Josh olin expresses himself by blaming fans

thehoodedman

Now this isn't to the one who believe that black ops is ok. I think it is towards the people who bought Black ops and hated it, and the ones who just really hate it, or just battle field fanboys.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -fans.aspx

JD :

"Personally, as a community manager who lives in the media or social media world every day, I think the social culture of video games is moving in a more negative direction as technology and social media continues to grow," he said. "Rather than growing with it, the trend seems to be devolving. More and more gamers seem to forget what this industry is all about.

"It’s a creative industry – the most creative form of entertainment in existence. Too many developers who try new things are getting burned by 'pundits' and angry entitled fans who look to be contrarian, sometimes simply for the sake of being contrarian. The only thing this attitude aims to achieve is stunt that creativity and innovation even further, which is something that no rational gamer looking to be entertained would want to do."

Don't blame it on the fans.

For some more on the interveiw with Josh Olin heres a link with a zombie section in the interveiw.

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1185/b ... =0#listing

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"More and more gamers seem to forget what this industry is all about." - "Creativity"....

How about stability? A properly revised and working product across multiple platforms?

Then you have the nerve to talk about creativity? What was "creative" about Black Ops? Many of you are thinking Theater Mode, Customisation, Wager Matches, but I ask you this, tell me another game which does not have these features.... exactly, there are games that already do this, therfore it isn't CREATIVE is it? You're using the same goddamn engine since CoD4. Thats 4 years old. It isn't a NEW engine. Game expectations have risen, the quality of CoD games hasn't. People want more. I will not stand for sub-HD graphics for a rehashed game with different time zones and guns strapped to it.

"Creativity", huh.... how about QUALITY?

I hate it when people come out and say the most stupidest things without thinking about:

A) Why people are flaming...

B) Fixing the faults to stop the flaming...

I'm not blaming Josh for the game, I am for his statements.

And before you think im trollin or "de-brain" me, have you been to Black Ops fan page on Facebook? Have a look at the complaints to "Like" ratio. People have bad things to say FOR A REASON.

Josh, I thought you were different.. Iv said it before and I'll say it again. Jerk

Goodbye Activi$ion

And before you think im trollin or "de-brain".

I do not think you are trollin. Your just stating your own opinion and facts you know on the situation. You can state your own opinion and facts on the situation

As for me on it when I get Dead space 2 I;m taken a break from Blops.

Cool, that statement was meant for other readers. And some is my opinion, but it is a fact that the game is sub-standard, sub-hd and anything but creative. Pre-ordered Dead Space 2.

It's hilarious when somebody says they're not going to buy Activision's next game. You're only hurting the developer when Activision doesn't get it's undeservedly large cut of the profit. And YES YOU ARE buying the next game. Maybe you don't stand in line on launch day. Maybe you wait for the price to drop or buy it used at Gamestop. But yer gonna buy it anyway and you're just being a drama queen who storms out yelling "Im leaving, goodbye!" then comes back an hour later because it's cold and rainy.

But yeah. The slightest thing pisses off every gamer. It's like "oh, I just blundered onto a landmine. GODDAMN TREYARCH!" "Some 12 year old got a headshot on me and now he's calling everybody faggots in a whiny high-pitched voice. GODDAMN TREYARCH!" "Hey, these graphics are 2 years old and showing their age. GODDAMN TREYARCH!" Unless you're stuck, can't get past a level, and there's no way you can cheat around it, you don't have a real problem.

To all the angry fans who got even more pissed off by Josh Olin's statement, I say this: Do you have any idea how spoiled you dumbass dickbags sound? Treyarch has been real good to us. Infinity Ward might listen to the fans, but Treyarch listens and then goes that extra mile and implements.

It's hilarious when somebody says they're not going to buy Activision's next game. You're only hurting the developer when Activision doesn't get it's undeservedly large cut of the profit. And YES YOU ARE buying the next game. Maybe you don't stand in line on launch day. Maybe you wait for the price to drop or buy it used at Gamestop. But yer gonna buy it anyway and you're just being a drama queen who storms out yelling "Im leaving, goodbye!" then comes back an hour later because it's cold and rainy.

But yeah. The slightest thing pisses off every gamer. It's like "oh, I just blundered onto a landmine. GODDAMN TREYARCH!" "Some 12 year old got a headshot on me and now he's calling everybody faggots in a whiny high-pitched voice. GODDAMN TREYARCH!" "Hey, these graphics are 2 years old and showing their age. GODDAMN TREYARCH!" Unless you're stuck, can't get past a level, and there's no way you can cheat around it, you don't have a real problem.

