The Roof

before the trailer with zombies mosty or all peaple thought it was going to be the cosmic silver back becuse os the rumored ign info but seeing that thier tiny as hell what was on the roof

i think we still might fight the cosmic silver back one day in zombies becuse the huge connetion right now with DEO and regular zombies buts what is your theory

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there definately is something up there, some say its the building crumbling due to the power being on, some say its the little gassy crawlers, but if you listen, it

genuinely is just one thing as a pose to a hundred growling at the same time, plus if you actually look up, the bits of roof dont just fall off, they drop at some serious speed, as if they have been hit from the top

I read the thread title and I was expecting to see the first post be:

"The Roof

The Roof

The Roof is on fire."

And then the next guy says

"The Roof

The Roof

The Roof is on fire."

Then somebody ELSE says

"The Roof

The Roof

The Roof is on fire."

Then someone says

"We don't need no water, let the motherf**ker burn."

And then I come in and say

"Burn, motherf**ker. Burn."

That would have totally been a spontaneous and epic moment in the untold history of internet lolz.

before the trailer with zombies mosty or all peaple thought it was going to be the cosmic silver back

NO THEY DIDN'T

LOL

A small minority of stupid people thought it would be the Cosmic Silver Back.

The rest of us had more sense than that.

More like a small minority of people researched it and couldn't come up with any better ideas, linked what was most likely based on everything previously seen, and another small minority was all "Oh hell no, that's stupid, it makes no sense, even though you are playing as a bunch of guys from 1945 who hate each other, teleported into a theater in 1975, and get attacked by Nazi zombies, or maybe they're just extras in a movie dressed up as Nazis and you get rayguns and wunderwaffen and thunder cannons and that Winter's Howl gun, evil magic hauntings happen in the form of Samantha, you get root beer that makes you able to shoot faster, crawlers, hellhounds and a bunch of other cool shit, but an oversized space monkey 'MAKES NO SENSE?!?'"

I'm so facepalmed mah god damn head asplode.

All right, Mr. Party-of-No, yer so smart YOU tell me what it is.

WOW! My highest round i got to 2 days ago, i got to round 35 on solo on Kino Der Toten and thats really good for me for a solo but i cant w8 for the new map coming out to play online and do a bit of solo after and when it comes out in march [for us ps3 guys] ill be on there, also the map looks hard to play but im still up for it :D

i dont think the cosic silverback is all that crazy of an idea. I actually played with good headphones on for the first time and it really does sound like one big beast on the roof, also i was the japanese guy at the time and he said "sounds-a-like-a big-a monster on the roof!" or something like that. There are individual pounds on the roof causing rubble to fall down. The nova 6 crawlers do appear before the power is turned on and if you look in the barrels, they clearly were there the whole time. A gorrilla is a little silly and of-topic, so maybe its super-mutant Samantha?

ok no offence but this is why i hate this site i finlt start posting after like 2 years and i start gettting called stupid or dumb just a simple no would be nice

Ah, don't worry about Anti Earth. He's all right. He has a tendency to get full of himself - sometimes he's full of bright ideas, sometimes he's just full of shit. And sometimes he gets belligerent when he's defending his ideas, but then again, so do I. I generally use The Facts like a sledgehammer and can sometimes seem like I'm insulting someone's intelligence. Hell, sometimes I AM. It's the nature of message boards, sometimes we all need to just calm down, hit the pipe and chill.

The way I see it - anyone who dismisses the Cosmic Silverback on the grounds of "realism" or "likelihood" needs to take a step back and look at just what exactly they're playing to begin with.

What doesn't seem to occur to some people is that it can't be the building shaking due to the power, if you turn the power on, the theatre shakes, if you spend 3 round in the theatre then go into spawn room, the spawn room shakes, if the power caused the damage it would be simultaneous throughout the building wouldn't it....?

Definitely something up there

im not to offended and also i do realise what im playing for god sake were killing monkys that take perks and a scitest who takes your gun away no one ever saw this from WaW

I was referring more to the ridiculous idea of Nazi Zombies as a whole, but you're right:

The fact that there's hellhounds, WW2 stereotypes as the heroes, space monkeys, wonder waffles, monkey bombs, hauntings, a gun-stealing scientist, a pwnage machine that puts an engraved finish on the guns it upgrades, chemically engineered beverages, and four heavily-armed high-ranking politicians kicking zombie ass in the Pentagon's basement speaks for itself. Point is: ANYTHING is possible, and don't let no one tell you otherwise.

