۩۩ Casimir Mechanism = Gersch Device? + More ۩۩

BlackOpsTiger

-I was inspired to create this thread based off of a post I made over HERE:

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=415420&p=4635171#p4635171

at the CoDHQ.

-I apologize if anybody has already discussed or noticed this but I wanted to inform you guys of my thought and expand on possibilities of why exactly the Casimir Mechanism may be VERY important.

-I know this is just a game, but the backstory is almost just as fun. So please excuse me if my theories get a little wild here :mrgreen:

-At the very end of this post is a direct copy of my response when somebody asked my thoughts on what the Casimir Mechanism may be.

- Basically by looking at what the Casimir effect is we can see that in theory and Science fiction it is very possible it can create a "Black Hole" or "Wormhole" by creating an inbalance of gravity altering the effects of the "Space-time" region where it weighs less than nothing, causing travel that is faster than light itself. The typical Black Hole we all know about.

-And if we take a look at it in Black Ops this is used by the Gersch Device. For gameplay purposes it takes you to a random spot on the map when you jump through it, almost instantaneously. But this only lasts about 10-15 seconds and only takes you so far.

-Let's say that Gersch was trying to develop a device for the Ascension Group (current 935 Group) that would allow for an "portal" to the moon (where 115 exists) to earth and vice versa.

-Why wouldn't this be possible? Well maybe it was. Maybe this device was completed but requirements weren't met... or Samantha didn't want them to be.

-To create this would mean a huge amount of power (Might explain why the generators get sucked into the black hole?) along with a lot of scientific advances.

-This could have also been used as an alternative if the rocket failed (Maybe the easter egg means something?)

-Now I understand the space race and all. But what if the Ascension group knew the Zombie Apocalypse was to begin? And they needed this portal to escape earth and to the moon where there might be hope.

-Well, I have a theory that Samantha may be controlling the Zombie horde in some way and perhaps halted the progress of Gersch's work by trapping him in whatever he was trapped in and when you free him she is enraged.

-Why is she mad? Well she wants revenge on Richtofen of course for killing her and her father. She does this by trying to kill Richtofen and the others and will do anything she can to accomplish this.

-There is also more about the Ascension group that we don't quite understand. I think it was for way more than the space race...

Thank you for listening 8-)

-Well, I personally think it is a device that uses something I learned about a little in High School and back in College, called the Casimir Effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

-But how could it be used in Zombies? Well think about it this kind of effect is very complicated and really is hard to understand unless you study this stuff extensively or are a rocket scientist, get it? I kid I kid

-But I think that because of what looks to be some kind of "Wormhole" device that could stabilize a region of negative-mass (weighs less than itself, basically) creating a stabilization allowing travel faster than the speed of light.

-Of course this would cause instability on anything that weighs more than nothing (everything) causing it to pull towards the center of gravity while the device is working.

-Sound familiar yet?

-So assuming we all can agree this is the Gersch device or something similar to the Gersch Device seen in Black Ops we can at least know how it works and what kind of research the Ascension group had to do to get stuff like this to work.

-We can also predict what other devices might have been used or created to travel to the moon (where element 115 existed) in case the rocket launch failed (maybe why you are able to blow it up upon launch?)

-Maybe as a kind of backup "portal" to escape earth if needed. Which makes me think that the Ascension Group knew what was coming...

and deathfromabove yes I do agree with you

-BlackOpsTiger

-BlackOpsTiger / Jared

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The project that Yuri was working on - Mercury.

The rumored Red Mercury is the fuel for the Bell.

The Bell might have been the engine of the Vriel (Nazi UFO).

Canadiens were building one similar flying craft in 60s. Very murky story (look it up at wiki).

So Gersch's group was building an UFO and at the same time a rocket (using different Nazi wonder weapon projects as a base) - the race was on for the best payload delivery mechanism.

Yuri understood that this powerdrive could be used for direct teleportation (as did Maxis and his group).

Very nice thread! Braind for you [brains]

If you could explain the Cassimir effect in more detail, I would greatly appreciate it. Stuff like that intrigues me, but nobody is willing to teach me anything lol

Sure I'd be glad to try and explain it in more detail. but what do you want to know about it? It's use in real life? Its use in Black Ops? (Which would be the Science fiction Black Hole bit) or something else lol, have to be a little more descriptive. And thanks for reminding me about Project Mercury almost forgot Gersch was apart of it. So he was involved in a lot of areas, hmmm he seems to be getting more and more important. I'm also going to look more into Ascension and the Campaign and maybe other maps to see if we can get mroe of an idea on who he is.

