

reward_wait()

{

while ( !is_player_valid( self ) ||

( self UseButtonPressed() && self in_revive_trigger() ) )

{

wait( 1.0 );

}

level thread maps\_zombiemode_powerups::minigun_weapon_powerup( self, 90 );

}

{

{

}

{

}

{

players = get_players();

The successful completion of this event hinges on which flags are set and how; I’m not claiming to know exactly how it is done, but these flags are crucial. Above you can see correlation between the “weapons combined” and “thundergun hit” flags and their earned responses by either Gersh or Ann. I am guessing that if certain actions were done differently the order of the code and the code itself would differ. Another significant line is the last one in that section. It says create and play dialog “eggs, gersh response, undefined, and plr_num” I believe the undefined should instead be “Ann_response”.

One more blatantly obvious code that assures us this isn’t the end is the section mentioning the player rewards. I will paste it one more time below so that I can type notes directly next to the code.

players = GetPlayers();

for ( i=0; i

{

players thread reward_wait(); **If done properly, rewards would be given soon**}

}

reward_wait()

{

while ( !is_player_valid( self ) || **Possibly “!” meaning player isn’t valid or “rewardable” **( self UseButtonPressed() && self in_revive_trigger() ) )

{

wait( 1.0 );

}

Then when the “minigun powerup” aka death machines are given, it does not mention the reward. As a matter of fact it doesn’t mention reward again at all. This also may be the “undefined” in the previous paragraph rather than “Ann_response”. It almost looks like a downed player must be holding X or use, while another player revives him.

Now I’d like to make a few suggestions based on what we’ve seen in the event code. One the player with the upgraded thundergun may have to walk directly into the black hole and then fire, or be at point blank/aiming down sights to fire. Or my favorite theory of all, walk through the black hole without ever firing the gun at all. Sounds crazy I know, but here is my logic on this:

wait_for_combo( trig )

{

self endon( "death" );

self thread kill_trig_on_death( trig );

weapon_combo_spot = GetStruct( "weapon_combo_spot", "targetname" );

ray_gun_hit = false;

doll_hit = false;

crossbow_hit = false;

players = get_players();

array_thread( players, ::thundergun_check, self, trig, weapon_combo_spot );

while ( 1 )

The array thread defines what the players need to accomplish to set/clear the correct flags. Thundergun_check sounds a lot like “withholding the power”, or keeping the gun in check. The rest of my support for the thundergun suggestions are from this part of the coding.

if ( self GetCurrentWeapon() == "thundergun_upgraded_zm" )

{

if ( DistanceSquared( self.origin, weapon_combo_spot.origin )

{

vector_to_spot = VectorNormalize( weapon_combo_spot.origin - self GetWeaponMuzzlePoint() );

vector_player_facing = self GetWeaponForwardDir();

angle_diff = acos( VectorDot( vector_to_spot, vector_player_facing ) );

if ( angle_diff

{

flag_set( "thundergun_hit" );

RadiusDamage( trig.origin, 5, 1, 1, self );

Key items are distance from origin spot must be less than 90000 (vectors?), weapon muzzle point (aiming down sights?), player/weapon facing direction with 10 degree tolerance. Perhaps the player needs to go right up next to the gersh and ADS and then walk away. Or maybe if he shots it standing this close he will be the player that goes down and will be revived making players “valid” for reward. Notice the radius damage, seems to be significant.

I’m done making suggestions as to how, I for one hate getting my hopes up with every new theory. My main goal here was to bring some attention to what the code has laid out right in front of us.

I rarely get to play with 4 people as I have a brutal work schedule, usually play solo or split screen, so please please let me know if this stuff gets tested/disproven. Clearly I have a vested interest in seeing this puzzle through.

ive been thinking about what you said here but couldnt plr_num also mean "Platform Lunar (keyword which i dont know of) anyhow its the best thing i can come up with,so im hoping you can test this because you may need a downed ally and then use the lander and go up with him(just my guess)

teleport_target_event();

reroute_power_event();

sync_switch_event();

pressure_plate_event();

lander_passkey_event();

weapon_combo_event();

samantha_is_angry()

{

wait(6);

It becomes obvious that we have been performing the weapon combo event incorrectly. Further evidence is as follows:

kill_trig_on_death( trig )

{

self waittill( "death" );

trig delete();

{

}

{

}

}

soul_release( model, origin )

{

soul = Spawn( "script_model", origin );

soul SetModel( "tag_origin" );

soul PlayLoopSound( "zmb_egg_soul" );

fx = PlayFXOnTag( level._effect["gersh_spark"], soul, "tag_origin" );

time = 20;

model waittill( "death" );

level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_success", 9 );

level thread wait_for_gersh_vox();

soul MoveZ( 2500, time, time - 1 );

wait( time );

soul Delete();

wait(2);

level thread samantha_is_angry();

}

wait_for_gersh_vox()

{

wait(12.5);

players = GetPlayers();

for ( i=0; i

{

players thread reward_wait();

}

}

reward_wait()

{

while ( !is_player_valid( self ) ||

( self UseButtonPressed() && self in_revive_trigger() ) )

{

wait( 1.0 );

}

}

{

{

}

{

}

{

players = get_players();

The successful completion of this event hinges on which flags are set and how; I’m not claiming to know exactly how it is done, but these flags are crucial. Above you can see correlation between the “weapons combined” and “thundergun hit” flags and their earned responses by either Gersh or Ann. I am guessing that if certain actions were done differently the order of the code and the code itself would differ. Another significant line is the last one in that section. It says create and play dialog “eggs, gersh response, undefined, and plr_num” I believe the undefined should instead be “Ann_response”.