All right, Mr. Party-of-No, yer so smart YOU tell me what it is.

Ready....

THIS is truly mind sploding....

- The Gas Crawlies Making The Holes In The Roof That They Spawn From....

I mean, is the giant space gorilla opening the holes for them?

And then once his job is done, he just leaves?

It's just....

that it makes less sense than scientifically reinforced weapons, religiously accepted possessions,

colourfully depicted steroids....

:twisted:

before the trailer with zombies mosty or all peaple thought it was going to be the cosmic silver back

My original response was much meaner, however, I decided to edit it and just post responses to the concepts you questioned, showing their plausibility.:

even though you are playing as a bunch of guys from 1945 who hate each other,

Not really that hard of a concept to understand. It's a basic concept called survival. People will do extraordinary things in order to survive, it's part of not only human nature, but nature in general. Looking at species from a Darwinian perspective, survival of the fittest and the desire to reproduce, it's very clear why four people who hate each other would fight together. This isn't taking into account that Nikolai and Tank, and Richtoven and Takeo are on the same sides, respectively. To futher illustrate this, how are acts of canabalism, war, or hell any scene out of the 7 saw movies anymore of a crazy act for survival than this poposterous scenario of 4 people working together?

teleported into a theater in 1975,

Quantum physics, or wormholes, fabric of space time. Have you pick. All are now pretty main stream scientific theories.

It's accepted that on the quantum level things do not move in a linear fashion, but rather can "teleport" from one spot to another, disappear completely, or even be in two places at the same time. If you were able to do this on a large scale it is not inconceivable that you could "teleport" large objects/people at the same time. Granted you would have to understand the random nature of objects at this level, but it is still possible. Also, for fun, if you want to debate the concept of breaking a person down, then reassembling them at another point, and the possible effects this would have please consider that cryogenics isn't that far-fetched, and it is essentially the same thing.

Now, if you don't like that idea, then how about worm-holes. While many like to think that the quickest way from point A to B is a straight line, it's not. If you were to bend space time, you could very easily go from one place to another, or one time to another.

I'll now address you mention of 1975. It seems you don't only debate the teleportation, but also the time travel. Pick one of two options:

Option 1: Linear Time Travel: In this instance you wouldn't be able to travel backwards in time, but you would be able to travel forwards in time. It's widely accepted that Kino Der Toten takes place after the other maps that are out, therefore, its completely plausible that you could travel into the future.

Option 2: Non-linear time travel. This form of time travel is becoming the norm in the scientific community, and out is the old ideology of linear time travel in which you can only travel in one direction on a straight line (in which you would encounter paradoxes by going back in time, a.k.a. the grandfather paradox). I would suggest you look into the 10 dimensions, in which one of the dimensions is a dimension of every possible outcome of every possible action. In this case you could actually go back in time, and enter a new timeline branching off of where you came back to. You would then still exist in some other timeline, more accurately you would be existing in an immeasurable number of timelines, however, the "consciousness" of which you traveled back in time with would then enter into another branch, taking with you the memory of the other timeline.

and get attacked by Nazi zombies,

Perhaps one of your best arguments, however, you need to consider reasonable suspension of disbelief. In stories like this, the player/reader/user is asked to suspend their disbelief, however, when the suspension of disbelief can no longer be maintained the story becomes a joke. Perhaps one of the reasons that zombies is so popular is because it does a good job of managing disbelief. It is reasonable for us to suspend disbelief because a lot of the material is factually based. While the reasonable suspension does differ between people, and to each their own, we must look at the majority of people. In this instance the majority of peoples reasonable suspension of disbelief wavered at the thought of the cosmic silverback, and not at Nazi zombies.

or maybe they're just extras in a movie dressed up as Nazis

Possibly, no argument there. Perhaps it's all just a dream, or some super fucked up version of inception.

and you get rayguns

Electromagnetic weapons, very possible.

and wunderwaffen

Another form of an electromagnetic weapon, also very possible. A portable weaponized version of a Tesla coil.

and thunder cannons

Compressed air gun. Ever hear of pneumatics? Or paintball guns? Airsoft guns? Regardless, on a historical note:

A version of the thundergun was made by the German Army during WWII and was poised to be used against ally forces, however, it ultimately was not used, but was present on the battlefield.

and that Winter's Howl gun,

Compressed air + liquid nitrogen, seems simple enough.

evil magic hauntings happen in the form of Samantha,

Magic, as in the term of something unexplained happening, sure. Look at history and see the accounts of possessions, demonic spirits, exorcisms. While many of these may be chocked off as something else, or simply not believed, it does strike a chord with the human psyche.

you get root beer that makes you able to shoot faster,

Ever take amphetamines?

