Elana Siegman - Abra Cadavre - Meaning discussion

Xieon

I'm surprised that I didn't see a thread about the meaning of this song, all the other ones had pretty clear meanings, and likewise I believe this one does too.

I will put the entire song lyrics inside quotes, then post my analysis below

Lyrics:

-Verse 1-

I can fly like a bird not in the sky

which can always swim and always dry

I say goodbye at night and morning hi

I'm part of you what am I

I follow and lead as you pass

dress yourself in black my darkness lasts

I flee the light but without the sun

Your view of me would be gone and

I can see the damage that

I am causing you is so benign

You want me to be gone

but I have just be-

-Pre-chorus:

Gun

I am the only one undone

I'm a broken miracle now

In your head

-Chorus-

I don't feel

Like I am real

But I know it's all imaginary

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

-Verse 2-

I am what men love more than life

Fear more than death or mortal strife

What dead men have and rich require

I'm what contented men desire

you want me to be gone

but I have just be-

-Pre-pre-Chorus 2-

gun

you will never know how far I've come

what goes up must always come back down

-Chorus 2-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

it's all inside my head

it's just inside my

it's all inside my

they're all inside my

I see them always but they're

all inside my head

all inside my head

they're all inside my

-Bridge-

head It's killing me

to see I'm killing you

death is magic say

Abra Cadavre now

you see me now you

don't cry when I am

gone

these shackles they come

with certain opportunities

they won't let me get away

but they show me we're the same

we're the same

we're the same

they show me we are the same

I can't give in

I won't give in

It's not a state of mind

I'm wretched but I'm powerful and

-Chorus 3-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

it's all inside my head

it's just inside my

it's all inside my

they're all inside my

all inside my head

all inside my head

they're all inside my head

I think this song is being sung from the point of view from Samantha/the Bear. I think it confirms my belief that there is a power struggle going on between Samantha Maxis, and whatever is taken the symbolic form of the Teddy Bear, be it a different demonic entity, a spilt personality of Samantha, or Sam is simply schizophrenic after her ordeal.

The only time that they are apart is when she's ''asleep'', when she goes to bed the other personality says goodnight, and is there to great here with hi in the morning. She cannot escape.

This one wasn't that easy, maybe I'm just not thinking clearly. The only answer I can think of is power. The only thing men love more than life, is power over others. People are often more scared of being taken advantage of, and would rather die than be slaves. The dead cannot feel, thus they can acquire a power that surpasses those with feelings, and the rich are constantly striving for more and more money with it comes more and more power. Finally the last line is paradoxical, as content men would have no desires, and shows that regardless of how content a man may be, the grass is always greener as they say, and there will always be more that men want.

these shackles they come

Samantha has been given opportunities by her shackles, but they come at a price. With the power she has obtained, or one could argue accessed the power she already had, she has lost her life. She can never escape the death, but that allows her all the time she wants to mess with the characters/zombies. This line shows the break down of Samantha, after a power struggle has ensued for a while, she has become brainwashed, she begins to in a Stocklholm fashion begin to feel that she is in fact exactly the same as the crazed demonic side.

Of course theres much more to this song, but you discuss

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that I didn't see a thread about the meaning of this song, all the other ones had pretty clear meanings, and likewise I believe this one does too.

Lyrics:

-Verse 1-

You want me to be gone

but I have just be-

-Pre-chorus:

Gun

I am the only one undone

I'm a broken miracle now

In your head

-Chorus-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

-Verse 2-

you want me to be gone

but I have just be-

-Pre-pre-Chorus 2-

gun

-Chorus 2-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

it's all inside my head

it's just inside my

it's all inside my

they're all inside my

all inside my head

all inside my head

they're all inside my

-Bridge-

head It's killing me

to see I'm killing you

death is magic say

Abra Cadavre now

you see me now you

don't cry when I am

gone

these shackles they come

we're the same

we're the same

I can't give in

I won't give in

It's not a state of mind

-Chorus 3-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

it's all inside my head

it's just inside my

it's all inside my

they're all inside my

all inside my head

all inside my head

I think this song is being sung from the point of view from Samantha/the Bear. I think it confirms my belief that there is a power struggle going on between Samantha Maxis, and whatever is taken the symbolic form of the Teddy Bear, be it a different demonic entity, a spilt personality of Samantha, or Sam is simply schizophrenic after her ordeal.

The only time that they are apart is when she's ''asleep'', when she goes to bed the other personality says goodnight, and is there to great here with hi in the morning. She cannot escape.

