HITSAM & HYENA

Telixion

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a thought:

maybe 'luna' should be treated like an 'enter' key. doing nothing before luna initiates the default sequence of events, but entering in something else, then doing luna will initiate something else.

kind of like you have to hit 'rlogin' to activate a different server.

Thats what I tried the first time and it did not seems to change anything. Some one needs to post the continuation of the code. In the code that was posted here already the lines that check for HYENA and HITSAM don't do anything at all. But there is a line that suggests the events are continued in another segment of code. Anyone who is able to get that code should post it.

-Alright, me and my friends did all the way up to the 7th node with just luna and got to the Death Machine for 90 seconds but we figured that was the end of the "luna" ptathway so we restarted the match but then died before spelling Luna.

-Then we did another match and got to where we spelt out "luna"

-I then remember we need to find out what Hitsam and Hyena do. Hit Sam when separated of course means to Hitsam in some way. Hyena was referenced to World at War in Der Riese like Telixion previously stated.

-So we were going to spell out Hyena next to see if anything would happen, but one of my friends said he read on a forum that nobody noticed anything different afterwards.

-But I said maybe we would find something new, and I don't know if we did. But after we spelled out Hyena and we landed Nikolai said something along the lines of "The Reaper is here" or something, it was very slurred and the lander was making a lot of obnoxious nice, but I'm sure it's somewhere in the sound file. Sorry if this isn't new, but I have a theory.

-My theory is that "The Reaper" is the upgraded PPSH. Like we see in World at War. There have been theories about it appearing in the box, but how?

-I think that the "Grim Reaper" bloodstains on the wall may have something to do with it. Perhaps we open a "portal" with the Gersch device near these stains on the map, or maybe we open a portal near them and shoot the thundergun, crossbow, dolls, etc. near these portals and it will suck in the blood stain on the wall or open a door somewhere?

-Or maybe just cause the weapon to appear in the box. Maybe, just maybe it will appear in the Pack-a-punch machine because they reference to the PaP'd version of the gun?

-Their are many possibilities and my friends and I will be trying to find some things to get it or find out Hyena. Please feel free to post any suggestions we or others can try or any other finds that you get out of this. This is very fun :D I just hope it's possible now and we don't have to wait for an update :lol:

i was thinking about hitsam then i suddenly had an idea: HITSAM=Hit Sam(antha) ? :P so maybe we've to hit her or something :ugeek:

im glad you figured out that HITSAM means hit sam. congratz on that hard little riddle cracking.

:facepalm:

lol at ur sarcasm, i think we all figured out what hitsam ment the second it was mentioned

*shrugs*

Or maybe while on the lander he was just announcing his landing as if it was a battle cry...

Maybe you're right though, but really if nothing else occurred other than that audio clip, I would think it more so backs up my thoughts on the battle cry. or that is just an audio announcing his arrival from the lander..

As the difficulty in a level to spell a word thru the landers (other than if you have a crawler) is not worth hearing him say, "The reap is coming" or such and such..

Do more research, I'm interested to know if there is more :) I am a very speculative sort, but always prefer to play devils advocate to keep the reality of things in perspective.

Good Luck!! I wish I had more time lately to investigate these easter eggs, my time is pretty much limited to repeating them as of late :(

No ones going to kill you haha..

But there is a line of txt with in the code for the game, allowing those words to work with in the game, if it was PC / PS3 / XBOX specific it would be irrelevant info to keep in the file for one of any of the other systems..

Im imagining there is a series of events we are still not understanding, or another sort of easter egg unrelated to the current big discovery...

We'll see I guess the more the game gets stripped down..

im not really interested in the HITSAM and HYENA code as i dont think it will be able to be activated until PS3 get Ascension

however thinking about it, there are a few things that i would like to say.