Quick revive - amphetamines

Speed cola - amphetamines

double tap - amphetamines

Jugger-nog - Opiates

Simple enough. Also, if you want to talk about them being drinks, heroin used to be sold as a cough syrup in the U.S., it seems reasonable that you could mix it into a drink and ingest it that way.

crawlers,

Genetic engineering. Science fact, not fiction.

The human genome project, Lyme disease, crops, etc. etc. etc.

hellhounds How do the attack dogs in multiplayer know the difference between the sides? If they can do that then surely the zombified versions can manage to attack our four players?

• 4 weeks later...

NO THEY DIDN'T

LOL

A small minority of stupid people thought it would be the Cosmic Silver Back.

The rest of us had more sense than that.

Yes, instead we got a map with monkeys that can seriously kick your ass in little space suits, having come from space. Totally nothing like the cosmic silverback.

Well I'd already dropped it, but consider everything you just posted. No individual point you listed is 100% preposterous on it's own. However just picture the concept of four guys from two different sides of a war that was just fought teaming up to fight zombies as they go on a time-traveling killing spree using superweapons as they get harassed by the disembodied evil spirit of a dead innocent girl that one of them killed as a side effect of killing his boss because the secret society he works for told him to. And that's not even to mention what happened at the Pentagon. Look, dude. You're fighting Nazi Zombies. Nazi freakin' Zombies. It's fun, okay? It's awesome. It's badass. But it's not SUPPOSED to make any sense. And all that the fact that the science, religion, philosophy and magic behind it makes sense does is reinforce just how awesome Treyarch is, and just how seriously they take not being all that serious. ;)

Well I'd already dropped it, but consider everything you just posted. No individual point you listed is 100% preposterous on it's own. However just picture the concept of four guys from two different sides of a war that was just fought teaming up to fight zombies as they go on a time-traveling killing spree using superweapons as they get harassed by the disembodied evil spirit of a dead innocent girl that one of them killed as a side effect of killing his boss because the secret society he works for told him to. And that's not even to mention what happened at the Pentagon. Look, dude. You're fighting Nazi Zombies. Nazi freakin' Zombies. It's fun, okay? It's awesome. It's badass. But it's not SUPPOSED to make any sense. And all that the fact that the science, religion, philosophy and magic behind it makes sense does is reinforce just how awesome Treyarch is, and just how seriously they take not being all that serious. ;)

Right on bro! That's exactly how I felt reading this. It's like some gamers would actually prefer to live an actual Nazi Zombie apocolypse in real life rather than play the game they're so serious about it. It's a game for a reason, it's suppose to be fun.

Oh and heads up people, just because something is plausible doesn't mean it's ever gonna happen. It's plausible to say that an asteroid can come and destroy earth at any time because science supports it. But is it gonna happen, no probably not. It's simply amazing how common sense can be overlooked sometimes :D

people you all just need to go back and look at the easter eggs, dr. maxis i think, was turned into what they call a "Giant Zombie". dr. maxis was also the one who was trying to create and control these zombies to take over, so maybe you think it is him making holes in the roof to help the zombies get to you?

This thread has opened my eyes. I actually never thought of it being the cosmic silverback on the roof. Good thought to say in the least, As it does sound like a huge growl when the power is turned on. I always figured that it was just some random zombie tone when the power got turned on. So, It never occurred to me to be otherwise.

On another note: Yes, It is just a game folks. I agree that it is all in good fun. People do take it serious, But I surely hope for the sake of sanity, That they don't think that it could possibly happen or will happen. It's a storyline that someone made up. Nothing more, Nothing less. Fantasy is awesome, And who knows, Maybe one day we can all become like the movie Avatar and be a part of the "real" game! LoL. But, I doubt it. [brains]