just explored every digital inch of ascension

xcodesterox

With no clipping.. and had every weapon plus pap layed out on the ground..

There is 100% no ppsh, reaper, winters howl, winters fury, wunderwaffe dg-2, wunderwaffe dg-3.

There is no rooms to access, no secret landers, nothing extreme left to be found. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in march when ps3 and pc get the dlc, we might find an audio clip or two but.. we have ascended from darkness...

What's next?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, a little dissapointing. I really hope that they put more easter eggs and stuff with the PS3 and PC releases, because Ascension seems to lack that kind of stuff. [brains] for you.

Its not that Ascension lacks easter eggs, its that the main easter egg is anti-climactic. I doubt things will be dramatically changed with the release of the PS3 and PC versions. They might add a thing or 2 in the PS3 and PC versions but i dont see the Feb. 1 360 Ascension map being updated with anything dramatic. The only possibility i can see with the addition of new easter egg(s) is the completion of the lunar-lander eggs (HITSAM, HYENA) unless maybe that was all we where meant to do and those 90sec. DMs are our "award"

Also, did anybody try getting a monkey round and then spelling HYENA?

Maybe there is a connection between a monkey round (replacing dogs, or hyenas) and spelling the word HYENA.

It's like the fly trap all over again, accept this time instead of playing hide and seek, and being rewarded with harder levels... You get to do obnoxious objectives to get a reward of 90 sec. of death machine. It was nice however having all the radios, adding depth into our community. Also, i got the gersch device from the box playing as richtofen and he said "I love this future."

Could that be implying that there is different storys?

There is 100% no ppsh, reaper, winters howl, winters fury, wunderwaffe dg-2, wunderwaffe dg-3.

There is no rooms to access, no secret landers, nothing extreme left to be found. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in march when ps3 and pc get the dlc, we might find an audio clip or two but.. we have ascended from darkness...

What's next?

I would like to agree with you but it is one of those things that cannot be conclusively be proved by just using no-clip. I mean if you have used no-clip you should already be aware that there are section of the map that do not render even when you are right next to them, yes?

Now I would like to see a comparison test of sorts before I can take the no-clip argument seriously.

How about you no-clip a level from W@W such as the Campaing level "Little Resistance" where the Ray guns appear. I would be willing to lay a small bet that the statues under the map are not visible using no-clip until they are activated by the trigger.

If I am correct this alone proves that no-clip cannot be relied on to find Easter Eggs unless Treyarch have decided that there is something they want you to see. Seriously think about it, are you suggesting Devs would not have guessed the community would try everything they could to find all the secrets.

This is the Egg I am talking about, worth a Watch.

FiDXV8nyYVo

What's next?

I would like to agree with you but it is one of those things that cannot be conclusively be proved by just using no-clip. I mean if you have used no-clip you should already be aware that there are section of the map that do not render even when you are right next to them, yes?

Now I would like to see a comparison test of sorts before I can take the no-clip argument seriously.

How about you no-clip a level from W@W such as the Campaing level "Little Resistance" where the Ray guns appear. I would be willing to lay a small bet that the statues under the map are not visible using no-clip until they are activated by the trigger.

If I am correct this alone proves that no-clip cannot be relied on to find Easter Eggs unless Treyarch have decided that there is something they want you to see. Seriously think about it, are you suggesting Devs would not have guessed the community would try everything they could to find all the secrets.

FiDXV8nyYVo

He speaks truth.

To be honest, I think the Anti-Climactal Death Machine easter egg is just a message from Treyarch to tell us to stop delving so deeply into the hidden messages. To stop looking for stupid hidden meanings in glowing lights, and random letters. Just to enjoy the gameplay experience they're giving us, and to stop looking too far into it.

Just my two cents...

What's next?

FiDXV8nyYVo

Good point.

Did anyone ever record what the guy is saying as the ray guns come out of the ground on little resistance.

