Need A CoDz Server

carbonfibah

I think that since we have to share a server with other sites we need our own. We get quite a bit of traffic now and the site keeps going down because we are hogging the server.

So I am looking into buying a dedicated server. These can be kind of expensive, but it will be better then paying for hosting I suppose.

Anyway so ya let me know what you think, if you know anything about dedicated servers please feel free to post some advice, suggestions, etc...

If we get this going I will be adding a new tier to CoDz for ViP's.... people who pay a subscription and will get all kinds of benefits. This wiill help pay for the server. I don't mind paying some, but I would like to have see some members donate to help cover it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They are expensive, like 200 a month or more for what we really need. I have a few old computers, I am going to look into getting them fixed up and able be used as a server. I will set it up at home and run CoDz off my own dedicated server.

I don't know when this will happen, but that is my plan to help take the weight of all the new traffic since our host clearly cannot.

Damn, I didn't realize the site was that big. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong. As soon as I get a job I'd be happy to help you out, but I guess saying, and doing are two different things.

Ad's won't help anything nor is the traffic or bandwidth itself the problem. It is the site taking up room on the host's shared servers. Since multiple sites share CPU usage, we get restricted when we use too much when we get busy.

So I am getting my own server so that when we get busy we don't get slowed down or restricted because of it. Since we don't have to share with any other sites.