New character is actually Richtoffen

A7XFTW

Hi this is my first post and i don't think i've seen this thread anywhere but if i'm wrong, sorry :oops:

anyway bare with me, so everybody believes that in ascension there will be a new character because of the trailer on the flying thing, but i think that this 'new' character is richtoffen without his hat

just compare these two pics for evidence

from the trailer

and richtoffen

hope iv'e shed some light here and thanks for reading :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, now that I've looked at the two pictures side-by-side, there's no doubt that this mystery character is Richtofen. But why does he look like he did pre-insanity all of a sudden? Hmm...

Well if we have Dempsey, Nikolai and Richtofen returning, it sort of goes unsaid that Takeo would return too. Unless he finally got scared and ran away.

Hi this is my first post and i don't think i've seen this thread anywhere but if i'm wrong, sorry :oops:

anyway bare with me, so everybody believes that in ascension there will be a new character because of the trailer on the flying thing, but i think that this 'new' character is richtoffen without his hat

just compare these two pics for evidence

from the trailer

and richtoffen

hope iv'e shed some light here and thanks for reading :D

Embedded :)

maybe it's the sabertooth, as that's something in the zombie game files.

i'm not quite sure it's edward tho, as that's just a painting of him you're comparing it to. any why would he be in a new outfit if everyone else is the same?

It fits in with the storyline much better.

(Adds further to plot if they aren't always wearing the same thing. Their clothes tell a story)

And Richtofen ISN'T the only one with a diversity in outfits.

Nikolais outfit is a bit different too, it's all tattered and dirty now.

Yeah, now that I've looked at the two pictures side-by-side, there's no doubt that this mystery character is Richtofen. But why does he look like he did pre-insanity all of a sudden? Hmm...

Well if we have Dempsey, Nikolai and Richtofen returning, it sort of goes unsaid that Takeo would return too. Unless he finally got scared and ran away.

Two things. 1 - When have we EVER seen a sane Richtofen? And 2 - Takeo would never run away. That would not be honorable. But they said there were only three lunar landers on this map that you could escape on, so who knows where he is?

Two things. 1 - When have we EVER seen a sane Richtofen? And 2 - Takeo would never run away. That would not be honorable. But they said there were only three lunar landers on this map that you could escape on, so who knows where he is?

The BIG portrait in Kino is a sane Richtofen

(as we know from the character quotes, calling it a younger Richtofen).

Younger = previous time

previous time = before

before insanity = sane...

:)

brains for you

The BIG portrait in Kino is a sane Richtofen

(as we know from the character quotes, calling it a younger Richtofen).

Younger = previous time

previous time = before

before insanity = sane...

:)

No offense, but not only are you wrong, but the joke seems to have gone totally over your head. Okay, see, ALL the pictures in Kino are older versions of themselves. Not older pictures, pictures of their older selves. They've all aged, you can see it clearly. And when Nikolai says "Richtofen looks a bit younger in this picture," he's being sarcastic and implying that Richtofen looks like an old man.

You know, given that the portraits look about 30 years older, and the map itself takes place in 1975, one can infer that the characters made it back to their own time, otherwise their wouldn't BE any portraits of them...unless the portraits themselves, like all the Cold War era guns, were sent back from the future, but I think the former is more likely. Conceivably one could imagine the possibility that you could run into your older selves.

Hmmm...MAYBE, and this is just a wild guess, totally not certain at all, but MAYBE once Tank, Takeo, Nikolai and Doc make it back to their own time, they go into the movie business, plan on filming a WW2 movie, set up all the actors with Nazi uniforms, get their pictures taken, set everything up as best as they remember it, then sit back and wait for the outbreak and their younger selves to port in and kill all the zombies. That would mean they're trying to protect the space-time continuum instead of disrupt it for their own ends.

@Chris Mathers....

Okay, so EVEN THOUGH they travelled FORWARD IN TIME to get to Kino...

(as the loading screen tells us)

you still think they are in a time before their own?

So you suggest that...

- they were in their own time

- they teleported to the past

- they teleported a bit to the future, but not all the way

Hmmm, no I think that's a bit weird :D

@Chris Mathers....

So you suggest that...

I'm Confuzzled :?

@Chris Mathers....

So you suggest that...

If you've ever watched the episode of Smallville where Clark goes to the future and not only does he meet his older self, but his older self remembers going through it all, you'll understand this. But you guys probably don't watch Smallville.

So i'll explain.

So, Rich, Tank, Tak, and Nik teleport to kino in the future, then teleport back to the past and, as earlier posts said, get older, but they still remember going to the future, so they know in a few years, an outbreak will occur and their YOUNGER selves will come to the future Via teleporter and contain the outbreak. It's kinda like History repeating itself over and over and OVER. But rather than stop it, the four would much rather just let it happen and leave the space-time continuum alone. And yes, that is Richtofen without his hat in a russian space suit, why a russian suit, most likely cause they're in russia OR he was in space at some point, other than that, I HAVN'T A CLUE.

@Chris Mathers....

So you suggest that...

If you've ever watched the episode of Smallville where Clark goes to the future and not only does he meet his older self, but his older self remembers going through it all, you'll understand this. But you guys probably don't watch Smallville.

So i'll explain.

So, Rich, Tank, Tak, and Nik teleport to kino in the future, then teleport back to the past and, as earlier posts said, get older, but they still remember going to the future, so they know in a few years, an outbreak will occur and their YOUNGER selves will come to the future Via teleporter and contain the outbreak. It's kinda like History repeating itself over and over and OVER. But rather than stop it, the four would much rather just let it happen and leave the space-time continuum alone. And yes, that is Richtofen without his hat in a russian space suit, why a russian suit, most likely cause they're in russia OR he was in space at some point, other than that, I HAVN'T A CLUE.

I watch smallville :D also maybe samantha put up those pics in Kino

So you suggest that...

So i'll explain.

I watch smallville :D also maybe samantha put up those pics in Kino

Finally, a smallville fan :-D And i don't know, i always saw it as if they put the pictures up as if Tank, Tak, Rich, and Nik were heroes of war or something. Cause you know how in FIVE there is a picture of Roebuck.