To all the angry fans who got even more pissed off by Josh Olin's statement, I say this: Do you have any idea how spoiled you dumbass dickbags sound? Treyarch has been real good to us. Infinity Ward might listen to the fans, but Treyarch listens and then goes that extra mile and implements.

Me not buying the next game may not hurt Activi$ion, but there's strength in numbers. We vote with our wallet. And im sorry that me not buying the next CoD will hurt Treyarch, but I can only blame both Treyarch and Activi$ion. Acti for being greedy, and Treyarch not being creative or taking FPS games to the next level. I will not buy the next CoD game or any Activision games for a long time until something is done about Kotticks reign. I wont wait for the price to drop or anything. If I buy it pre-owned, Acti dont get a £.

When a game does not function as it is intended and advertised on all the platforms it is created for WE HAVE A FREAKING PROBLEM! Sure, you don't notice it on the 360, thats because it was made for it and then ported to us. We (PS3 users) got the short end of the stick. Graphics may not be a problem if people don't care much, but when a game starts to lose any percentage AT ALL of its followers because of its lack of graphics, thats saying something. We live in a world where HD is the standard of gaming and movies. 3D is the new HD. Pretty much everything now has a HD alternative, yet a game which has (supposed so have) been improved every year, you'd think in the year of our lord 20-freaking-11, we'd at least, AT LEAST, be able to get 720p graphics out of a game, which lets face it, is not even graphically intensive. If a game like Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5 and Resistance 3 can be 720p and even 1080p (GT5) with its complex shadows, post-processing particle effects and HDR lighting is possible, why can't Call of Duty? (A franchise thats been around longer than Killzone and Resistance).

If Gears of War can do the similar effects as above, why can Call of Duty? Simple, because Activision are trying to maximise profits while keeping development costs low. And its okay for both Treyarch and IW to just let it slide with the insane marketing of both Acti and M$ to encourage it.

Treyarch gave us 3D, and yet they still missed the 720p mark. :facepalm:

"Do you have any idea how spoiled you dumbass dickbags sound?"

Are we really spoiled? Really? REALLY? With the type of games that Sony have being giving us from their first party line-up, and EA's games like Bad Company 2, Dead Space and NFS:HP, yeah we are spoiled. With CoD? HA! Far from it.

"Treyarch has been real good to us. Infinity Ward might listen to the fans, but Treyarch listens and then goes that extra mile and implements."

orly? Dual Sign in on PSN.... Why not? WHY FREAKING NOT? Resistance 2 can do it.... LBP can support 4 at a time. Why not CoD? MW2 had pretty secure matchmaking servers compared BO's servers... once again, BO's the successor... Why is it not better?

IW gave us 16 MP maps on the disk. Treyarch gave us 14...

MW2 = 600p

Blops = 544p

Both PS3

FYI:- I really only bought BO for the Zombies. There aren't any other zombie games which are better than this.

Think your responses through before you comment. Wash your mouth out and control your ego.

What "Creativity"? Black Ops multiplayer is the same type of fail as MW2. SMGs rule the game, snipers are worthless, and the only guns that are good have high fire rates! I am only prestiege 1, and I will stay there. I have had the game since it came out, yet the only thing I am satisfied with is Zombies. My clan tag is ZOMB, and my emblem says 115. That is because Zombies is the best thing Treyarch made.

I really thought Treyarch was the best, but this has opened my eyes.

"Do you have any idea how spoiled you dumbass dickbags sound?"

Are we really spoiled? Really? REALLY? With the type of games that Sony have being giving us from their first party line-up, and EA's games like Bad Company 2, Dead Space and NFS:HP, yeah we are spoiled. With CoD? HA! Far from it.

I giggled at that too!

:D

Metal Gear Solid four spoiled me.

COD spoiled my apetite.

The only reason I bought the DLC was for Zombies. And now within a day of the DLC, I want to snap my disc in half. It is all about profits. If they average user wants to use a UMP or 74u w/Grip and Rapid Fire, then TA will not stop them. If they cannot kill a sniper, TA will make it possible, If they cannot kill a shotgun, It will become possible. If they want ninja and Commando, then it will be possible. If they want an SMG w/ Grenade launcher, IT WILL BECOME POSSIBLE.

All in all, the Zombies is still good. Only reason I have not broken this game yet.

