Your strategy? (ASCENSION EDITION)

aegisknight

So far, I've found 3 pretty solid places to hang out, a 4th that isn't quite as good but can still get the job done.

SOLO:

Immediately buy the M14, slash around the 1st room until round 3. Open the outside, go to the 1st lunar pad place and collect points until I have about 7000 (don't remember the exact number). On the pad, run in slow circles, I've been able to collect the maximum spawn number of zombies fairly quickly and just cap them at my leisure. As soon as I have enough points, run all the way up to Speed Cola room and buy the Sickle. Then collect 3,500 more points, turn on the power and buy juggernog.

Continue hanging out on the 1st pad until monkeys come, cut 'em up with the knife (waiting in 'nog room). Once they're dead, start playing the box until I win HK or RPK, with an assault rifle as the primary. Keep doing the same pad strategy.

This alone is a solid strategy, but I also like to pick up Speed Cola, Quick Revive, and Stamin-Up whenever I have time, open up the other doors and launch the rocket, and keep playing the box until I get the other Machine Gun and the Gershk (?) device. Once the rocket has launched, I go to the launch pad and instead run circles around that room (I think there's a bit more space). Once both machine guns run out of ammo, I throw a "device", and Pack-A-Punch one of them (not both, I'm always just waiting for a Max Ammo). If both run out, I can always just wait until I have the max spawn, then just run out of the area to find the box/wall guns.

MULTIPLAYER:

Buy the M14 right away, hang out in the 1st room until everyone is ready to move. Regardless of the path the team chooses, try to get outside and to the same pad as before ASAP, repeat strategy up to Sickle. Now depends on what your team wants to do: in addition to the 1st lunar pad area and the inside of the rocket, the area with a lunar pad past Stamin-up is also a great place to run circles. Preferably, the team splits in half, with one group (2 or 3) at the 1st pad and the others (1 or 2) at the other pad. This way, if one team goes down, they can crawl onto the pad to be revived by the others (doesn't work as well if the pad isn't with the downed team, but it works at least 1/2 the time)

These strategies aren't very complicated, but they sure do work. What do you guys do?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

multiplayer: go pistols only jacking points by 5 shots and a knife to zombies, letting them in occasionally to gain max ammos or other powerups. use grenades if there are too many at the window to handle with just a knife. once everyone gets around 6 or 7 grand, leave a crawler and go thru the bottom floor to the power room and turn on the power. everyone grab ONE weapon from the box and hold the power room for another round or two. then, open doors and connect the landers, launch the rocket, and pap your m1911s to get Mustang and Sally. then, hold the alpha lander at phd with one person at the phd window, one at the balcony window, and 2 at the main stairwell with the lander ready to evac. switch places every round or so to conserve ammo and spread points evenly, always leaving a crawler or two per round to repair windows, hit the box for a wunderwaffe and/or paping it. when things get hairy, book it in the lander to home then up n out toward junkyard and start lander hopping. but, if all 4 people are present, one can lander hop by staying at home and hitting the lander again, randomly shooting to a different lander position.

note: mustang and sally require phd flopper to negate splash damage.

note 2: Flopping the stairwell to lander alpha will conserve alot of ammo later in the rounds. just be sure to flop in a clear area away from the zombies or you risk landing on thier heads, negating the flop and killing you.

note 3: designate people to go to certain perks during monkey rounds to avoid perk loss.

update: in the late 20's onward, ammo supply is going to become a problem. However, I found that if you herd the zombies together on the alpha pad and the launch site, you will still get to "max spawn", so you will have enough time to run between the two points and repeat the cycle.

The MPk5 is between the two, so grabbing that could solve your problems. If you don't pap it, you can rack up a ton of points. This might not be a bad idea because I've found that you don't quite make the 4.5k necessary to buy ammo for it each time, and so you'll be operating at a loss.

Multiplayer only, since I don't really play solo:

Rounds 1-4 camp in the centrifuge room doing the pistol for max points trick.

Round 5-7 camp in the room with the Stakeout and the first random box.

Round 8-12 work on getting the landers and the PaP and a bunch of points.

Round 13 spam the random box for a Ray Gun, Gersh devices and, if possible, Thundergun.

Round 14 buy jugger-nog and fend off the monkeys to gain new perk.

Rounds 17+ camp in the PhD flopper lander location.

