What's up with the Moon?

NukaColaClear

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you took Astronomy in school, then yes. Because the size of the moon never really changes from where you are unless you're actually going upwards towards it. At a stand still, the moon is always playing an illusion on your eyes that makes it appear to become bigger or smaller when in actuality it never changes size.

Difference in level could change the size, but it could also just be for cooler effects on the developers parts.

If you took Astronomy in school, then yes. Because the size of the moon never really changes from where you are unless you're actually going upwards towards it. At a stand still, the moon is always playing an illusion on your eyes that makes it appear to become bigger or smaller when in actuality it never changes size.

Difference in level could change the size, but it could also just be for cooler effects on the developers parts.

Im taking Astronomy at school :3

After school course, 2 years worth in 1 year = Tough stuff :o

Damn! Good luck, bud! That sounds quite horrible, but astronomy is amazing stuff.

Well, I am taking astronomy. But I've seen my fair share of Full Moons and Lunar Eclipses(About 380 something for both, yes I kept track since I was 6, it was a fun hobby.), and I don't remember seeing a moon THAT big. I've seen em' slightly bigger than the sun's sky size, but not as big as it looks in AScension.

Well, I am taking astronomy. But I've seen my fair share of Full Moons and Lunar Eclipses(About 380 something for both, yes I kept track since I was 6, it was a fun hobby.), and I don't remember seeing a moon THAT big. I've seen em' slightly bigger than the sun's sky size, but not as big as it looks in AScension.

I concur with most of that, but I must say, I have seen a moon about that size. Maybe it has to do with my location in the mountains, but I know that it can be that large.

I think the moon is bigger, I'm certainly no genius...

but maybe it's because the graphic for the moon.. was designed bigger?

Hahahaha ;) Im kidding... it's clearly just an ambience to the game..

As it certainly is not a 'current' new location, as that would mean reloading.. and I dont see treyarch getting into maps that have multiple loads based on where you are in the game.

At most, it's relevance to anything would probably be as it's own easter egg to spelling LUNA or hinting towards other possibilities in future maps.

But... it IS bigger because the graphic IS bigger... ;)

Yeah well the split screen thing is just lag reduction.

Split screen can lag like hell so they remove a lot of decorational feature from the maps to help out.

Correct good sur!! As you will notice between Split and Solo, the textures are also different... Pap'd guns look WAY sexier with Single screen ;)

It is to reduce the amount of info the Xbox is required to render @ once.... Helps keep the FPS smooth..

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy odd ball thought, but. Is it just me or does the light behind the quick revive look like the moon. I just happened to notice that behind the QR machine there is a lot of effort made to texture the wall that is bathed in light from the QR. Where as no where else on that wall does the texture appear to be raised.

I have only played Ascension a few times and have now deleted first strike so I cant go back and look. Dont realy want to bother dowloading it again as I prefer the older MP maps.

Yeah well the split screen thing is just lag reduction.

Split screen can lag like hell so they remove a lot of decorational feature from the maps to help out.

Alright, so explain why AFTER I've opened all three teleporters and have upgraded a gun or two, the moon is also not there, even on solo.

The moon is indeed bigger, much bigger, maybe they want to hint out that its a role in the story?

even in the small picture of the map (when you select the map in the nazi zombies menu) you can see the moon next to the rocket.

it all points out that the moon has something to do with the future maps. don't you agree?

PS: I sure hope not, I would get dissapointed if that's the new map. except they put a lot of work in it.

There's definately something up with that moon! I swear that friggin thing will change places during my matches! I'll see it behind the Flopper building, and the next thing I know it's by PAP or Stamin-Up. And then there's times where I can't see it all at first, and then I can see it clearly like 5 minutes later. Has anyone else noticed it or am I just losing it?

There's definately something up with that moon! I swear that friggin thing will change places during my matches! I'll see it behind the Flopper building, and the next thing I know it's by PAP or Stamin-Up. And then there's times where I can't see it all at first, and then I can see it clearly like 5 minutes later. Has anyone else noticed it or am I just losing it?

You're losing it. haha no kidding but i haven't noticed it yet. i'll let you know when i do. well there at least is something up with that moon!