You may be paying for cod online in the future!

thehoodedman

Ganeinformer:

Preveiw:"Project Beachhead absolutely is charging for multiplayer," Pachter said. "I'm certain to my core. Activision said they are working on 'value added, premium content that is exclusive. How do you exclude people unless you do it on the basis of whether they pay or not? What are you going to have a bouncer in front of the club where you play the content? The only way it's exclusive is if it excludes non-paying members."

Link:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/11/pachter-says-activsion-wants-to-charge-for-call-of-duty-multiplayer.aspx

G4 Preveiw:

"Activision said they are working on 'value added, premium content that is exclusive,'" Pachter said. "How do you exclude people unless you do it on the basis of whether they pay or not? What are you going to have a bouncer in front of the club where you play the content? The only way it's exclusive is if it excludes non-paying members," Pachter added.

"Project Beachhead absolutely is charging for multiplayer," Pachter said. "I'm certain to my core."

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... chter.html

Well if this does happen and it looks like it of what Patcher says. Will you pay for cod online.

And for owners of the xbox whats your opinion on this if you have to pay considering you pay for online already.

Whats your opinion on this. Is Activision a big evil corperation or A gentle butterfly, or is Patcher a crazy mad man who just hates people?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how the game is and what the content exactly is compared to what is standard. As of right now, the answer is yes I will pay, esp. if it weeds out the quitters, whiners, annoyers, cheats ect., oh and can't forget the little prepubes that scream and curse all night long. I didn't mind what first strike cost at all. Now if it has to do with the free to play CoD, then I'll have to see it first.

If they did make it pay to play then I think Xbox won't have to pay because we already pay enough as it is. In my opinion they should just make playstation pay. :P[/quote

If said happens then we all will have to pay wether or not you pay for online. But Microsoft could negotioate a better deal for xbox players, but only if M$ dose not want a slice of the pie to.

Ganeinformer:

Preveiw:"Project Beachhead absolutely is charging for multiplayer," Pachter said. "I'm certain to my core. Activision said they are working on 'value added, premium content that is exclusive. How do you exclude people unless you do it on the basis of whether they pay or not? What are you going to have a bouncer in front of the club where you play the content? The only way it's exclusive is if it excludes non-paying members."

Link:http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/02/11/pachter-says-activsion-wants-to-charge-for-call-of-duty-multiplayer.aspx

G4 Preveiw:

"Activision said they are working on 'value added, premium content that is exclusive,'" Pachter said. "How do you exclude people unless you do it on the basis of whether they pay or not? What are you going to have a bouncer in front of the club where you play the content? The only way it's exclusive is if it excludes non-paying members," Pachter added.

"Project Beachhead absolutely is charging for multiplayer," Pachter said. "I'm certain to my core."

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... chter.html

Well if this does happen and it looks like it of what Patcher says. Will you pay for cod online.

And for owners of the xbox whats your opinion on this if you have to pay considering you pay for online already.

Whats your opinion on this. Is Activision a big evil corperation or A gentle butterfly, or is Patcher a crazy mad man who just hates people?

*facepalm*

Activision has already stated that they will never, ever make people pay for Call of duty Multiplayer.

• 3 months later...