It works pretty well for me until people start freaking out about no ammo and try to get power-ups from the bottom of the stairs. One person goes down, and the rest fall like dominoes.

stay in the start untill it gets too crazy, get your back to quick revive door untill zombies are close then open door and buy mpl off wall, kill zombies, backing yourself up to doors untill last second then opening to reduce the amount of zombies spwaning in new area.

save a crawler once on top with box, and spin till u get good stuff. then get to lander pad by phd and have 2 ppl watch 2 side windows and ppl watching stairs. keep the 2 watching the stairs in a row on the side of stairs so zombies run up in single file and headshots are easy.

high rounds past 35ish. u should herd with ur buddies theres some good spot on the map for it. once zombies are maxed begin to merge your hordes into one 24 zombie horde and thundergun or trap, remember to shoot them lots with lmg;s for points. ray guns kill but not big money makers for trap running.

once out of ammo completely throw your gershs one at a time. taking all 24 zombs at once hoping for max ammo.

monkeys are a pain.. RAY GUN and jump when they jump.

I never understood why people like the ray gun so much, I'll happily switch it out for an assault rifle at the box. However, I will admit it is useful on this map for dealing with the monkeys, but the Sickle seems to do the job pretty well too.

It also seems to get much easier the more people who go down, when there are 3 or 4 people in one place, the zombie's targeting gets screwy and their movements become harder to predict. If there are only a few people in each spot, you can herd them together easier and pick 'em off at your leisure. When I was playing yesterday, I went down and lost my guns in the 20's, but the rest of my team went down at the beginning of the next round. So I was on my lonesome, but even with no ammo I was able to get the maximum spawn, herd into a group, and just walk through the level picking up a couple wall SMG's and juggernog without too much of a problem.

However, I found that if you use the strategy of moving between herd points, the stream of zombies gets pretty thin, so you have a long column instead of a dense group when you get to the new point. With this in mind, when you enter the PHP pad, only circle counter-clockwise, since that gives you the option of trying to break through the stream at the opening, or just jumping off the metal catwalk if its too thick.

The stream got thin for me because of how I was forcing ammo; since I wanted the SMG from the juggernog room and the MPK5, I would run from the PHPpad through the start room and then back up through 'nog to the pad. Doing so meant that the group following me was having to jump down the catwalk in the first room, apparently one at a time, greatly spreading them out (making them harder to kill). Since this isn't the case when running between the PAP room and the PHPpad, I don't think its a problem.

Of course, between the two points is also a fire trap, which I used more than once to kill off a max-spawn horde.

I've found that with high level monkeys, its going to be nearly impossible to kill them with traditional means. So unless you know something I don't, the best bet is to just let 'em take the perks, then lead them into traps, and grab more 'nog at the start of the next round.

For this strategy, dealing with the monkeys is fairly simple. At the end of the round before you think monkeys are coming, call the lander to the pad near Speed Cola. This shouldn't be too hard, since you're able to call it back to wherever you want to use it if the monkeys don't come.

But when they do, simply assume all your perks are lost, trying to defend them is not likely to end well. Once the monkeys are out for your blood, herd them as you would any other zombies, and head for Stamin-up. Activate the fire trap to kill them all (if some don't die, just do the same thing again, the important thing is that you end at Stamin-up). As the round ends, grab the max ammo and have everyone buy stamin-up.

Immediately run back down the alley and into the start room. If you want quick revive, buy it as you pass, but just keep moving up the stairs. Buy juggernog as you pass it, and keep climbing. Don't bother shooting any zombies at this point, it will only slow you down. Go all the way through, past the power room, and up to speed cola. Buy it, and get everyone onto the pad. As soon as the horde catches up to you, take off.

Since they were on their way up, they will now be their way back down the building towards you. This means you exit through the upstairs, activate the turret (why the hell not at this point), and go your separate ways (depending on your preferred spots). The full horde should not have been killed at this point, so they should be grouped together in the building, moving between the Speed Cola and the start room. This should give everyone plenty of time to move from the split point just outside the door leading outside to get wherever they want to go without any real problems, with the added benefit of the stream of zombies being reasonably split between the groups as well (so you aren't hit with the full force at once, only just as many as you normally would be at the beginning of a round).

Keep in mind that getting Stamin-Up is vital to this strategy, or else you won't be moving fast enough for everyone to be able to buy the perks before the horde catches up