NEW HD Ascension Videos, Easter Eggs and more! *UPDATED 2/2*

carbonfibah

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah; basically it's an epic easter egg, which if you ask me probably gives true meaning to the map's name, "Ascension", don'tcha think? It involves nodes and such, but not only does it require four players but it definitely seems pain-staking, especially if your best bet is to find competent teammates.

I just want to put this out there. I have been interested in Quantum Mechanics and the like for awhile now, and I've been looking at practical applications for certain Quantum Mechanics principles. I looked at the Casimir effect awhile ago, and I noticed something interesting. When I was looking on Google for a certain supplement to some side research I was doing, I glanced across a DARPA reference, which was strange to me. So I decided to follow up just now, and look into it, and surprisingly this is what I found:

http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=7337.php

I would suggest thorougly reading this, but notice especially the bottom of the page. In addition to referencing potential time-travel capabilities through stabalized wormholes (only to the past though, I'll explain only if necessary). So time travel and even wormhole manipulation has been studied before at least in some detail or ernest.

So what's the big deal?

Well, it is known that the person trying to escape in Ascension references the Casamir device and that it needs extreme amounts of power to activate. As has been previously mentioned, the Casamir effect can act as a wormhole stabilizer and allow interstellar travel. Well it's quite possible that the concept in Ascension is that this mysterious person needs to reactivate this Casamir device that was most likely used on him to trap him in an area (most likely with sam) so that he can escape. It is possible for a few other things to happen as well. Theoretically according to multidimensional theory, time travel could be simply traveling through the fourth relative dimension. So if the wormhole could provide time travel, then that means it runs through/to the fourth dimension. So the person could be trying to escape the fourth dimension and to do that would need to get in to the Casamir device "again" which you as the players activate. So my theory is that the Casimir Device is a multidimensional transporter. It is also possible that the Gersch devices (being black holes that provide a point of travel between two areas) could be wormholes, and indeed might be minor or failed versions of Casimir Devices, or even be something as crazy as the transmitters of the Casimir Device, allowing such travel (think, that's why you had to shoot the GERSCH DEVICE to MAKE IT MORE POWERFUL AND ACTIVATE THE CASIMIR DEVICE).

So what's that mean for the Easter Egg?

Well...I don't know...

Personally I was intrigued by some other research on the Casimir effect. The first piece of research was furthering that article above, how the Casimir effect has been studied to provide propulsion for spaceships in a vacuum. It seems implausible that the next step in the Egg is to find something related to spaceship propulsion. The other piece of research was that the Casimir effect can be manipulated to alter the properties of a black hole as well as a wormhole. I find that to be more plausible (at least of the two), that the next step involves more Gersch devices. Actually, now that I think about it, it would make perfect sense, because if the Casimir device still was in "effect" you could experiment with that. However I think I heard something about the device shutting down due to power failure or overload or something.

Either way, or whatever way you choose to believe, I'll leave this post on this thought:

Who is that mysterious man? Is it a man? Who is it trying to escape? Is it trying to escape the "thing"? Who says it's not lying? What if it's Sam pretending to be some dude? What if Sam was trapped (intentionally) in one such Casimir device, and was trapped in the 4th dimension? And then when you activated the device, Sam screamed, but it didnt necessarily mean a scream of pain, maybe a scream of triumph. What if the thing you just let out was Sam? What's the next step?

So, was I right? Is this place is in the Antarctica? :lol:

As it was during the coldwar, this also fits nicely with the whole space race situation.

Isn't there a level called 'Launch' in Black Ops

From here:-

Black OPS, Zombies, Schwarze Sonne Empire & Ironsky

I was right about launch being used in zombies...

Maybe it's just a matter of time before the Moon and Antarctica become a reality.

Maybe Treyarch does read here for ideas...? :o

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, IF YOU GUYS HAVENT HEARD, THERE IS THE BIGGEST EASTER EGG ON ASCENSION!

Its called the "Mystery Man" easter egg.

Involves plenty of hard steps, which lead to everyone getting a 90 second death machine each. people dont know if the death machines lead to a new step, or if its the end of the easter egg.

LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE!

ITS AWSOME!

cant wait 4 map pack PS3

Involves plenty of hard steps, which lead to everyone getting a 90 second death machine each. people dont know if the death machines lead to a new step, or if its the end of the easter egg.

LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE!

ITS AWSOME!

cant wait 4 map pack PS3

I really REALLY hope that that was sarcastic... :|

LOOK IT UP ON YOUTUBE!

ITS AWSOME!

cant wait 4 map pack PS3

I really REALLY hope that that was sarcastic... :|

Lol, i typed it then left my computer. Missed other comments haha :D

too late :P

• 4 months later...