You know what I think of when I read this I say this. War never changes. Oh wait Parody in bound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8

How much do you want to bet that Josh Olin was paid to say all that stuff? I know this may sound off-topic, but it's something to think about in regards to mainstream media like COD. Why do producers and community-relations personnel never tell us what we long to hear? Why do they never tell the truth? This inquiry reminds me of the difference between popularity & honesty.....all these Hollywood celebrities appearing on magazines and on the news, being what they are, all that stuff; if they were honest, they wouldn't be popular....

....okay I guess that was a bad comparison.....but I hope you guys read my two cents here and think about it. :ugeek:

@thehoodedman

Oh my God. :lol: That video spoke volumes and was just fun to watch. Brains for you. [brains]

These topics make me laugh. The problem is, if you are getting that pissed off at the people that make the game, maybe they aren't the ones with the problem. Calling people greeady & all sorts of things, when you dont even know the situation, or who these people are, or their ambitions in life. There is a reason why they are them, and you are you. I'm probably going to get flamed for this, it doesn't make a difference to me. In the end, one should look to the sky, and see that there is beauty in the world, and we are neglecting it for these petty video games.

However, My opinion is this, I play video games all the time, and I have had my fair share of anger issues with these games. I have empathy for all of thse that this may apply to, but I never understood where flamming the games came from. And there was a guy in this forum that basicly pointed out, you are going to buy it, even if you say you won't. He is completly right, unless you wanna sit in the dark playing out-dated games only a handfull of people play. For instance, a friend of mine went all to peices after playing call of duty 4 till 3 in the morning, every morning. W@W came by, and after a while " i'm not playing that, cod:4 is way cooler. MW2 came by " I hate this fucking game and the develepors who made it". BO came by " I hate this game and the developers who made it." But even he realized why he was buying the games he enjoyed flamming, for two reasons.

1. He has nothing better to do but play and flame video games

2. People don't like doing the same thing, everyday. Especially with video games, that's the real reason why you flame it. Even if you deny this, your subconcious is telling the truth.

It is getting kinda late, so I'm gonna get off here, if you disagree with what I said, make it a legitmate arguement. Or at least use imaginitve words, put some thought into what you say. And most of all, evaluate your emotions as you read this, maybe it will help you discover your true character. I'de like to know of at least one person I had influenced with this. Oh, and dont be shy! Anyone who reads this, will never, ever see you in Real Life. Maybe that is a good thing, because there isn't a single person that goes around in real life flamming these things, for multiple reasons, but im not going into that.

Yours truly,

Physicalchimera

Come on dude, it's a game. Why did you even buy the freaking game if your complaining about it's grafix. And Treyarch created many new ideas like zombies, costom sights, costom emblems, 15 prestiges, more weapons, many different varieties of maps that take place at different times, new and better killstreaks, new perks, more and better cammos like gold, face paints, change the way you look by the first perk, and much much more. Also, even if Black Ops does not have the latest and most desired engine for you, Black Ops is made mostely to have fun while playing call of duty by actually having equally matched weapons, total costomization, and you can actually play the game for more than 4 months without rage quitting. Just my opinion.

zombies, costom sights, costom emblems, 15 prestiges, more weapons, many different varieties of maps that take place at different times, new and better killstreaks, new perks, more and better cammos like gold, face paints, change the way you look by the first perk, and much much more.

Zombies? Everyone does zombies. The round survival formula isn't new either. Gears of War had horde mode, and that wasn't anything new. They just put two things together and got something good. But good =/= original.

Customization of guns and emblems? Hasn't Halo been doing this kind of stuff for a while? (Protip: YES)

15 Prestiges? So you're saying that five more prestiges is creative? That's ridiculous.

Map varieties? That's not creative at all. That's an expectation nowadays. The maps should be varied.

New and better killstreaks? So take the dogs from World at War and add the ones Modern Warfare 2 had, and you'll have people defending that as creative.

New perks? Rename them and move their "pro" effects around a bit, and it's brand new. Just like if I have a giant bowl of spaghetti, and I push it around a bunch, it looks like it has been eaten a little bit, but, upon closer inspection, it hasn't at all.

More camos? That's not really creative. Take real-life, already-made camos and apply them to textures. Apparently, I'm now qualified to work for Treyarch and be loved by their fanboys.

Facepaint? More character customization. Probably the most original part of this was the fact that the customization was confined to only your face. On top of that, you couldn't design your own. Just pick from a bunch of pre-determined paints.

Change the way you look by your first perk? No one noticed that different gun classes are what affected your appearance in the other CoDs apparently, so Treyarch tried to make a big deal out of it like it was revolutionary. Ridiculous.

