Five part of zombie story line because of Ascension?

Didier337

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it is. I'm not saying it's not...just not believing it. Everyone knows that with zombies Treyarch puts alot of easter eggs in their maps now; whether it's related or not. Until i see hard evidence that "Five" is somehow relevant to the storyline, I will dismiss that map. I still think it is just an extra map that Treyarch threw in to keep us busy until the first map pack came out seeing as how SO MANY people are fanatic about zombies and that an constant replay will bore easily.

P.S. The pentagon thief is not Clarke. again refer back to my easter egg comment. it is not unusual to reuse some character models and characteristics to save on memory

If it is related, then there is a big gap in the storyline. How EXACTLY does "Five" fit in? We go from an abandoned weapons research facility in Germany to an abandoned theatre in Germany to the Pentagon half way across the world?

So what if there is a teleporter in "Five"? Ever since the thought of teleportation, civilization has been fascinated by the idea. The same can be said about space travel ever since the story of the Chinese person that strapped rockets to his chair and supposedly went to the moon. Again, refer to easter egg comments. As far as I'm concerned, everything is hearsay until some concrete evidence is presented linking it to the other maps.

Yes the USSR was working with 115. The meteor landed in their back yard! and the USA took it for study to Area 51. So we know that 115 causes reanimation/zombification, that means that most if not all of the country is turned into Zombieland due to the fact that Element 115 is being held clear across the country in Nevada. That's pretty far from Virginia.

Now don't be hatin'. This is purely my opinions and thoughts.

Not everything story related has to be directly linked to the story of Richtofen, Samantha and Maxis.

You've acknolodged how there is 115 in America. There are various thing around 'Five' proving they are researching the technology used within the main story. This IS solid evidence that 'Five' is part of the story, just indirectly and, possibly, completely irrelevent.

The only map that has nothing story-wise is 'Nacht Der Untoten' and Treyarch even managed to put a tiny bit of (confusing) story in that in the loading screen on Black Ops!

I don't think Five revelled much about the story, only that the Pentagon were looking into the 935 Group's creations. There weren't may subtle easter eggs, except perhaps the disassembled parts of Der Riese littered around, but they did little to tell us anything.

If anything Five was a "sneaky peek" at the future, the main gang (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtoffen) may yet progress toward that time.