One more blatantly obvious code that assures us this isn’t the end is the section mentioning the player rewards. I will paste it one more time below so that I can type notes directly next to the code.

players = GetPlayers();

for ( i=0; i

{

players thread reward_wait(); **If done properly, rewards would be given soon**}

}

reward_wait()

{

while ( !is_player_valid( self ) || **Possibly “!” meaning player isn’t valid or “rewardable” **( self UseButtonPressed() && self in_revive_trigger() ) )

{

wait( 1.0 );

}

Then when the “minigun powerup” aka death machines are given, it does not mention the reward. As a matter of fact it doesn’t mention reward again at all. This also may be the “undefined” in the previous paragraph rather than “Ann_response”. It almost looks like a downed player must be holding X or use, while another player revives him.

Now I’d like to make a few suggestions based on what we’ve seen in the event code. One the player with the upgraded thundergun may have to walk directly into the black hole and then fire, or be at point blank/aiming down sights to fire. Or my favorite theory of all, walk through the black hole without ever firing the gun at all. Sounds crazy I know, but here is my logic on this:

wait_for_combo( trig )

{

self endon( "death" );

self thread kill_trig_on_death( trig );

weapon_combo_spot = GetStruct( "weapon_combo_spot", "targetname" );

ray_gun_hit = false;

doll_hit = false;

crossbow_hit = false;

players = get_players();

array_thread( players, ::thundergun_check, self, trig, weapon_combo_spot );

while ( 1 )

The array thread defines what the players need to accomplish to set/clear the correct flags. Thundergun_check sounds a lot like “withholding the power”, or keeping the gun in check. The rest of my support for the thundergun suggestions are from this part of the coding.

if ( self GetCurrentWeapon() == "thundergun_upgraded_zm" )

{

if ( DistanceSquared( self.origin, weapon_combo_spot.origin )

{

vector_to_spot = VectorNormalize( weapon_combo_spot.origin - self GetWeaponMuzzlePoint() );

vector_player_facing = self GetWeaponForwardDir();

angle_diff = acos( VectorDot( vector_to_spot, vector_player_facing ) );

if ( angle_diff

{

flag_set( "thundergun_hit" );

RadiusDamage( trig.origin, 5, 1, 1, self );

Key items are distance from origin spot must be less than 90000 (vectors?), weapon muzzle point (aiming down sights?), player/weapon facing direction with 10 degree tolerance. Perhaps the player needs to go right up next to the gersh and ADS and then walk away. Or maybe if he shots it standing this close he will be the player that goes down and will be revived making players “valid” for reward. Notice the radius damage, seems to be significant.

I’m done making suggestions as to how, I for one hate getting my hopes up with every new theory. My main goal here was to bring some attention to what the code has laid out right in front of us.

I rarely get to play with 4 people as I have a brutal work schedule, usually play solo or split screen, so please please let me know if this stuff gets tested/disproven. Clearly I have a vested interest in seeing this puzzle through.

ive been thinking about what you said here but couldnt plr_num also mean "Platform Lunar (keyword which i dont know of) anyhow its the best thing i can come up with,so im hoping you can test this because you may need a downed ally and then use the lander and go up with him(just my guess)[/quot

mabye we got this all wrong.mabye the thunder cannon COMBINES the energy generated from the 115 wepons? like,it (idk) converts the damage to energy.if so then the thunder is the finishing blow(like how you start with a combo and finish with a big hit) that might hint as for how it works,or it may not but i seen things stranger then fiction so good luck with that.

side note mabye after you finish powering the kissimir device try getting a downed team mate *takeo or nikolai* and revive them,as they seem to have some intresting thing about this map (takeo seeing the aleged"red orb" and nikolai responding to hyena"the reaper is here*)

also try reviiving them on the lunar landers or just reviving him(all this i understood from the info from this site so dont yell at me D:)

also i seen some teleporting sequences in your section there,so mabye after everyone gets the death machines try using gersh device(i dunno if its possible while holding) and it will need to teleport all 4 of you.perhaps there is something in the location you got teleported that needs the death machine to be used on.then again mabye you need to do as the machine tell you (ddeath machine=rack up those body counts :D)another idea just came to mind is what happes if you put some zombies into the mix :P mabye that will piss gersh off(hint hint) anyway,the screen shake is what bothering me in this hole kissimir project because there was clearly more the 8 steps in COTD so im guessing PERHAPS the matryoshka dolls are connected as they are clearly interacive.it could mean that you need to either shoot are interact with them.

these are my theorys,btw i heard that 3arch gave hints,i wanna know if it was about kino/ascension/COTD because i am confused about which is which