Ascension is in the present day?!

kenan2104

Ok, so i was on ascension and i heard several remarks by nikolai and dempsey

nikolai said 'i better go update my facebook page!'

dempsey said 'Speed dating again eh, Richtofen?'

hmmm interesting right? but anyway i don't know if these are just funny quirks to make you laugh or actual easter eggs and btw nikolai said the facebook quote at the PaP machine where every character tells an easter egg right? so anyway give your thoughts guys and brains if you want!

Thanks!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake and gay well not really f&g but no there are mear jokes to keep a younger population happy so while fighting zombies they made a facebook page ?

ok by younger population are you meaning the whiny 10 year olds that play CoD? serious ok in all my years of gaming i have never once encountered a gamer older than 35

my comment made no sense XD

Yeh i dont think it would be present day...

Although im now thinking Acensions takeover by zombies happend the same time as FIVE, i don't have much proof although one of the red phones plays JFK's "Beans for the chowder" which; just like in Shi No Numa, you could hear the marines from Verruckt fighting when listening to one of the radios in the swamp. People believed the events of the swamp and verruckt where happening at the same time.

So with the red phone playing JFK's quote and a quote i heard when playing ACENSION with Richtofen last night "Hmm this future is an interesting place" something along those lines if not exactly that, this makes me believe that our characters have possibly travelled from:

Der reise (WAW)>> forward in time too >> Kino >> then however they escape from kino and end up on the Lunar pad which drops them in ACENSION.

I believe the zombie maps from WAW went in storyline order they then time travelled from Der Riese to KINO which makes me think all B.ops zombie maps are al happening in the same time frame.

Next up? Who knows.. Moon?, America?

Guy above me did you look above you or just post? Like the other guy said all the people making and or designing guns would be zombies. And I have heard people say each person says the facebook quote except richtofen which we could have just not heard yet. Also have we checked facebook for their pages? Just wondering lol it wouldn't be the first time a game developer created a fake facebook page.

if the dreamland theory is correct, then the events of verruckt and shi no numa is not the same, i thought it wuld be but then again this is just a theory, in verruckt there were 4 soldiers , one of those soldiers is Tank Dempsey, now if the dreamland theory is correct, then no its not the same time, Tank is in shi no numa, after the events of Verruckt possibly, they were kidnapped and put in a lab for testing. ( i said probably because theres a whole different thing going on) all 3 tank, nikolai and takeo are being tested, and all of the zombies are a dream, shi no numa, der riese, kino der toten, possibly five. and Ascension.

now on another theory, erasing the whole dreamland theory, yes they could be in the same time line. the reason why there are written stuff on the wall is because the people who traveled in time are trying to write notes on the wall to prevent them from time traveling. because its like a tape recorder, you play it, then rewind it and play it again, they are in a time loop that they cant get out of. that is why the CLOCK in DER RIESE is broken, ( keeps rewinding back and never leaves the 10 second mark or 5 second) AND the reason why the zombie rounds never end. so yeah. hope this helps. ( credits to the 2 people who made the theories)

Der Riese WaW= 35

Shi no numa BO= 27?

Der Riese BO= 27?

Kino der toten= 27

Five= 27 no glitch

Ascension= 27

haha all 27s xD

This is taken from my own thread from my own site

we still don't know much about Ascension despite all the Easter eggs found far, and even despite us knowing its based of Baikonur Cosmodrome.

First of all i will start with what we do know (And what can only be compared with real life counterparts) as you know, Treyarch like to use real world events and twist them into the nazi zombie story. so this is the whole basis of this post

We know the Russians were sending Rockets into space.

We know the Russians were in competition with the Americans to built their craft (Space craft / shuttle) First, indicating my timeline for Ascension to be correct, as it would indicate the Cold Was Space Race. which was Between 1957 and 1975

So Baikonur is set inbetween this timeframe imo, so i will go into more real life details, and try to extrapolate the correct timeline in zombies (this is only going by real world information and based of Kinos Timeline)

1957 to 1975

In the cold ward space race alot happened, but i have narrowed the time down even further due to Kino Der Toten. in Kino Der Toten The Fernsehturm Tower was still under construction, and the Construction period for The Fernsehturm was between 1965 and 1969, this is the timeframe in which we play in kino

so from 1957 to 1975 we now get the dates shortened to

1965 to 1975

with 1965 being the earliest we could arrive at kino. so this is the new timeframe in which Ascension is Placed.

now this is where narrowing it down becomes hard, The Russians are in competition with America in building the Craft (which i believe is space Shuttle), so what do we focus on, First space shuttle into space? or First Space Shuttle to go to the moon?

i will need time to go through all the data, but for now (before i go to sleep) im going to leave you with a date

December 21, 1968, i believe Ascension is set before this date for sure.

7/2/2011

ok back again, i mentioned the date December 21, 1968 yesterday, which was important day for america

After launching on December 21, 1968, Apollo 8 took three days to travel to the Moon. It orbited ten times over the course of 20 hours. so this is why i believe Ascension is before this time, based on the Space Race referencing in the Radio transmission

however even going by real life events, there are some inconsistencies with everything, like the rockets, im 95% sure the rockets are Soyuz rockets, specifically model 3 Soyuz rocket on this graph

it was either a choice between model 1 (The international Space Station model, or the Commercial version which is number 3 on the list) i have compared the rockets down to these too ingame, and am 90% sure its the Commercial model. mainly because the ISS was only constructed between 1998 and is scheduled for completion by late 2011, which puts it being the ISS model completely out the window.

looking at the timeframe of the Soyuz Rockets (pictured above) we get the starting year 1966

The Soyuz first flew in 1966, and was derived from the Voskhod rocket, it was a member of the R-7 family of rockets. It was a two-stage rocket, with four liquid-fuelled strap-on boosters clustered around the first stage, with a Block I second stage.

so based on this information, we can narrow it down (In theory) to

1966 to 1968

Guy above me did you look above you or just post? Like the other guy said all the people making and or designing guns would be zombies. And I have heard people say each person says the facebook quote except richtofen which we could have just not heard yet. Also have we checked facebook for their pages? Just wondering lol it wouldn't be the first time a game developer created a fake facebook page.

the guy who stated that the gun designing and making would cease also said that the zombie outbreak started around the 40's meaning we would be using guns from the 40's rather than the 50-60's, so that means ascension isnt in the present day

map pack was released and on the map "stadium" there are signs with 1972 on them, why would they have the multi player date of 1972 and not ascension? so would ascension be set in 1972?
Zombies is not in the same period as the main game... otherwise we would be fighting zombies even in multiplayer...

I checked Facebook and it appears they have a Facebook page. Still trying to determine if they are legit or just someone having fun

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Tank-Dempsey/179588822078491

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Edward-Richtofen/188655721155224

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Nikolai-Belinski/196146010412285

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Takeo-Masaki/174827972562131

About Takeo's page, doesn't look legit but the others not sure about yet..