Actually thinking about it more. The Casimir mechanism took a lot of power and steps to even activate. and it ends up being a "potral" that freed Gersch's "soul" or ghost or whatever it was. According to Treyarch's coding it was his soul.... interesting.

So maybe this means that they did get the Casimir Mechanism up... or someone did and it is a "wormhole" to another location or maybe even dimension? Also, it requires 115, from the weapons, and a children's toy the dolls. Starting to think Samantha helped create the Casimir Mechanism and can use it to trap victims in whatever dimension she is in...

:P

-BlackOpsTiger

Apparently, Aether is what you need to go through when you teleport. Now it seems, that teleportation is possible because of the Casemir effect. Casemir effect basically allows to open a worm hole from one place to another (=teleportation). But if this place is layer A and that place - is layer B, what is in between?

This has been part of fiction for a long time - just look at some of Lovecraft's work, Event Horizon movie. In my oppinion, Event Horizon is the closest to what is going on in zombie storyline.

So, to conclude. Teleportation is possible by going through the wormholes in physical plains (layers, whatever). But it's what between these layers that is the most interesting thing - this Aether, Limbo, Hell, Nothingness (or Somethingness:)?). And it's where Sam is, where she can reach everything and everyone.

Oh, it also very convenient for all time travelling, thta's going on in the game. Because different places AND times can be accesed through these wormholles.

Apparently, Aether is what you need to go through when you teleport. Now it seems, that teleportation is possible because of the Casemir effect. Casemir effect basically allows to open a worm hole from one place to another (=teleportation). But if this place is layer A and that place - is layer B, what is in between?

This has been part of fiction for a long time - just look at some of Lovecraft's work, Event Horizon movie. In my oppinion, Event Horizon is the closest to what is going on in zombie storyline.

So, to conclude. Teleportation is possible by going through the wormholes in physical plains (layers, whatever). But it's what between these layers that is the most interesting thing - this Aether, Limbo, Hell, Nothingness (or Somethingness:)?). And it's where Sam is, where she can reach everything and everyone.

Oh, it also very convenient for all time travelling, thta's going on in the game. Because different places AND times can be accesed through these wormholles.

Yeah I'm sure whenever people teleport it allows Samantha to do "something" whether it be harm the person teleporting or allow her to do something, we don't know.

but what I want to know is how she got in there. Perhaps when she was locked in the room with Fluffy and Dr. Maxis she went through a teleporter and got stuck. But if that's true, why doesn't everyone else? Very strange. Also, of she is in another dimension how can she tell what's going on outside of it and control the zombies "Match" Oh Treyarch, will you ever just give us a straight answer lol

When one teleports, one passes through the Aether. I would think there must be points of entry and exit - like a tunnel (wormhole). In the game teleporters are always linked. That's why the players don't get stuck (but earlier Maxis's experement subjects did).

Now Sam somehow managed to get stuck and then find a new life there. Experiments with teleportation open a hole to the Limbo/thin the reality plane, so she is able to manifest. It's just like that story by Locecraft, when guy messing with a device that allowed to see Aether got killed by beasts that are always around people but can not harm them until they cross the threshold of our demesion (I wish I could remember the name of the story)...

• 2 weeks later...

-I remembered something else today relating to the Casimir Effect. There is also the chance of it describing "Free-energy" or "Zero-Point Energy".

-Which can in-turn theoretically describe anti-gravity propulsion systems.

-So I hopped on google and searched around some trusty sources but that only turned up scientific results most of us couldn't understand. But I started looking around more and found this: http://www.alien-ufos.com/computers-ast ... simir.html

-Now I understand that because it is based on an alien-ufos board it cant really be a "trusted source" but we can at least listen to what they are saying. And it kind of does make since. Plus they point out more about the Casimir effect which I did look up and most of it turned out to be true and possible.

-If anybody knows Nick Cook and his book "the hunt for point zero" you will know all about The Bell and UFO's trying to be created by the Nazis. Now I want to point your attention my thread over here: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/view ... 53&p=70123

-so knowing this and that the device can not only open a gravitational field but it can also cause an instability and reversal in gravitational pull causing an antigravitational propulsion system, perhaps we can conclude that the Russians were not only trying to perfect travel through Black Holes.

-But this may be tehcnology stolen from the Nazi's back in 935 at Der Riese or other places taken to try and perfect UFO's or new types of aircraft. We know they stole the technology and attempted to. So perhaps it is possible? Maybe we will find out more in Map Pack 2 when we go to the Ural Mountains where they were building the aircraft? ;)