This one wasn't that easy, maybe I'm just not thinking clearly. The only answer I can think of is power. The only thing men love more than life, is power over others. People are often more scared of being taken advantage of, and would rather die than be slaves. The dead cannot feel, thus they can acquire a power that surpasses those with feelings, and the rich are constantly striving for more and more money with it comes more and more power. Finally the last line is paradoxical, as content men would have no desires, and shows that regardless of how content a man may be, the grass is always greener as they say, and there will always be more that men want.

these shackles they come

Samantha has been given opportunities by her shackles, but they come at a price. With the power she has obtained, or one could argue accessed the power she already had, she has lost her life. She can never escape the death, but that allows her all the time she wants to mess with the characters/zombies. This line shows the break down of Samantha, after a power struggle has ensued for a while, she has become brainwashed, she begins to in a Stocklholm fashion begin to feel that she is in fact exactly the same as the crazed demonic side.

There has been a discussion but apparently you never searched.

Also its "Elena Siegman" and the song is called "Abracadaver"

" as in cadaver being a dead body. Just pointing things out no trolling

Lyrics:

-Verse 1-

You want me to be gone

but I have just be-

-Pre-chorus:

Gun

I am the only one undone

I'm a broken miracle now

In your head

-Chorus-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

-Verse 2-

you want me to be gone

but I have just be-

-Pre-pre-Chorus 2-

gun

-Chorus 2-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

it's all inside my head

it's just inside my

it's all inside my

they're all inside my

all inside my head

all inside my head

they're all inside my

-Bridge-

head It's killing me

to see I'm killing you

death is magic say

Abra Cadavre now

you see me now you

don't cry when I am

gone

these shackles they come

we're the same

we're the same

I can't give in

I won't give in

It's not a state of mind

-Chorus 3-

I don't feel

Like I am real

Are they real

And do they feel

Is all the pain

Just inside my head

it's all inside my head

it's just inside my

it's all inside my

they're all inside my

all inside my head

all inside my head

these shackles they come

There has been a discussion but apparently you never searched.

Also its "Elena Siegman" and the song is called "Abracadaver"

" as in cadaver being a dead body. Just pointing things out no trolling

Typo's, I know the song title is a pun of abra kadabra, could be because I spelt it wrong I didn't notice it.

i dunno man....

as the zombie universe is encroaching ever closer to the actual black ops storyline i think this is hinting at a little more than the usual dead horse we've been beating for the past two years or so....

taken point blank, i think this sounds like an internal dialog shared by mason and the remorselessly violent imprint reznov's mesmerism and personality left upon him.

the song is a call and response question and answer session, but it seems like the real intent is justification, not vindication.

there nothing about being morally or ideologically vindicated of bloodshed, either from the listener or the speaker, likening them to be one and the same but there is a sort of grasp for at least justification on a personal level.

this is a purely internal monologue.

dreamland or not, i believe mason is on the verge of inclusion with the increasingly tangenial zombies/campaign story arc.

in mean... what the hell else is he going to think about strapped in front a wall of like the million television monitors we see at the main menu....

talk about theater of the damned...

and yeah....theater of the damned, someone is thinking what i'm, thinking here....

slight tangent, but odd how we have a setting in a cinema, then we have ascension laced with dozens of wizard of oz references, and now apparently we're about to have a full cast of film stars as talent for the next batch of characters....

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm?

i dunno man....

as the zombie universe is encroaching ever closer to the actual black ops storyline i think this is hinting at a little more than the usual dead horse we've been beating for the past two years or so....

taken point blank, i think this sounds like an internal dialog shared by mason and the remorselessly violent imprint reznov's mesmerism and personality left upon him.

the song is a call and response question and answer session, but it seems like the real intent is justification, not vindication.

there nothing about being morally or ideologically vindicated of bloodshed, either from the listener or the speaker, likening them to be one and the same but there is a sort of grasp for at least justification on a personal level.

this is a purely internal monologue.

dreamland or not, i believe mason is on the verge of inclusion with the increasingly tangenial zombies/campaign story arc.

in mean... what the hell else is he going to think about strapped in front a wall of like the million television monitors we see at the main menu....

talk about theater of the damned...

and yeah....theater of the damned, someone is thinking what i'm, thinking here....

slight tangent, but odd how we have a setting in a cinema, then we have ascension laced with dozens of wizard of oz references, and now apparently we're about to have a full cast of film stars as talent for the next batch of characters....