All that being said, I actually enjoy playing BlOps. But I'm intelligent enough to realize that there is a big difference between having fun with the game and considering it original or creative or revolutionary. In the grand scheme of things, Call of Duty has not been a "revolutionary" franchise. They just rehash old ideas, but do it well. But rehashing only goes so far. A big name franchise with a big budget in this case should be making games that live in the current generation: the HD generation. Enough of this sub-600p shit. Use the extra 480p available and maybe your game won't be written off for graphics.

i give the game 10/10... all in all its a pretty bad ass game.. i guess the money that treyarch made is all spent

and now they gotta fix up there problems like WHEN WAITING 15 monites for the next zombie GAME!!

if they could fix the WAITING & migrating host shit! then i aint gonna buy the next game. PERIOD!

@gordogg24p and @gross1985

nicely put

Thank you. :D Granted, I was pretty tired at the time I posted that message, but it's something that just hit me, inspired by a video from IGN about Metal Gear Solid® Rising, with the narrators going on saying "Well I didn't get anything in MGS2 lol" which was clearly absurd because, well, MGS2 was released in 2001 and it was already debunked a long time ago. On another forum, I responded "This is some of the essence of mainstream media, don'tcha think?" and so this article in this thread reminded me of such.

Now, as for Call of Duty® Black Ops being “creative”.....well, in things like this, creativity is subject to perspective. For all I know, Black Ops is more like a milestone for Treyarch, bringing them up to a status where they are no longer a “me too” company for Infinity Ward, for they implemented a lot of new things in Multiplayer. At the same time, however, it is because of these new things that MP has noticeable flaws....so as such I consider what Treyarch did to be a “daring move” on their part. You have to admit that their intentions were fair, but as to be expected with daring moves like these, these new things’ executions ended up conceiving flaws. To me, all the new features that were implemented, such as live tracking of total shots fired, total deaths, total barrels exploded in USD values, and all those other things....coupled with other things like some player-character customization, Emblem customization, contracts, Combat Training which utilizes surprisingly intelligent (well, sort of) AI bots, and most especially the Theater Mode.....to me, they all add up somehow to MP’s lag. It’s a technical thing, though. Of course, perhaps this issue would’ve been avoided if they put Multiplayer on a separate disc, instead of hording everything into just one disc. Even if having a game be multiple-disc makes it more expensive, I’m sure people will still buy the product, especially if it’s a COD game.

In terms of “creativity”, which is what this subject is about from the sound of things....well, the reason most people don’t find this game creative is because it is, like all the other COD games in the series, a rehash with some slight new things implemented. When taking the word “creativity” and broadening it in terms of videogames as a whole, COD is not considered “creative”. If anything, Treyarch went above their own call of duty and implemented an immersive storyline into COD:BO, even deciding to give the main character a voice while in-game, instead of being mute while playing as him. No COD game before this one has had in-game player-character dialogue. As for storyline, the COD games haven’t been much for having a storyline; COD1, 2, 3, and WAW were set in WWII, and the Modern Warfare® series uses contemporary political situations & scenarios as its storyline while implementing a few twists (though people still think MW2’s storyline was utter $h!t; to each their own). Black Ops, if anything, takes storyline implementation at least a few steps further, but I doubt anyone would consider any of it “creative”.

Call of Duty® Zombies, on the other hand (or Nazi Zombies, Black Ops Zombies, whatever you want to call it), has a very rich storyline about it, even if it’s just some leisurely game mode to play if you want to take a break from Campaign or Multiplayer. What makes Zombies’ storyline rich is the mythos, though, the implementation of easter eggs and subtle references to whatever is relative to the level you’re playing in. Otherwise, Zombies is a means of letting the COD series “have fun with itself”. And self-fun, for lack of a better description, inspires creativity.

Oh my god, that Duty Calls video was balls-out hilarious.

Wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah. Spoiled. I ain't played Dead Space or Bad Company 2, but here's my take on Bad Company 1. It's easy enough to get past the lack of any backstory (although Haggard does say "I think I'm in Europe"). The fact that there even IS a single player story was the only reason I got the game. So it's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. But there are SERIOUS drawbacks...for one, the environment is TOO F***ING BIG. This is not a Fallout or Elder Scrolls game where everything SHOULD be big. No. This is a game where, if your vehicle blows up, and you have to go on foot, even the fact that you can run indefinitely unlike in Call of Duty does not salvage the experience. And the environmental destruction? I like the concept, but Red Faction: Guerrilla DESTROYS Bad Company's destruction. Now if Bad Company came out first, then they have an excuse, but when I see a building that's still standing, in a game with environmental destruction, I take it to mean "I just haven't shot it enough."

