-

DYZFUNCTI0NAL

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good topic, I had a look around that room myself and there is a lighting glitch that happens in a certain spot when looking at the power boxes on the wall next to the stairs. You need to be on the ground floor to see this

I posted a topic about Discovery that no one seemed to hear

viewtopic.php?f=60&p=65182#p65182

So I will make it plain and simple, the description for the Discovery map says

"Unlock the mysteries of this abandoned WW2 German research station in Antartica."

So maybe, just maybe there is an EE to be found in Discovery?? :D

Not only this but there is also a poster showing red arrows signaling an attack or movement from Canada (or the northern arctic pole) to the United States, might mean something with the Canadian mention in one of the radios on Ascension, plus Discovery is based off of the campaign mission were you infiltrate a Wunderwaffe program, similar to Der Riese. Maybe it was 935?

Also there are some other items from zombies you don't see in other maps except for Firing Range which was also rumored to be another zombies map location. But then again Launch doesn't have any zombies items or hints and it turned out to b Ascension. Oh well we will have to wait and see :D

Not only this but there is also a poster showing red arrows signaling an attack or movement from Canada (or the northern arctic pole) to the United States, might mean something with the Canadian mention in one of the radios on Ascension, plus Discovery is based off of the campaign mission were you infiltrate a Wunderwaffe program, similar to Der Riese. Maybe it was 935?

Also there are some other items from zombies you don't see in other maps except for Firing Range which was also rumored to be another zombies map location. But then again Launch doesn't have any zombies items or hints and it turned out to b Ascension. Oh well we will have to wait and see :D

nononononnonnono....we canadians built the rocket america used in the space race...beacuse we are awesoeme

Could just be recycling some models

Yes it is very likely they are recycling previous models as that is how maps are generaly built, rather than make new textures for each map.

However I believe you are missing the point entirely, we had EE on Nuketown and the hint was given by Vahn on I believe GTTV. I also believe there is talk amongst the community of an EE on Summit, though no-one has been able to confirm where that info came from. I am sure I remember Vahn or someone else even indicating that there was a way to launch the rocket early on "Launch" but to be honest I dont fancy trawling through trailers to find that info; if it does exist at all.

Now here for the first time we have a huge hint actually in game and not some clue that was released in a trailer that has long been forgotten that one of the maps in BO MP1 has mysterys to be solved.

Please go and look at the map description in game for all the BO maps and then check out how differant the description for First Strike "Discovery" is.

""Unlock the mysteries of this abandoned WW2 German research station in Antartica."

I have yet to see this info posted elsewhere so you have a chance to find something before this ends up all over youtube and information gets FUBAR.

Here is the map BOT mentioned in his post.

As you said there are certain things that tie in with the campaing level, there were three A4/V2 rockets in the ship stuck in the ice from memory. The ones containg Nova gas to be launched at America.

On a side note I really like the Northern Lights (Aurora) that they put in on the Dome. Nice touch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(astronomy)

Edited due to an unexusable lack of geographical awareness :lol:

That's not Greenland, its part of Canada. I believe they are called the Baffin Islands I could be wrong about that, but its definately not Greenland.

Oh bless silly me, I am blaming this on BOT programming me, always typing in green. I will edit my post now. Thanks for pointing out my mistake nicely :lol:

That's not Greenland, its part of Canada. I believe they are called the Baffin Islands I could be wrong about that, but its definately not Greenland.

Oh bless silly me, I am blaming this on BOT programming me, always typing in green. I will edit my post now. Thanks for pointing out my mistake nicely :lol:

I'm sorry I should have looked at a map before I said Canada. Maybe this is where Discovery is located or at least the crashed Ship from campaign with the V-2 Rockets and the NOVA Compound? Greenland... Arctic.... came thing? And sorry about the green font thing just kind of stuck with me lol

Haha the green stands out a bit better than white text. Well I am surprised, or am I? that this thread looks as though it might be dead!

As you say BOT it would make sense if the map showed the location of the ship stuck in the ice, I mean to say the map is from campaing itself and was a reused texture for the "Discovery" map.

I seem to remember the intel might have mentioned the location of the ship, I will have a look now and update tomorrow if I find anything.

I would love to see a UFO in this map lol, does anyone have any thought on what this mystery might be?