Operation Ω - "Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice"

mallen23

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Operation Ω

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*WARNING, THIS TOPIC DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS RELATING TO THE BLACK OPS CAMPAIGN*

*EDIT* 11th Feb 2011

Hey guys, just notifying you that the topic/thread has been renamed: Operation Ω - Solving the Mystery Man Egg. (originally: Step Ω: The next step to the Mystery Man Egg?)

(I think it's fitting seeing as Ω = end, and I for one want to find the end to this easter egg!)

Have a good one! Mallen.

*EDIT* 23rd Feb 2011

Hey guys, major breakthrough! Check out my most recent post for details: Page 2, Post 46 (you will know which one it is once you get to it :P). There are two major threads/links that I want everyone to read and go watch as it is essential.

I'll try and keep this thread updated as much as possible, however with University starting up in the next week, it may only be once or twice a week, but I will make an effort to! :)

Also, the thread name has been changed again! Operation Ω - "Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice".

Take care, Mallen

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD TO SEE HOW THINGS HAVE DEVELOPED FROM THE ORIGINAL POST AND SO THAT YOU ARE UP TO DATE! THANKYOU :)

ORIGINAL THEORY/POST

Hey guys/gals, I decided to make an account after reading the many theories on this website about the possible completion of the latest Ascension Easter Egg dubbed "Mystery Man", so I can make my own contributions to the effort in potentially solving this easter egg.

Before I start, for the people that don't know, Ω = omega

Anyway, I have seen a theory about relating the steps taken within the easter egg (as well as general steps taken within a game of Zombies) to the steps contained within the Campaign mission Vorkuta. These steps are as follows:

1. Secure the keys.

2. Ascend from darkness.

3. Rain fire.

4. Unleash the horde.

5. Skewer the winged beast.

6. Wield a fist of iron.

7. Raise Hell.

8. Freedom.

(NB: not all steps for the easter egg have been linked back to these steps, at least from what I have seen)

Now think of this, in the mission Vorkuta (which contains the above steps for the first time), at the end of the mission Mason achieves step 8, whereas our comrade Reznov, does not. "Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice..." - Reznov.

What I propose, is that there is a step missing from the original 8. It is not necessarily Step 9, however an overall sub step contained throughout the original 8. I'm going to call it Step Ω: Sacrifice (so it isn't unnamed).

If you apply this to the original steps above, and the theory that the steps are related to the easter egg it becomes clear that at some stage a possible sacrifice may be needed in the continuation of this easter egg.

So overall, the theory being proposed here is:

The steps contained within the Black Ops campaign are related to the steps taken for the Mystery Man easter egg. However, they are possibly not in the correct order and there is a step/sub-step missing from the original 8, Step Ω: Sacrifice. The theorized steps are as follows:

1. Secure the keys.

2. Ascend from darkness.

3. Rain fire.

4. Unleash the horde.

5. Skewer the winged beast.

6. Wield a fist of iron.

7. Raise Hell.

8. Freedom.

Ω. Sacrifice.

(NB: may not be used in that order, think of it as a checklist more than a set of sequential steps)

Now, if Ω is the next step to be completed/ticked off, what needs to be done to do so? It could be one of a few things and the existence of the downed zombie players have left to do this easter egg may be the key to this.

Perhaps in order to complete Ω, a number of players (1-4) needs to be downed by the zombie all at once (so one gets downed, then another etc) or one at a time (so one gets downed, then picked up, then another player is downed etc). The reasons why I propose this are:

- It fits the description of Sacrifice (like how having the Death Machine fits the description of Wield a fist of iron, following the theory that the steps are related)

- I haven't seen anyone get downed during the 90 seconds of having the Death Machine

- I recall a glitch on Five that when a player was downed with the Death Machine and then revived, it lasted for an unlimited amount of time (highly unlikely that this were to happen in doing so)

- I want to contribute something, even if it does get debunked, we've eliminated a possibility.

So if a group of people are keen to try something new, Ω: Sacrifice may be something to try.

CURRENT Ω OBJECTIVE: DETERMINING WHETHER STEP Ω, SACRIFICE, IS THE NEXT STEP, IN CORRELATION WITH wonderboy_3856s THEORY.

- What to test: During the section of the easter egg in which you shoot/throw the weapons into the Gersch Device, have the person with the PaP Thundergun go as close as they can to the Gersch, and ADS and shoot and see whether they goes down.

Key items are distance from origin spot must be less than 90000 (vectors?), weapon muzzle point (aiming down sights?), player/weapon facing direction with 10 degree tolerance. Perhaps the player needs to go right up next to the gersh and ADS and then walk away. Or maybe if he shots it standing this close he will be the player that goes down and will be revived making players “valid” for reward. Notice the radius damage, seems to be significant.

