Generator, 2 Hoses, Tools Symbol - The next step? (Pic)

yourmapper

I saw this quote from xlol12345x on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIae8XzpQVM

"After you get the Death machines you walk straight out the door and to the left will be two holes with a repair sign. Behind that is two tubes attached to a generator. You go behind that and shoot it with DM. It will move and get attached"

I started up a game and checked it out. It sounds possible that this generator is the next step in the Mystery Man process, or at least some easter egg that hasn't been discovered yet.

The only thing that doesn't make much sense to me is the idea that the DMs would somehow move a generator around the ground if you shoot it. But something's got to move it!

Here's an image with some arrows to point out important things:

Blue arrow: the detached generator

White arrow: one of 2 detached hoses (the other you can't see in this pic)

Red arrow: where the two hoses should be connected

Green arrow: the 'Tools' sign that is around the map (must be for something!)

Purple arrow: a spotlight illuminating this as something important

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My team and I invested this theory a ways back. There is another generator by the lunar lander on the other side of the door with a hose on the back, same hose in the starting room, and up by the ladder outside the PAP room. We tried hitting x to pick up the hoses, throwing a gersh inbetween the hose and the wall in your pic, shooting the generator with the DM's, and just looking for random hoses to possibly connect with no luck. Good luck in your search. I'm curious to see if we missed something. ;)

I like the theory and my Team mates and i tried it last night, however to eliminate one possibility..

You can NOT shoot at with with the 90 Second Death Machines, to move it over..

We shot at everything in that room, trying to make those hoses connect... EPIC FAIL..

Maybe upgraded TG to push it.. However I still hold very firm in the idea that post PS3 release

a hotfix or patch will be about to allow the completion of the easter egg.

Alright, too bad the DMs didn't move it, but it was worth a try. Thanks and debunked!

Maybe the upgraded Thundergun, I'll try that out. Though it still seems to me that the generator is placed in such a way in the game that it really looks like it won't move at all.

Has anyone tried shooting the centerfuge with the 90 sec DMs? Now sure what could happen there, but maybe something.

Hey JuggernautSoda, I don't think you can use a Gersch device while holding the DM, so that won't work.

I also too think that a possibility is that they will hotpatch it with something new that works. Maybe they didn't think people would get through all the steps so fast and didn't have time to finish the end before launch.

Idea.... Anyone try to shoot the power switch with the DMs? Maybe it kills all the power again and raises the all the dead for some final epic round?!

I like the theory and my Team mates and i tried it last night, however to eliminate one possibility..

You can NOT shoot at with with the 90 Second Death Machines, to move it over..

We shot at everything in that room, trying to make those hoses connect... EPIC FAIL..

Maybe upgraded TG to push it.. However I still hold very firm in the idea that post PS3 release

a hotfix or patch will be about to allow the completion of the easter egg.

i was there and we tried everything :/ and post something about us not needing the crossbow upgraded

Hey JuggernautSoda, I don't think you can use a Gersch device while holding the DM, so that won't work.

Not True. Have someone cook a Gersch right after the orb starts floating into the air, then throw it right before/right as you get the Death Machine. I cannot try anything right now as my Black Ops disc has a crack in it, so I cannot play. (Unless someone will give me thier Black Ops disc? Doubt it...)