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm?

I would agree with the basis. The character has been fighting perhaps with themself, and by coming to the conclusion that they are in fact exactly the same as that of which they fear, they no longer fear it, but embrace it. Thus justifying all of their prior actions, as it simply could not be helped.

It's akin to killing someone for killing someone else, realising in doing so you're the same as the inital killer, then psychotically snap and start killing other people in the same fashion as the person you killed in revenge did.

Like I mentioned, it's also very much like Stockholm syndrome, which you could argue both Samantha and Mason have by proxy.

It's also similar to the large number of people who are sexually abused who grow up to sexually abuse others.

so it goes:

V1: I am Your Shadow.

PC: I am good for you/ doing limited damage to you

C: Miracle = Life

V2: I am Nothing.

B: You've accepted me.

V3: Our consciousnesses are merging.

the chorus in general states that "They" are imaginary.

so... who is the speaker and who is the listener? it seems that the listener is each of the four players. the speaker? sam? Gersch?

so it goes:

V1: I am Your Shadow.

PC: I am good for you/ doing limited damage to you

C: Miracle = Life

V2: I am Nothing.

B: You've accepted me.

V3: Our consciousnesses are merging.

the chorus in general states that "They" are imaginary.

so... who is the speaker and who is the listener? it seems that the listener is each of the four players. the speaker? sam? Gersch?

Pretty much, except it's more like you've accepted that you're just like me.

The chorus is the person trying to maintain their sanity by saying its all in my head, none of this is real, it's not happening.

It's Sam talking to herself, and is either a skitzo, had a personality split, or is talking to whatever incarnated the bear.

I think this part means "Nothing":

What do men love more than life? Nothing.

What do men fear more than death? Nothing.

What do dead men have and rich require? Nothing.

What do contented men desire? Nothing.

If i'm right, assuming that the creepy voice is Samantha's, she is dead.

And before you say "Everyone knew she was dead", look this page (CoD Wiki):

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Hellhound

Copied from the page:

"In hellrounds, if you listen closely you can hear whispering voices in the background. Confirmed in Black Ops.

It sounds like the voice might whisper "The girl is alive" which may mean Samantha is possibly still alive."

Copied from the page:

"In hellrounds, if you listen closely you can hear whispering voices in the background. Confirmed in Black Ops.

It sounds like the voice might whisper "The girl is alive" which may mean Samantha is possibly still alive."

And is a zombie queen/princess thing.

Copied from the page:

true that nothing fits for the description as well

• 3 weeks later...

I believe the speaker in the song is Sam indefinitely. In the game, Sam seems to have a way messing with everybody's mind. The listener is most likely Gersh but could possibly be Richtofen considering he locked her in the room with fluffy and both Gersh and Richtofen did something terrible that they will regret forever. Gersh was definitely driven insane by Sam. Richtofen could be having second thoughts about creating the zombies. This and Sam could be driving him to crazyness. I think Richtofen will end up killing everybody in the world trying to end the zombies due to his insanity. This could explain Der Riese. Richtofen was trying to end it at the source but was foiled when the teleporter malfunctioned. This kindof an "off-the-wall" theory but it might explain somethings to people.

If your reply is right after the one your quoting, does it really need to be quoted?

Anyway, I like this thread, I have been listening to this song and yes I get the impression that it is sung from Sams point of view.

The Der Riese accident created a Super being in Sam, Maxis, Gersch & maybe Clarke...

Men seek power, Sam is a intelligent entity in pure energy form (Ascension Anyone watch SG-1 Daniel Jackson's Ascension to a higher plane of existence?). Is this what has happened to the people who enter the Aether realm and become beings of pure energy?

Maxis opened a hole into this evil dimension with his experiments, what did he let loose that now holds Sam, Maxis, Gersche & Clarke? Personified by the evil bear as stated in above posts.

Regards Snake

• 1 year later...

you guys dont read much riddles, do u...?

I can fly like a bird not in the sky,

which can always swim and can always dry.

I say goodbye at night and morning hi.

I'm part of you what am I.

I follow and lead as you pass,

dress yourself in black my darkness lasts.

I flee the light but without the sun,

Your view of me would be gone.

its a riddle ive heard before the answer is your shadow.

and this part:

I am what men love more than life,

fear more than death or mortal strife,

What dead men have and rich require.

I'm what contented men desire.

this riddle is actually in a lord of the rings book. the answer to this is Nothing.