Ω OPERATIVES

This section is for anyone that is looking for players to test Ω theories with or just to play games of zombies. These players are frequently on, so send them a message (or friend request) saying: "Seeking Omega Operative" and see if you can get a team together.

- iG_x_Monster

- Console/PC: Xbox 360

- Gamertag/PSN ID: "W H I T L 0 C K"

NB: If you would like to be an Omega Operative, leave a reply below stating: "Requisition: Omega Operative" along with the appropriate details (same format as above).

Ω

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go exploring because even with Death Machines, we were still getting swamped, but I actually did this Easter Egg the other day with some friends and once we got back to our camp spot, one of my friends ended up going down. Sadly, the extended time of the DM resulted in him going down. We had a crawler and whatnot and traveled around the map to hit the box and all that jazz, but overall I never really noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Just my two cents. :3

I didn't go exploring because even with Death Machines, we were still getting swamped, but I actually did this Easter Egg the other day with some friends and once we got back to our camp spot, one of my friends ended up going down. Sadly, the extended time of the DM resulted in him going down. We had a crawler and whatnot and traveled around the map to hit the box and all that jazz, but overall I never really noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Just my two cents. :3

There are a few possibilities here, firstly that being downed didn't do anything and this theory has been debunked already, or secondly that it did do something but the effect of it was overlooked, or thirdly the character that was downed was the wrong character (might be specific in who gets downed) and that another character or characters need to be downed. Without actually trying this theory instead of stumbling across sections of it accidentally, it would be hard to eliminate the possibility of it being the next step as there are several different combinations that can be used. Ie you may have to have 3 players get downed, and have the fourth revive them all or have 2 get downed and have the other 2 revive them.

I was thinking that if that is the case, then it would most likely be Richtofen (seeing as he is in the space suit) or Nikolai seeing as we're at a Russian launch site as they are the characters that differ the most, or are at a place that is somewhat home to them.

Do you remember which character was downed at the time?

HERE TRY THIS, i head that "After you get the Death machines you walk straight out the door and to the left will be two holes with a repair sign. Behind that is two tubes attached to a generator. You go behind that and shoot it with DM. It will move and get attached into holes. After you shoot it there is another earthquake and sam laughs? Trying to figure out what to do next and i will try to keep you updated! The red phones are now making the wind noise. Pressed all phones and got instkill then sam laugh"

try this after this what happens.

HERE TRY THIS, i head that "After you get the Death machines you walk straight out the door and to the left will be two holes with a repair sign. Behind that is two tubes attached to a generator. You go behind that and shoot it with DM. It will move and get attached into holes. After you shoot it there is another earthquake and sam laughs? Trying to figure out what to do next and i will try to keep you updated! The red phones are now making the wind noise. Pressed all phones and got instkill then sam laugh"

From what I have seen from others on the forums, this method doesn't actually work. If you can provide a video, or even pictures as proof I will reconsider my statement.

From what I have seen from others on the forums, this method doesn't actually work. If you can provide a video, or even pictures as proof I will reconsider my statement.

As to randyll13 - that was already proved wrong many times so please help by informing people that is in fact: not true.

To mallen23 - [brains] for you for kindly telling him! People have freaked out at reposts at that and you're the first one that hasn't! :)

I was reading something on the forums a few days ago and stumbled on a few videos, I don't know if you've seen them but in the videos there is a man reading all the files of the characters. Now what shocked me was the fact that Takeo had a date of death on his file? maybe that has something to do with your sacrifice theory. Ill try and find the videos and post them for you. Also there was another file in the bunch with a picture of a man blacked out and under name they called him "the handler" maybe a new character?

I was reading something on the forums a few days ago and stumbled on a few videos, I don't know if you've seen them but in the videos there is a man reading all the files of the characters. Now what shocked me was the fact that Takeo had a date of death on his file? maybe that has something to do with your sacrifice theory. Ill try and find the videos and post them for you. Also there was another file in the bunch with a picture of a man blacked out and under name they called him "the handler" maybe a new character?

Awesome! If you do find those videos, be sure to post them here to keep people updated.

From the sounds of it, it is quite possible, the only problem is do we have a date for when Ascension takes place (or at least a rough estimation)? That way if it is Takeo that dies (Ω), we can at least check the dates to somewhat confirm it in the story line and then test it in a game of zombies.

I found the videos, I want to point out that even though these videos may seem odd at first watch all three the documents look way to well made to be fan made and it states that they were made with in conjunction with the creators of black ops.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxL-6jGWbm4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf12MVXb4WY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmZS1Ea6XAQ

Let me know what you think, remember look at Takeo's file he is the only one with a date of death.

I found the videos, I want to point out that even though these videos may seem odd at first watch all three the documents look way to well made to be fan made and it states that they were made with in conjunction with the creators of black ops.