The code is clearly incomplete, we can all gather that.

we all get 90 seconds of Death machine, there is a specific reason for this, they could of just given us the standard time as a reward, which brings me to my next point of what they mean

HITSAM (which i still believe it could be incomplete code hi its sam) but anyways, We get 90 seconds of Death machine, i believe there are 4 apparitions of Samantha (I still believe she was released) and the death machines have to shoot these apparitions (possibly something simple from a gersh device black hole to a rip in space to even a shadowy shape of Samantha herself) in keeping with shooting the Gersh device with Element 115 infused guns

HYENA might be along the same lines, possibly Hell hounds?

as i said, im not going to think along the lines of its the same as just collecting letters like LUNA, there would be no need for death machines for 90 seconds, thats 90 seconds for 4 characters to search the map and do both parts of the secret, i believe the Death machine is the link and is there for that very reason,

i could well be wrong, but been doing this long enough to know that 4 players getting death machine for 90 seconds means more than just a reward.

EDIT: and if this code is correct

level.passkey = array( "l", "u", "n", "a" );

level.passkey_progress = 0;

level.secret1 = array( "h", "i", "t", "s", "a", "m" );

level.secret1_progress = 0;

level.secret2 = array( "h", "y", "e", "n", "a" );

level.secret2_progress = 0;

the secrets do not have _passkey in any of them, proving they dont have Letters needed to be collected, as it wont activate anything after collecting the letters

this code may be hotfixed on ps3 release also, but as it stands now, i cant see it being letters like LUNA, but thi is just my alternative opinion as i see it now, with the code being incomplete i cant make a 100% yes or no

Heres something i found on NGT

H = staminup pad to speed cola pad

I = speed cola pad to home pad

T = home pad to PHD pad

S = PHD pad to speed cola pad

A = Speed cola pad to staminup pad

M = Staminup pad to PHD pad

Unlocks: Unknown, never tried it yet

other node....

H = Staminup pad to speed cola pad

Y = Speed cola pad to PHD pad

E = PHD pad to home pad

N = home pad to speed cola pad

A = speed cola pad to PHD pad

Unlocks: "PPSH" is now an item from the random box, can pack-a-punch it into a "Reaper" if you get it.

i owe Mongoth666(youtube user) for giving me this, and I just perfected it. So go ahead try it alreaedy!

Heres something i found on NGT

H = staminup pad to speed cola pad

I = speed cola pad to home pad

T = home pad to PHD pad

S = PHD pad to speed cola pad

A = Speed cola pad to staminup pad

M = Staminup pad to PHD pad

Unlocks: Unknown, never tried it yet

other node....

H = Staminup pad to speed cola pad

Y = Speed cola pad to PHD pad

E = PHD pad to home pad

N = home pad to speed cola pad

A = speed cola pad to PHD pad

Unlocks: "PPSH" is now an item from the random box, can pack-a-punch it into a "Reaper" if you get it.

i owe Mongoth666(youtube user) for giving me this, and I just perfected it. So go ahead try it alreaedy!

Is the ppsh confirmed?

So you saw a video of it on youtube..

Claim you've been perfecting it..

But haven't posted the link for it anyone on our forum, nor have any of our other community members who troll "Ascension" on youtube found and or linked it..

But it works?

In such a case as this, that you can claim there is proof via youtube... post the link... I just looked on YouTube... couldnt find it, searche dunder the user name and Key phrases with the gun name and map name and easter egg and etc..

If you didn't say ANYTHING about youtube, I'd have tried it myself before looking for a video...

If people who broke some of the code in Ascension already stated that Hyena and Hitsam have NO relevance other then they exist as part of the system with out having an ingame action as of yet.. I'd have still tried it on an off chance..

Im no accusing you of lying, but if you have access to a youtube video that proves this and IS NOT a video commentary of MORE theories and speculation...

then please, post it... I'll keep a spot on this thread for you.. sitting next to Japattack and Geno.. so that way you can either make friends with an honest poster or the guy who needs his membership deleted.. ;)

K THNXS :)

I don't know if this will be possible. But what if you were to call the lander over to the junk yard area. Then as soon as you do that last step before the death machines jump on the lander and try to meet the floating guy in the air? I don't know if it has been mentioned or said before.

haha i said almost the same in an other topic of this site! maybe shoot the deathmachines in the air? I'm very curious what will happen though