It sounds like whatever he is saying has been reversed.

I have read a few places that the the wunderwaffe was the dg-1 i don't believe they gave the PaP dg-1 a new number. I do know that the dg-2 and dg-3 ARE the thundergun/zues cannon and ray gun/2x ray gun. i forgot which is which but I've read it a bunch of times and I believe on of the characters emntions the thundergun as maxis's dg-03 the doctor that starts with the r, the one from the past who is looking for immortality.

To be honest, I think the Anti-Climactal Death Machine easter egg is just a message from Treyarch to tell us to stop delving so deeply into the hidden messages. To stop looking for stupid hidden meanings in glowing lights, and random letters. Just to enjoy the gameplay experience they're giving us, and to stop looking too far into it.

Just my two cents...

Why did u Guys Over look him he speaks Real Truth Just Play and have fun, yea the story is Cool and all and i wanna find it too but come on people just chill and put another game in Like Come on

I have read a few places that the the wunderwaffe was the dg-1 i don't believe they gave the PaP dg-1 a new number. I do know that the dg-2 and dg-3 ARE the thundergun/zues cannon and ray gun/2x ray gun. i forgot which is which but I've read it a bunch of times and I believe on of the characters emntions the thundergun as maxis's dg-03 the doctor that starts with the r, the one from the past who is looking for immortality.

dg-2 and dg-3 are the wunderwaffe play der riese. and since when have any of the characters been looking for immortality

What's next?

FiDXV8nyYVo

fantastic post.

for example, were you (OP) able to locate the buttons which appear beside the perk dispensers (where you all have to press them at the same time)??? they must reside somewhere, albeit invisibly.....

ergo, there could be more than no-clipping reveals

Not ENTIRELY true.

The Thundergun is the DG-3

No. The DG-3 is definitely just a PaP'd Wunderwaffe DG-2.

So then explain something for me smart one?

When I was playing as Richtofen on Kino and acquired the Thundergun from the box, Richtofen called it the DG-3.

If I remember correctly, he said something like "Oh Maxis, is this the DG-3? The DG-3 you've been hiding from me?"

So just to clarify:

The DG-2 = Wunderwaffe

The DG-3 = Thundergun

The Ray Gun = Not a DG Wonder Weapon

Not ENTIRELY true.

The Thundergun is the DG-3

No. The DG-3 is definitely just a PaP'd Wunderwaffe DG-2.

So then explain something for me smart one?

When I was playing as Richtofen on Kino and acquired the Thundergun from the box, Richtofen called it the DG-3.

If I remember correctly, he said something like "Oh Maxis, is this the DG-3? The DG-3 you've been hiding from me?"

So just to clarify:

The DG-2 = Wunderwaffe

The DG-3 = Thundergun

The Ray Gun = Not a DG Wonder Weapon

:facepalm:

answer me this, why then does the PaP'd wunderwaffe become the WunderWaffe DG-3 JZ? you should try using some better evidence other than the quotes like the actual names of the weapon.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Wunderwaffe

answer me this, why then does the PaP'd wunderwaffe become the WunderWaffe DG-3 JZ? you should try using some better evidence other than the quotes like the actual names of the weapon.

Says the man using a WIKI PAGE. DG-3 is the thundergun per the character sayign so. Also the ray gun is a wonder weapon (you can check the wiki page :lol: ) and is part of the DG series. Its part of it because it USES ELEMENT 115 TO WORK. THATS WHAT THE DG SERIES IS ABOUT.

Says the man using a WIKI PAGE. DG-3 is the thundergun per the character sayign so. Also the ray gun is a wonder weapon (you can check the wiki page :lol: ) and is part of the DG series. Its part of it because it USES ELEMENT 115 TO WORK. THATS WHAT THE DG SERIES IS ABOUT.

i got lazy and felt like not actually going out of my way to get the name of the weapon

if you want better stuff play der riese upgrade the wunderwaffe guess what you get :o