Let me know what you think, remember look at Takeo's file he is the only one with a date of death.

Nice find! [brains]

From what I saw, the date that Takeo's death was 12/08/76 (correct me if I'm wrong). So now all we have to do is track down the date that Ascension takes place. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

As a test (just to pass time on this), if someone is going to try this method, try and get Takeo downed by the zombie you left from the round, and let him bleed out (try killing the zombie before Takeo bleeds out as well, that way you have Death Machines for the start of the next round, seeing as it will be 3 people holding off against zombies that would usually be up against 4 players, it will work as an advantage).

Also, to anyone else that has seen the video, did you notice anything else in the 3 videos that may be key to this easter egg?

You're correct on the date, sadly I was unable to find what date Ascension is set at. I have read a few different remarks about these videos, all of them say pretty out there ideas like sam kills Takeo off or that the zombies finally get to him or that he is the least favorite character and people are wanting him kicked off the game and someone new brought in. I did find several stories from people who said the same idea though, that someone being either Sam, Maxie, or another person who was Maxie's boss are telling Richthofen to kill off the others because the experiment was a failure. I personally think there are more people behind this then just Richthofen and Maxie, there bosses pr whoever got them together on this have to have some take over in this, I think this person known as the "Handler" is ment to go in and fix this failed experiment or have some part in this.

You're correct on the date, sadly I was unable to find what date Ascension is set at. I have read a few different remarks about these videos, all of them say pretty out there ideas like sam kills Takeo off or that the zombies finally get to him or that he is the least favorite character and people are wanting him kicked off the game and someone new brought in. I did find several stories from people who said the same idea though, that someone being either Sam, Maxie, or another person who was Maxie's boss are telling Richthofen to kill off the others because the experiment was a failure. I personally think there are more people behind this then just Richthofen and Maxie, there bosses pr whoever got them together on this have to have some take over in this, I think this person known as the "Handler" is ment to go in and fix this failed experiment or have some part in this.

I think the "handler" is someone that came within direct contact with the 115 element.

Dude, very nice theory. I had thought of all the steps being linked to the Easter Egg a few days before anyone posted something on the forums, guessed I missed my shot.

If anyone does try this with Takeo, and it doesn't work, why not getting downed in order of the Matryoshka Dolls exploding?

Like, if Takeo comes out as the first doll, have him get downed and then revived. Poping out of the doll = Being downed and exploding = Being revived. Then the same for the next three.

Does anyone have the order that they pop out of the doll and explode?

Dude, very nice theory. I had thought of all the steps being linked to the Easter Egg a few days before anyone posted something on the forums, guessed I missed my shot.

If anyone does try this with Takeo, and it doesn't work, why not getting downed in order of the Matryoshka Dolls exploding?

Like, if Takeo comes out as the first doll, have him get downed and then revived. Poping out of the doll = Being downed and exploding = Being revived. Then the same for the next three.

Does anyone have the order that they pop out of the doll and explode?

Thankyou :) and to answer your question I am not too sure, if we could get someone to record one exploding in HD and then slow it down to observe I'm sure it would be possible. Just a matter of doing so.

Those videos are made by the same guys that made the "GKNOVA0/henry langham" story.

So sadly, they are just fan made. =/

Those videos are made by the same guys that made the "GKNOVA0/henry langham" story.

So sadly, they are just fan made. =/

Do you know if they were working in collaboration with Treyarch on this at least? Or are we back to square one on this theory? :/

VIDS ARE FAKE!!! VIDS ARE FAKE!!!! LOOK WHO MADE THEM!!!!! PLAYTHEGAME.CO!!!!!!

I'm unfamiliar with them, would you kindly fill me in on them and provide proof to your claim?

PlayTheGame.co is Salad Man (Henry Langham/GKNOVA0) who has been confirmed as a fake noob fan looking for attention by JD2020.

GKNOVA0 is fake, btw.

Ookey we now know this is fake...but id still like to tell those who ask what time ascension takes place. I think it takes place the sametime Five takes because you can find red phones that you can sometimes answer. And there is one of the characters in 5 talking.

Your right, sometimes when I'm playing I hear Nixon when answering the last red phone. You may be on to something with it being the same time frame as five.

Okay so I'm relatively new to the COD franchise. And have recently got an xbox (first new console since PS2 8 yrs ago) and I'm terribly obsessed with figuring this thing out. Unfortunately I do not have a team, nor time to dedicate but I wanted to add a thought to this sacrifice theory.

I read somewhere (can't re-find it) that energy was needed for the 8th step, not "power"; when the monkeys explode they release energy. I don't know if it's even possible to survie it, but what about letting the monkeys steal all the perks and then kiteing/hording them into a group and capturing them with the gersh device? Possibly following them with a couple zeus cannon rounds to kill them.

I don't know I could be way off, but wanted to add some perspective.