Emblem Tools for Black Ops [iOS App]

cmlewis

Hey all I am the developer behind 'Emblem Tools for Black Ops' the iOS emblem creation application.

Here is a youtube demo I made using the app. If you check my channel I have recently posted a video of the newest update coming out that features a much improved color picker.

sebptbgpPpg

If you have any bug reports, questions, suggestions, or anything else feel free to contact me.

iTunes link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emble...ps/id412843648

I will have a fresh batch of promocodes when the update gets accepted, if you have any means of promoting the application, send me a message, I could give you a promo code.

Let me know what you guys think! :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update released v1.1

Demo:

FI2N7K3j62A

Updates: Full color selection, new color picker, new layer deletion methods, multiple bug fixes.

Next update ideas: Fine tuning control on rotation and scale (extra element that will help you get just the perfect angle or size), Search feature for emblem picker by name, more save slots, more saving options.

Looking forward to any more suggestions/complaints you may have so I can continue to improve the experience.

Nice!

I was waiting for something like this :) .

In the next updates I'd like to create the full callsign with my name, the rank...

And I think that the emblem choose can be made faster to do (or my ipod is slow :D dunno).

Ah, what about special pre-made emblems with tutorial?

I'd like Faces, ps3, xbox and wii (and wonderweapons!) as my emblems! ;)

And I'd like to change background too, because simetimes it obstacles your wiew.

Last thing: endless rotation and scaling.

These are only suggestions, your app is so good.

All the emblems, colors... Good work! :D

Nice!

In the next updates I'd like to create the full callsign with my name, the rank...

And I think that the emblem choose can be made faster to do (or my ipod is slow :D dunno).

And I'd like to change background too, because simetimes it obstacles your wiew.

Thanks for all the feedback man I really appreciate it!

I really like your suggestions man, and I can see working some of them in. I understand the background issue and taking it into consideration. What exactly do you mean by endless rotation? The rotation covers the full range. Also what do you mean by " Faces, ps3, xbox and wii (and wonderweapons!) as my emblems" I do not follow. :)

Thanks again for your feedback.

Nice!

Thanks for all the feedback man I really appreciate it!

I really like your suggestions man, and I can see working some of them in. I understand the background issue and taking it into consideration. What exactly do you mean by endless rotation? The rotation covers the full range. Also what do you mean by " Faces, ps3, xbox and wii (and wonderweapons!) as my emblems" I do not follow. :)

Thanks again for your feedback.

For endless rotation I mean that would be nice to restart from the beginning without having to rotate all the way in the opposite direction.

In the second part I was talking about how it would be beautiful a emblem creator tutorial to make faces, a ps3....

Ah, nice update! Now no more crashes!

For endless rotation I mean that would be nice to restart from the beginning without having to rotate all the way in the opposite direction.

In the second part I was talking about how it would be beautiful a emblem creator tutorial to make faces, a ps3....

Ah, nice update! Now no more crashes!

Ah I understand, yeah I like your idea, I can see maybe changing the scale and rotation to a different sort of slider, would involve a lot more code but I can see it being done. Idea being: When you slide the the slider to the left it rotates the emblem continuously to that direction, and depending on how far down the slider you rotate it tweaks the speed of the rotation. Whenever you let go it snaps to the center and ends the rotation. So for fine tuning you would hold the slider close to the middle and wait to let go. This would take quite a bit of testing and in the end it could end up not being as useful as it sounds when implemented, but I may play around with it. ;)

Will you make a n android version?

I am currently looking into coding the application for the android OS, I am not sure how soon it will be done, but I am definitely looking in to it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, thanks for all the feedback so far it is much appreciated.

I am currently attempting to fix all the ghost bugs that users are reporting but I cannot recreate. I attempt to make the application crash using the same methods reported but am unsuccessful on my own devices.

If you have ever experienced a crash using the application or can readily recreate a crash on the application I need your help to fix it. I really wanna to eliminate these bugs, but since they evade me I need your help to find them.

One bug several users have described is one where the application will crash upon reaching page 13 on the image picker view, or crash on any page for that matter. If you are experiencing this bug I need your help asap.

How to obtain your crash reports: LINK.

Please email me the reports: email (click the image)

You can also have them automatically sent to apple using their system, and I will receive them there. So far I have not received a single crash report, this system is very slow and seems like it doesn't even work. (please send them to me directly)

PS: next update is almost done, it includes the "fine" tuning sliders that will allow you to get that perfect placement. preview.

• 5 weeks later...

Update released v1.2

Demo:

JxgNU4Yu1Po

Updates: NEW Precision Rotation/Scaling modes, new emblem picker, many bug fixes.

Future update ideas: Search feature for emblem picker by name, emblem picker sorting by type/name/etc, more save slots, more saving/export options.

Thanks for all the feedback and support guys, looking forward to any more suggestions/complaints you may have so I can continue to improve the experience.

• 6 months later...

Emblem Tools for Black Ops v1.3 released!

ftpzLcwD-EI

Updates:

New features:

-Options menu (Cog wheel)

-Duplicate layer feature (button next to layer title)

-Remember last picker page option

-Precision Arrows for Fine Tuning (options menu) scale/rotation

-Precision Arrows for panning/movement (press and hold 'options Cog' to toggle)

-Copy to clipboard feature in Save menu

-About and How-To pages in options menu

Fixes:

-Many bug fixes

-Performance increase

• 4 months later...

Sale! Free for a limited time!

I know this application is terribly old, and not many still play black ops, but even if you don't I am sure you enjoyed making emblems and sharing them with your friends. Be sure to pick up the app while it is on sale for free to check it out. If you end up enjoying it, please think about leaving a review, that would be awesome. :)

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/emblem-t ... d412843648