Still, Bad Company is a great game, but it just doesn't compare to Call of Duty, so if you want to bring up a game that's somehow better, keep looking. If you have an issue with graphics, that's fine, I don't care, I don't even need graphics. I play games to have fun and, more important, be entertained. So when I see people bitching about Treyarch, I look at them the same way I look at Star Wars "fans" who hated the prequels.

At least the prequels didn't have f**kin' EWOKS!

"More and more gamers seem to forget what this industry is all about." - "Creativity"....

How about stability? A properly revised and working product across multiple platforms?

Then you have the nerve to talk about creativity? What was "creative" about Black Ops? Many of you are thinking Theater Mode, Customisation, Wager Matches, but I ask you this, tell me another game which does not have these features.... exactly, there are games that already do this, therfore it isn't CREATIVE is it? You're using the same goddamn engine since CoD4. Thats 4 years old. It isn't a NEW engine. Game expectations have risen, the quality of CoD games hasn't. People want more. I will not stand for sub-HD graphics for a rehashed game with different time zones and guns strapped to it.

I hate it when people come out and say the most stupidest things without thinking about:

And before you think im trollin or "de-brain" me, have you been to Black Ops fan page on Facebook? Have a look at the complaints to "Like" ratio. People have bad things to say FOR A REASON.

Josh, I thought you were different.. Iv said it before and I'll say it again. Jerk

Goodbye Activi$ion

:facepalm: You may think that way about black ops o.k. i well not take that away from but i well say that b.o. sold more copies than anything ( more than mw2!) it has zombies how many call of dutys took that risk! they are the first cod to have a story line that is play able more than just for vet. first cod to have the player talk in single player and see his face, all of the other cods you were a a guy that didn't talk and had no-name and you did everything but you were not even the main person! i think you don't like b.o. because of i.w. and because they are out of the game for good. i think me and the other 8 MILLION+ poeple that bought black ops like it, no one made you buy black ops and

Dude, just quite winning about the small details that Black Ops does not have and if you really hate the game that much, don't play the freaking thing and don't go online and post it all over the place just so you can get noticed, or whatever your trying to do. Really, if your stressing out all over about a VIDEO GAME!!!! Then there is really something wrong with you!

Goodbye Activi$ion

:facepalm: You may think that way about black ops o.k. i well not take that away from but i well say that b.o. sold more copies than anything ( more than mw2!) it has zombies how many call of dutys took that risk! they are the first cod to have a story line that is play able more than just for vet. first cod to have the player talk in single player and see his face, all of the other cods you were a a guy that didn't talk and had no-name and you did everything but you were not even the main person! i think you don't like b.o. because of i.w. and because they are out of the game for good. i think me and the other 8 MILLION+ poeple that bought black ops like it, no one made you buy black ops and

Okay I'm glad you brought this up. It raises a question I ain't even considered. WHY would Infinity Ward, even passively, want people to not like Black Ops, or for that matter ANY iteration of the series created by Treyarch? They INVENTED Call of Duty, and Treyarch not only respects and expands upon that, but their games also generate brand loyalty and attract new gamers. Personally, if I found that IW was actively trying to sabotage Treyarch the way Activision's lawyers are saying (which only really sounds about as true as Henry Langham) then yeah, I'd say West and Zampella needed to get shit canned. Not that Bobby Kotick wouldn't STILL be a fat douchenozzle, just that so would West and Zampella.

But just so you know, Infinity Ward is still very much in the game. They've enlisted Sledgehammer, Call of Duty's newest developer, to pick up the slack and fill the void left by the "exodus," which unfortunately puts their standalone game on hold, but gives us more in the meantime. If experience has taught me anything, the next Call of Duty will not be a better or worse game, just different.

All that said, I'm not above complaining myself. But I only have one problem out of a thousand potential ones. If anybody from Treyarch is reading this...PATCH THE F**KING TERMINAL FONT ALREADY! My TV is so big the top of my dresser drawers has warped under it's weight...AND I STILL CAN'T READ THE GODDAMN TEXT WITHOUT SQUINTING LIKE CLINT EASTWOOD GETTING TEARGASSED AFTER A WEEK-LONG INABILITY TO TAKE A SHIT! There. I'm done complaining. And even though the font still sucks, I still love everything Treyarch's done for us. I'm sorry if that makes ME the f**ked up one.

The only reason I bought the DLC was for Zombies. And now within a day of the DLC, I want to snap my disc in half. It is all about profits.

Well, profits are definitely Activision's purpose. For all I know Treyarch probably got 40% of all income for COD:BO like IW did for MW2. Infinity Ward did claim at one point last year that Activision was something of a "police-state", and seeing as how Activision is ultimately the go-to guy concerning what to do with a COD game, it's all just stuff to think about.

I'm not trying to sound like a brown-noser or a sympathizer, though I'm clearly playing Devil's advocate here. Point is that I'm trying to be "realistic" based on what I learn about Activision.....of course I seem to learn a lot of bad things about Activision.

If they average user wants to use a UMP or 74u w/Grip and Rapid Fire, then TA will not stop them. If they cannot kill a sniper, TA will make it possible, If they cannot kill a shotgun, It will become possible. If they want ninja and Commando, then it will be possible. If they want an SMG w/ Grenade launcher, IT WILL BECOME POSSIBLE.

I will admit that a lot of what you mentioned here is sad truth, especially the SMG w/GL thing......but the catch here to me is that the AKS-74u isn't an SMG to begin with; it's a carbine variation of the AK-74. I bet they made the AKS-74u an SMG just because it was an SMG in COD4. Also, I think that an AKS-74u with a Rapid Fire attachment is unrealistic; if I had my way with this game's development, I'd omit Rapid Fire from the AKS-74u.....though of course I'd classify the weapon as an AR.

I've rarely ever sniped in COD:BO, because the maps in MP are so open and there is virtually no place to hide when playing as a sniper. As for shotguns, there are times when I feel like toting a shotgun and blasting people, but shotguns still suck, and I wonder if it would've hurt anybody to consider implementing slugs as an attachment for shotguns; slugs would improve range, but they might make shotguns "overpowered". :facepalm: So, basically, it seems like the proper weapons to use in COD:BO MP are SMG's, AR's and LMG's...

All in all, the Zombies is still good. Only reason I have not broken this game yet.

Good. Don't break your disc; you'll have spent all that money for nothing if you did. :P

I'm not going to post some long winded response but I will contribute my opinion. Personally I love Black Ops, and I don't feel that anything is "Over-Powered" the problem with that term is that it's become a buzz word, anytime somebody gets a kill with a gun that not many people use all you hear is "OP! OP!" if someone gets a kill with a gun that a lot of people use.. "OP! OP!" I honestly think that people don't realise, it's not the game that annoys them, it's the people playing it. Everyone has different tactics, strategies, weapon preferences. And each player, (whether they are a No Scoper, Hard Scoper, Run and Gunner, Camper, Knifer, or any other random word thrown at people who are winning,) has spent time discovering what they can do to; get less deaths, get more kills.. Win. And if somebody is winning or doing well, then somebody else has to be losing and not doing so well. All you have to do is evolve as a player,

change things up a bit.

I like all the customisation, Theater Mode is amazing, there aren't loads of new things as it's still a Call of Duty game, and as a series it evolves, that doesn't mean it has to be a completely new game, it is a proven formula.

I feel bad for PS3 users due to the problems they have, I play Xbox so I don't know the extent, but that doesn't mean the game is shit, it means there are a few problems that will hopefully be fixed. I honestly don't think the devs are sitting in their office laughing it up. I think they are working there hardest trying to make us all happy, and for that I'm grateful.

Wow, that was pretty long winded. Didn't know I had it in me.

EDIT: Also, I wonder how many of the people who "hate" Black Ops are gonna smash their disc in their for some double XP this weekend...

Come on dude, it's a game. Why did you even buy the freaking game if your complaining about it's grafix. And Treyarch created many new ideas like zombies, costom sights, costom emblems, 15 prestiges, more weapons, many different varieties of maps that take place at different times, new and better killstreaks, new perks, more and better cammos like gold, face paints, change the way you look by the first perk, and much much more. Also, even if Black Ops does not have the latest and most desired engine for you, Black Ops is made mostely to have fun while playing call of duty by actually having equally matched weapons, total costomization, and you can actually play the game for more than 4 months without rage quitting. Just my opinion.

here is some un-creativity

WMD Mission where the dude falls from broken bridge = Bad company 2

Engine = Infinity ward

Custom-able killstreaks = MW2

Emblem and Title = MW2

Gun Game = CSS

Dual Shotguns = MW2

2 Types of Red dot sight = MW2

Only to name a few... on and Josh...you know nothing about crativity, so shut up.